1.    #1  
    OK, it would seem most of you are "power users." I am not, I use mainly the phone features of the treo 650 with the calander appointments to keep me on time when I need to be somehwere. I really like the hands free capability of the 650, but I need to make it truely hands free for the truck. I have looked at everything from cup mounts to vent mounts, and I'm spinning in circles.

I guess I need something affordable for now, then I will upgrade down the road to a GPS application when I can afford it.

Anyone tried different mounts that can givce ins and outs of the quality and functionality of them? I would like charging/intigration into the vehicle like the make for regular nokias and such. I don't see much other than bluetooth in that respect for the 650. So, any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Gerry
    Moved.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller
    OK, it would seem most of you are "power users." I am not, I use mainly the phone features of the treo 650 with the calander appointments to keep me on time when I need to be somehwere. I really like the hands free capability of the 650, but I need to make it truely hands free for the truck. I have looked at everything from cup mounts to vent mounts, and I'm spinning in circles.

I guess I need something affordable for now, then I will upgrade down the road to a GPS application when I can afford it.

Anyone tried different mounts that can givce ins and outs of the quality and functionality of them? I would like charging/intigration into the vehicle like the make for regular nokias and such. I don't see much other than bluetooth in that respect for the 650. So, any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Gerry
    Pro Clip USA has , without doubt the best Car mount system for Treo's.

NOT CHEAP!!
    ditto that!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    For the actual mount to the vehicle, I use vehicle-specific brackets from gbxdirect.com. I have not liked the vent or suction mounts I've used. I started with a ProClip T600 mount attached to the GBX bracket but have moved to a Seidio 2100 attached to an iRock to broadcast to my stereo. Works well, but I still use the mic clipped to me rather than wiring a mic somewhere up above like I'd like to. Haven;t found anyting that sound good consistently good enough for business calls. The sound through the speakers is great, though. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    here is the mount that I am using. Don't look at the phone part. I'm waiting for the holder from pro clips to get here. I bought my Kuda holder off ebay for my Mazda 6. They have them for about every car. You can find a pic for your car here Kuda

http://www.kuda-phonebase.com/images/imagesb/084300.jpg
    Very nice!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone