Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
  1.    #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCCISProf
    BUt what about everyone who has a "verizonized" sprint phone ? We can still use it.
    So this problem exists on the Verizon ported phones too? Stupid question right???

I am even happier if it still is providing value to people out there. If you still want me to add the features requested about I will be glad to do that. Just let me know.

Jeff
  2.    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetoad
    I for one am happy that I made the purchase. Thanks for the only solution that was presented to us (except for manually muting and unmuting our phones) prior to this update!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    Jeff I want to thank you for the use of BTmute, which would have been indispesable before the fix. I am a paying customer and happy to have purchased. For $5 people are complaining?!? I consider it rental useage and still a bargain at that.
    Thanks guys! I appreciate your support.

Jeff
    I am happy with my BTmute purchase also. Sheesh, what do the complainers want - the Bluetooth to not work so everyone would need to use Jeff's fix?

Thanks Jeff. Keep up the good work.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    So this problem exists on the Verizon ported phones too? Stupid question right???

I am even happier if it still is providing value to people out there. If you still want me to add the features requested about I will be glad to do that. Just let me know.

Jeff
    Well if it can be done without too much effort, then I am sure it will be usefull to many folks...

Thanks
  5.    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCCISProf
    Well if it can be done without too much effort, then I am sure it will be usefull to many folks...

Thanks
    No problem. I just need to reach a stability point with ScheduleCare PII and I will tackle this and a few other things that I have been putting off.

Jeff
    Jeff,

I noticed that you just released version 2.7. Did this version fix the issue with the DTMF?
  7.    #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgtakahashi
    Jeff,

I noticed that you just released version 2.7. Did this version fix the issue with the DTMF?
    Unfortunately no. This release was a maintenance release to allow BTmute to better integrate with my other products when they are installed on the same Treo.

I will be looking into a fix for this problem as soon as I get ProfileCare out the door next week. I learned a lot about the sound system while creating ProfileCare and VolumeCare that I can now leverage for BTmute and the DTMF issue.

Jeff
  8.    #208  
    Oh. And I also want to restate my committment to giving BTmute customers a discount on ProfileCare (aka ScheduleCare Phase II). Any BTmute customer that purchased prior to March 22, 2005, will get a $1.50 discount on the purchase of ProfileCare or the ProfileCare/ScheduleCare bundle. I plan on releasing this fantastic new application on or before May 4th. Watch for the announcement.

(To qualify for this discount, I will need to verify your purchase and the purchase date. I will also only be able to offer this discount via purchases through PayPal since my distribution vendors (Handango, PalmGear and Mytreo.net) can not handle special discount pricing models.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson

Jeff
    Yes, the problem exists on VZW phones. I notice an increase in volume while using the trial version of BTmute.

I (selfishly) wish BTmute was incorporated into VC. But then again, I'm not the one who spent time developing the code.
  10.    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by wwood_98
    Yes, the problem exists on VZW phones. I notice an increase in volume while using the trial version of BTmute.

I (selfishly) wish BTmute was incorporated into VC. But then again, I'm not the one who spent time developing the code.
    Thanks for the verificaiton that this solution is still valid for some ROM's! I'm not sure it is worth the time to integrate this solution into VC at this point. Each application addresses a specific need and each application is priced *very* low. If I integrated them, the cost would go up and people would be paying for solutions they may not want or need.

Thoughts?????

Jeff
    Jeff,
    I bought volumecare and btmute on Monday. VC is great but, BTmute has no effect on BT headset conversations - they say I sound like I am too far away from a speaker phone and I have to strain to hear the conversation. BTW, I have a Motorolla HS810.

Any sugestions you could provide would be great.

TIA
    BTmute fixed a bug in the Treo which kept the BT volume VERY low. You could raise the volume by tapping "mute" twice.

But since the Sprint firmware update (you should be at v1.12 - look at the "phone info" option found in the phone screen), BTmute is no longer needed. That's probably why it doesn't work for you.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Thanks for the info - the software level on my 650 says 1.03. The sprint device I have was modified to verizon last december. Any ideas where I would get the latest firmware?

Thanks
    Jeff,

Is there any plan to update this software to handle the Treo 700p? From what I've noticed, the Bluetooth headset volume is not very loud just like on the 650. I was hoping this software would help until I saw the "This application does not work on Treo 700Ps" on your web site.

Thanks!!
  15.    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugley
    Jeff,

Is there any plan to update this software to handle the Treo 700p? From what I've noticed, the Bluetooth headset volume is not very loud just like on the 650. I was hoping this software would help until I saw the "This application does not work on Treo 700Ps" on your web site.

Thanks!!
    I don't know if that is going to be possible. BTmute worked by leveraging a bug that was present in some ROM releases on the Treo 650's. This same bug is not present in any of the Treo 700p's.

Jeff
    can this app increase the BT headset mic volume, just like volumecare increase wired headset mic volume?
    I have been trying BTMute in my car (2004 BMW) which has a built in bluetooth system. I have a Treo 650 with the latest Verizon firmware. The phone definitely exhibits the low volume problem with the car bluetooth system and the volume increases if I toggle the mute button manufally during the call. I installed BTMute v2.7 and it seems to have no effect. It does not activate when I make a call even with the timing set to long times (i.e. >20 seconds), well after the call is answered on the other end. Also using the "Alternate method" doesn't work as the blue highlight never moves to the mute key.

Although the phone (speaker?) button changes to a headset icon on the button on the Treo when the phone connects with the car bluetooth system, BTMute never seems to figure out that bluetooth communication has initiated. This is true whether I initiate the call with the Treo or with the car (the car BT systems stores some phone numbers and you can initiate dialing with the car system).

Thanks for any insight you might have.
    Anyone know of any applications that work for the 700p to increase the bluetooth volume??

Thanks
    Jeff,

I've tried to get an answer to a perplexing problem through other threads. Sorry to be so persistant. I have VolumeCare basic and bypass purchased for my Treo 650. Bypass solved the problem of my headset jack problem but it only works for speakerphone, mic and earphone. When I use my bluetooth headset (which works the best of all for clarity of sound at both ends of the call) it doesn't work at all. Granted it diddn't work when my headset jack went out but it still doesnt work using bypass. I can sync my BT but the icon flashes for a split second and then disappears and cannot hear or speak on a call. Only when BT is disabled or the headset is turned off will bypass work. Please advise.

Thanks,

Felmer
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felmer View Post
    Jeff,

I've tried to get an answer to a perplexing problem through other threads. Sorry to be so persistant. I have VolumeCare basic and bypass purchased for my Treo 650. Bypass solved the problem of my headset jack problem but it only works for speakerphone, mic and earphone. When I use my bluetooth headset (which works the best of all for clarity of sound at both ends of the call) it doesn't work at all. Granted it diddn't work when my headset jack went out but it still doesnt work using bypass. I can sync my BT but the icon flashes for a split second and then disappears and cannot hear or speak on a call. Only when BT is disabled or the headset is turned off will bypass work. Please advise.

Thanks,

Felmer
    Well the Treo will not allow Bluetooth to be used when you have a wired headset plaugged in to the Treo. When the ehadset fails, it causes the Treo to think there is a headset plugged into the device - thus preventing a Bluetooth headset from being used for phone calls. VolumeCare Bypass attempts to restore the speaker and MIC operation of the Treo during phone calls by routing the audio away from the broken headset jack. VolumeCare does not change the Treo's perception of the headset jack status. So this means the Treo still thinks there is a wired headset plugged into the Treo.

There are many variations to the headset jack failure so needing to disable BT may very well be needed but I have not heard of this situation until now. I am happy to hear that you can once again use your Treo.

Jeff
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast