1. Jea
    Should I upgrade??

Thanks!!
    Screen, bluetooth, replaceable battery, non volatile memory, keyboard, SD card faces the right way, menu button in better place...
  3. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    better screen resolution, bluetooth, less memory to have to worry about, more bugs to play with (assuming your 600 works fine), more accessories to buy since nothing you now have will work.........
    Cheers

Charles
    If you already own a Treo 600..... none
    I have detailed files.
    ...is that those who pay and keep the 650 are helping finance and test this beta attempt to make sure that PalmOne's NEXT device is finally a real upgrade to the Treo 600. The 600 is stable, the 650's nearly all new out of the gate, with bad memory issues, apparently some horrible sound quality, reset pin hidden inside of a tough-to-remove door, and some other issues that should have been easily avoided.

It's also somewhat a step in the right direction with 320x320, removable battery and bluetooth. For many people who early adopted on the 600 and have been through 5-10 replacement phones over the past year, we are sitting out the Treo 650 because it's basically a step backwards with the giant loss of memory combined with it's greater potential. Going through the warranty exchange process more than a few times tends to dampen "early adopter" enthusiasm. I gave the 650 a shot, and it crapped out at about 60% of what I have on my 600 - and I use a 1GB SD card too!

The number "650" would usually denote an improvement over the year-old 600, but P1 dropped the ball on this. Either wait on the next attempt by PalmOne, pickup a stable 600 at a fair price and give it a year, or buy the overhyped 650 and live with severe memory issues from nearly day 1, wondering how you could have dropped $600-650 on a beautiful but barely useful beta smartphone.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    non volatile memory.
    Just became a " GEEK" what is "non volatile memory" in regular people terms
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    ... a tough-to-remove door, and some other issues that should have been easily avoided.
    sure. i'd like my door to fall out when it pleases.

a "tough-to-remove door" is a great thing.
    "sometimes i cut myself to relieve the pain. tehehe." --Toot Braunstein-->drawn together
    Quote Originally Posted by michaand
    non volatile memory.
    Just became a " GEEK" what is "non volatile memory" in regular people terms
    Non Volatile Memory

Types of memory that retain their contents when power is turned off. ROM is nonvolatile, whereas RAM is volatile. This term often refers to the CMOS memory in PCs that holds the BIOS.
    "sometimes i cut myself to relieve the pain. tehehe." --Toot Braunstein-->drawn together
    So what is the difference b/t the 600 and 650 in this category. In onther words how does this affect me if I choose to change to 650??
    MIKEY
    Well don't even think about it yet or you will be quite frustrated. The 650 has a higher resolutopn screen and bluetooth which is good, but has horrible sound quality problems. There are strong indiications that Palm has a fix and released it to a chap who has now posted it on the web much to Plams disgust, this of course may be a fabrication but it appears to be a true catalogue of events. I would not buy the 650 until it is available with the fix pre-installed, which means waiting for a rom update.

Give the 650 to settle down, Plam to release a rom update and then buy one, you never know they may have released official wifi drivers by then.
    The last posy was very useful thanx for your time
    Mike
    "God Bless YOU Do The Rest"
    Mike Anderson
    http://michaand.ProBuilderPlus.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb
    .... nothing you now have will work.........
    This one really bugs me. It dramatically increases total system cost when they change application program and hardware interfaces. How many times has P1 done this? How many times have they promised that they had done it for the last time?