Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Jeff,
    This is what Geoff has to say about BTmute and TreoGuard:

Treolo,

This isn't really a TreoGuard bug. I'm guessing BTmute uses alarms to schedule some function it needs to perform. Since TreoGuard has disabled alarms, BTmute doesn't work. There's nothing I can do to fix this in TreoGuard. You might contact Jeff Gibson and ask if he could change how BTmute works so it isn't affected by this feature.

Geoff

Now, can we all get along?

Al
    I am very confused! I don't know how anyone can disable a basic operating system feature like alarms and assume that other applications should live by this. What does this feature do in TreoGuard? I can imagine that an application would do something like this. Alarms are the basis for application architecture in the palm.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I am very confused! I don't know how anyone can disable a basic operating system feature like alarms and assume that other applications should live by this. What does this feature do in TreoGuard? I can imagine that an application would do something like this. Alarms are the basis for application architecture in the palm.

Jeff

Jeff,
    If you are having an important conversation or you don't want to be bother by alamrs when you are having a conversation then you set this option: "No Alarms during phone calls" Anyway, what are you going to do about an alarm if you are talking to somebody.

Al
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Jeff,
    If you are having an important conversation or you don't want to be bother by alamrs when you are having a conversation then you set this option: "No Alarms during phone calls" Anyway, what are you going to do about an alarm if you are talking to somebody.

Al
    Well I'm not sure what to do here. I do plan to implement a no-alarms feature in ScheduleCare but have yet to build in that functionality. I would think that TreoGuard should have a configurable builtin "exception" list. I did this in ScreenCare - it's not that hard to do. From a developement standpoint, it is not really nice to stop everything.

From a BTmute standpoint, my hands are unfortunately tied. I need to use alarms because I must wait for the BT headset and the 650 to get connected. I can't just sit in a loop or the connection will never happen. I need to be woken up by the alarm.

Jeff
    Any progress on the low-res icon?

Al
    I tried BTMute earlier, but it always crashed, presumably because of the Get Network Time bug. So, I uninstalled it

Now I'd like to try it again, but it says my trial period has ended. Any way to get a new trial period?

Thanks
    Jeff, I sent you payment this morning for BTMute. Please send me a registered copy. Thanks.
  7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Jeff, I sent you payment this morning for BTMute. Please send me a registered copy. Thanks.
    Hey,

I appreciate the business! I have processed all of the orders that have come in today. Did you get your key yet? If not please send me your email address, HotSync ID and name to: cradlecare@wideopenwest.com and I will send your key ASAP.

Jeff
    Jeff

If this has been discussed please forgive me. I have noticed that on an outgoing call after BT Mute has done its thing and the voulumn has increased, if I have to enter an extension # for instance or touch any key, the voulumn increase is cancelled.

Any thoughts
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by sleibow
    Jeff

If this has been discussed please forgive me. I have noticed that on an outgoing call after BT Mute has done its thing and the voulumn has increased, if I have to enter an extension # for instance or touch any key, the voulumn increase is cancelled.

Any thoughts
    Yes this is a known limitation of the solution. Much has been discussed about this and I am looking for a workaround. There is also some additional discussion of this in this forum thread and also in the FAQ I put out with the latest version of BTmute.

Jeff
    Question:

I'm on a call using my HANDSET, and I switch to the HEADSET, does BTMute still work?

K
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    Question:

I'm on a call using my HANDSET, and I switch to the HEADSET, does BTMute still work?

K
    I will be making a new build that will do this. I thought it was already in the product but I was wrong. Easy fix but just need to find the time to add it and then take it though a QA process. Should take no longer than a week. Is that OK?

Jeff
    I will be making a new build that will do this. I thought it was already in the product but I was wrong. Easy fix but just need to find the time to add it and then take it though a QA process. Should take no longer than a week. Is that OK?

Jeff
    GREAT!...thanks!
    Just wanted to say this application really has helped with my hbh-660 so thank you! I sent payment last night as well.
    Cingular Blue
    Treo 650 (now unlocked)
    Firmware: 1.05
    Current Software: Treo650-1.04-CNB

Jeff
    Jeff??? You still around? What is the status of the re-build?

Thanks.

K

Jeff

Hi,

Any idea when this will be ready? Am anxiously awaiting the arrival of this latest version.

Thanks.
  16.    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCCISProf
    Hi,

Any idea when this will be ready? Am anxiously awaiting the arrival of this latest version.

Thanks.
    Well it looks like I may not have to code this solution after all because it is looking like P1/Sprint fixed this problem with the new ROM update. I have my fingers crossed that this is truely the case. I have seen several reports saying that their volume issues are fixed but until I try it for myself, I won't believe it.

But if this is true ----- YEA !!!!!!

Jeff
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    Jeff??? You still around? What is the status of the re-build?

Thanks.

K
    See the above post.

I would also like to go on record and say that I am sure that everyone (including myself) got value out of BTmute. I have seen some posts saying that they are now sorry that they spent $'s on this program. I have some mixed feelings about these posts. I understand people's thoughts but I also put some significant developement time into providing a solution that people benefitted from every time they used their BT headsets over the last 3 months. I also provided a 45 day trial period with the product in hopes that P1 would come out with a fix before people's trials ran out. So I did try to do the right thing from the beginning.

But having said that, I want to extend an offer to all registered users of BTmute. I will extend a "special" discount towards the purchase of ScheduleCare - Adanced or ScheduleCare - Premium when this product is available (2-3 weeks). I have not decided what the discount will be (remember you only paid $5 for it). In any case, I am running a business and want everyone to know that I want to be here for a long time. It is important to me that my customers feel that I am conducting business in a fair and reasonable manner.

Jeff
    Jeff I want to thank you for the use of BTmute, which would have been indispesable before the fix. I am a paying customer and happy to have purchased. For $5 people are complaining?!? I consider it rental useage and still a bargain at that.
    remember you only paid $5 for it
    I for one am happy that I made the purchase. Thanks for the only solution that was presented to us (except for manually muting and unmuting our phones) prior to this update!!!
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Well it looks like I may not have to code this solution after all because it is looking like P1/Sprint fixed this problem with the new ROM update. I have my fingers crossed that this is truely the case. I have seen several reports saying that their volume issues are fixed but until I try it for myself, I won't believe it.

But if this is true ----- YEA !!!!!!

Jeff
    BUt what about everyone who has a "verizonized" sprint phone ? We can still use it.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast