Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Jeff- That would be great if there is any way to fix it. One option might be to implement a "manual remute" button press of some kind. For example, I dial my office to get my voice mail..."Please enter password" is loud, but once I enter it, I can barely hear messages. If after entering password there were some kind of "BTReMute" button on the phone screen.... Just a thought.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by 02flhrci
    Jeff- That would be great if there is any way to fix it. One option might be to implement a "manual remute" button press of some kind. For example, I dial my office to get my voice mail..."Please enter password" is loud, but once I enter it, I can barely hear messages. If after entering password there were some kind of "BTReMute" button on the phone screen.... Just a thought.
    That is a known problem with the mute fix. Once you press any button the volume reverts back and you can not again increase it until the next phone call. I do have an idea though. I will work on it and get back to everyone if it works.

Jeff
    Great! Ideas are always good!
    I am trying to get version 1.7 to work with SuperTooth (in-car system), and it is not doing anything with the volume. When I tap on mute manually, there is a very noticeable difference. Any ideas?
    Jeff, two questions:

1. I'm using an HBH-660. What settings have you found work well for you?
    2. Regarding v1.7: What does "alternate methods" do? how would I know whether I need it?
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by mervynle
    I am trying to get version 1.7 to work with SuperTooth (in-car system), and it is not doing anything with the volume. When I tap on mute manually, there is a very noticeable difference. Any ideas?
    I am guessing that it does not "tell" the treo it is a BT headset. I have put together a special build to see if this one picks up on the "car kit".

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Jeff, two questions:

1. I'm using an HBH-660. What settings have you found work well for you?
    2. Regarding v1.7: What does "alternate methods" do? how would I know whether I need it?
    I am using 5 incoming and 15 outgoing on my HBH660. Seems to work pretty well.

The alternate method manally performs the mute on outgoing calls. You will see the highlight ring move when this mode is enabled. I put this back in to help with some of the outgoing consistency problems. The trick on outgoing is that the caller must answer before doing the mute toggle. The movement helps people know when the toggle actually happened. Once you get the timing right, you can switch back to the other mode.

BTW: v1.8 is a little more friendly. It will not send out the mute commands if you terminate a phone call before the timeout.
    where do i get v1.8? i only see 1.9 listed above and 1.7 is at the beginning of the thread.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    where do i get v1.8? i only see 1.9 listed above and 1.7 is at the beginning of the thread.
    Good catch. Its up there now.
    Jeff-
    I'm using a Scala 500 and what's interesting to me is this: I have outgoing set at ~15 seconds. I selected alternate method and it works great. What's weird is that it mutes at 7-8 seconds (before anyone answers) but it works completely fine! Thoughts on that?
  11.    #71  
    Jeff-
    I'm using a Scala 500 and what's interesting to me is this: I have outgoing set at ~15 seconds. I selected alternate method and it works great. What's weird is that it mutes at 7-8 seconds (before anyone answers) but it works completely fine! Thoughts on that?
    Well the 7-8 seconds is the time displayed by the phone but the clock starts for BTmute when you hit the send button. It takes the phone application a long time to get up and running. Many people are comlaining about this right now.

The problem with outgoing calls is that there is no way for me to tell when the other person actually answers the call. I can only get notifications when the call is initiated. It is encouraging though that you have it increasing the volume before the call is answered.

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Jeff
    No problem...the program is a Godsend for a crappy PalmOne BT headset implementation.
  13.    #73  
    No problem...the program is a Godsend for a crappy PalmOne BT headset implementation.
    I am upset that I had to produce the program to begin with but I am glad that it is helping people enjoy their Treo's a little more until P1 fixes all of these issues!

I just can't believe that they released a product with so many high profile problems. I would much rahter be spending my time developing some really nice applications rather than producing hacks to make things "kind of" work.

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

Are you getting any reports of excessive battery drain when using BTmute? I ask because I recently noticed that, with the phone completely idle, my battery was dropping at a whopping 5% per hour. I'm still investigating the issue, but it looks like it *might* be related to BTmute. I'm running v1.3, which wasn't outdated a few days ago, but I now see is an old version. Gotta love the pace of technology! :-)

My last test involved removing BTmute and soft resetting, and the problem seems to have gone away (at least for the past hour).

Take a look at the following thread for more details:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?p=514224

Thanks!
    -Dan
    Jeff,

I'm reporting a potential problem with version 1.8. I had just loaded it on my Treo650, and enabled it. When I pressed the phone button, the Treo soft reset...and then went to a completely blank screen after the logo...this happened after a few soft resets...I then removed the battery (don't ask me why), put it back and got a soft reset to work..but the phone application no longer worked..pressing the green phone button did nothing. I then called my phone from another number...the phone rang twice, soft reset, and I ended up with a white screen again (Treo's version of the Windows Blue screen of death). A system restore did nothing. I was only able to get the phone to work again with a hard reset, and then used Backupman to restore my data prior to installing BTMute 1.8 (BTMute 1.5 works fine, by the way). Now, we all know these phones are buggy enough, that maybe BTMute 1.8 had nothing to do with this...but I wanted to report this to you and see what you thought.

Thanks for all the help you've given to the forum!....Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSam
    Jeff,

I'm reporting a potential problem with version 1.8. I had just loaded it on my Treo650, and enabled it. When I pressed the phone button, the Treo soft reset...and then went to a completely blank screen after the logo...this happened after a few soft resets...I then removed the battery (don't ask me why), put it back and got a soft reset to work..but the phone application no longer worked..pressing the green phone button did nothing. I then called my phone from another number...the phone rang twice, soft reset, and I ended up with a white screen again (Treo's version of the Windows Blue screen of death). A system restore did nothing. I was only able to get the phone to work again with a hard reset, and then used Backupman to restore my data prior to installing BTMute 1.8 (BTMute 1.5 works fine, by the way). Now, we all know these phones are buggy enough, that maybe BTMute 1.8 had nothing to do with this...but I wanted to report this to you and see what you thought.

Thanks for all the help you've given to the forum!....Sam
    Do you have Butler installed?
    No, I've never used Butler...Sam
    If it helps, the ##377 Error Message I got was "A crash occurred on 1/4/05 at 10:52 pm while running "Phone":

MemoryMgr.c,
    Line:3721,NULL handle
    Not sure if this has been reported or if it's related to BTMute, but this morning I had a call on speakerphone. When I tried to hang-up, I got a soft-reset. I'm using BTM 1.8
    In another thread there is a message about needing to do a hard reset if you attempted to "purge" your call log of messages older than a week. I had done this prior to the problem I described above...that may have been the cause of the malfunction (thank you, Palmone :-( rather than BTmute. Didn't know I was a beta tester for the Treo 650....Sam
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast