1.    #1  
    I used to use a external yagi antenna in my office for my previous phone, does anyone know of or use one for the treo?
    An example is here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...738588313&rd=1
    I know the cdma treo is on 800/1900 mhz wonder if that antenna would work?
    I was hoping to get an answer on this too. I have been looking at this as a portable operation to take on road trips. I want to know what kind of adapter the Treo 650 uses? Any feedback would be apreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
    Radio Shack has a universal cell phone antenna and several adapters that can be plugged into popular models but, when I tried the external antenna port/jack on the back of my Treo 650 the adapter even though it appeared to be the right size it wouldn't insert but a few millimeters. I remember reading somewhere that you had to remove the internal antenna on some cell phones to use an external but can figure out how to remove the one on the 650. Has anyone had their antenna's off the 650?
    I do not have a Treo yet, but I have communications experience and use ext. antennas on my cell phones. Based on the designs of some of the car kits, I'd say that there will be an adapter available. probably not from Radio shack,but likely from a more professional supplier. I almost always use an external, car mounted, antenna to optimize my coverage when traveling. It will improve your signal almost anywhere. Perhaps less critical in an urban setting. I live in a rural area and actually use a bidirectional amplifier to really optimize my coverage.
    An antenna mounted on your home/office may also provide some benefit IF you keep the cable length short. Too long and you will lose all benefit through line loss.
    Mark Bergman
    A treo 600 antenna adapter is available from cellularantenna.com. It is supposed to also work with the Treo 650 but it doesn't!!! WTF!! It appears Palmone made the hole in the case just a bit smaller in diameter such that the adapter will not go in far enough to make a connection with the antenna connector on the 650 motherboard. arrrrgh!!! Anyone else found this to be true or was it just my 650?

I would recommend a panel antenna with 10 or more db of gain if you want a little boost indoors. To mount on the roof, get either a panel or yagi with 10 or more db gain. Of course, none of this is possible until you have a compatible antenna adapter for your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim650
    Radio Shack has a universal cell phone antenna and several adapters that can be plugged into popular models but, when I tried the external antenna port/jack on the back of my Treo 650 the adapter even though it appeared to be the right size it wouldn't insert but a few millimeters. I remember reading somewhere that you had to remove the internal antenna on some cell phones to use an external but can figure out how to remove the one on the 650. Has anyone had their antenna's off the 650?
    Try www.wilsonelectronics.com . They sell antennas that are Sprint compatible as well as the adapter for the Treo 600. I don't know about the 650. FYI the Wilson antennas are all over Ebay too.
    Last edited by Scottydon't; 12/28/2004 at 12:57 PM.