Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    tomorrow. I have used a PPC before and really liked it. I loved having an organizer and all my contacts and my emails that were synced from my computer evety time I I synced, not wirelessly. So, before I buy it my questions are:

is it worth it on verizon, even with how expensive the data option is? I will relistically only use it for emails checking and sending, and maybe occasional browsing. Would this warrant the 5mb package or would you just go with the pay per kb option?

Can the battery be replaced if it goes bad, or do y6ou replace the unit?

How is it as a phone?

Is it fairly resilient? (it will be carried in my pocket at all times)

Thanks in advance for the help regarding my decision.
    Last edited by ero2; 02/22/2005 at 10:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    also, one other quick question. So, I am thinking I will go with the pay as you go data package if I get the treo for the first month, do you pay .15cents a kb and pay for the minutes it is connected as well? Or if I do the pay as you go and don't check my email and what not till after 9, since I would have free nights and weekends with verizon, would it be free? I am having a hard time figuring out their data package, so if anyone could lend some assistance there as well, it would be mucho appreciated.
    I've got a Treo 600 on Verizon. I don't have a data plan, I just use normal minutes of use to browse, send mail, and receive mail. Nights and weekends are free unlimited minutes, and I always make sure to disconnect the data connection after browsing or email sessions by using the auto-disconnect feature of SnapperMail. The unlimited data plan is $44.99, but I can get an extra 1000 minutes of general purpose use for that price. That seems like a better deal to me.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    so to connect and send and recieve mail, it just uses your minutes, so after 9 it would be free correct? completely free to browse the web, check my email, do anything data wise? and during the day with no data package it would just take off of my minutes?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    i also use treo 600 on verizon using minutes. i have the 1200 min america choice (which gives me unlimited nites and weekends). my surfing after 9pm is free picking up email etc all free and during the day it takes off of my bucket of minutes. there is a link somewhere either here or at howardforums.com (do a google search) which shows u how to set up your treo on the express network which on verizon usually gets me 60-65kbs in chicago market (faster than dialup) i luv my treo