1.    #1  
    Starting a thread for people to post known soft reset issues and ways to fix them. Right now the issue is spread over lots of different threads and somebody having a reset issue would have a hard time isolating what might me causing it on their 650.

First one:

Problem: Treo resets every time you try to get into blazer.

Solution: Download FileZ and delte the Blazer cache and cookies files.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Phone resets on it's own everyday randomly. Today it reset a little differently. I lost my owner info and all my saved preferences for all my apps including the palm preferences. This is a real problem. I have no fix. I hope PalmOne does and soon.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Mine resets every time I check email with versamail. It gets as far as "Connecting to Mail Server" before dieing. I most recently installed Verichat, so I'm gonna try to remove that.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_vag
    Mine resets every time I check email with versamail. It gets as far as "Connecting to Mail Server" before dieing. I most recently installed Verichat, so I'm gonna try to remove that.
    Somebody in another thread posted a fix to the versamail reset using fileZ. could someone post which files needed to be deleted to fix this so that we have the fixes all in one thread.

Thanks
  5.    #5  
    Problem: Butler causing resets (to some but not all?)

Fix: None other than deleting Butler that I know of. Developer apparantly working on a fix per other threads.
  6.    #6  
    Problem: Versamail causes soft resets

Fix: Use FileZ to delete certain of the Versamail files. Search forum for specifics
  7.    #7  
    More and more people are reporting Butler as the problem in a lot of threads. I have read somewhere (cant seem to find it now) that someone said the developer was on it, but I would certainly like to confirm that. Anyone have any more Butler info or contact person who we should report problems to?
    Trying to open a picture in Documents to Go causes a soft reset everytime on my 650. Does anyone know how to make it stop?
    If I don't answer a call, Everthing freezes displaying the person and or the number calling with the options box to "answer" or "ingnore". I have to soft reset every time I don't answer a call. This gets old...
    ttt
    Mine resets the first time I sync via bluetooth after not syncing for a while...(maybe charging or turning phone on and off, stupid memorymgr might be corrupt, what do you guys think?

Thanks!

A
    BTW. the error Im getting is Memorymgr.c line :3740, free handle.

Thanks again!

A
    Those files to delete are:
    MMIDCache0 through 8
    MMNotify Send
    MultiMail Attachments
    MultiMail Disconnected
    MultiMail Messages

Basically any files with a creator asc3 or asc4 that is not in ROM. The creator is visible via 'details'.
    Doug
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I get a reset after every hotsync, and on failed Bluetooth hotsyncs (not in range).
    Any ideas? I haven't seen anything similar to this one through searches.
    I was getting resets under two conditions:

1. When hotsyncing and installing or backing up larger files. It was Butler 2.4. I have the beta of 2.51 or something and it works almost always now. Of course I can't turn off the keyguard or wake up the phone with the phone button anymore, so the Butler Beta is still a beta.

2. I had my calender setup to go to the today screen and it was resetting everytime I hit the calender button. I did the ##377 dial trick and it said at Versamail was causing the crash. I killed all the MM files with Filez and then it worked fine. No problems since but I had to rebuild Versamail.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Mine often freezes up when I try placing a call from my Acura TL. I'm using the car kit bluetooth patch. It works fine sometimes, but 3 out of the last 4 times I tried to make a call from the car the Treo completely froze.

Any suggestions?