Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 635
  1. #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    So you will only be able to see it when in TAKEphONE,
    NOT during a call in the current calls screen...
    Correct. It is just visible when choosing which number to dial for a specific contact.
  2. #162  
    Shimon - One other question. My TAKEphONE 650 beta has expired. What is your expectation at this point - do I need to purchase it (is that even possible - I don't see a way to buy this version on your web site) or is there a way for me to extend my usage until the non-beta version releases?
  3. #163  
    You can buy the TAKEphONE 6.00, then upgrade over that the Beta...
  4. carrel's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by varoomba
    carrel - I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble with this. I didn't think I was that odd...

    Shimon - yes, TAKEphONE will show the text identifier, which is better than what the 650 does - if there's text in the number it completley blanks out the number and prevents you from dialing it. TAKEphONE shows the number and allows it to be dialed. That's great. Here's the remaining problem: when a call comes in from that phone number - the 650 caller id doesn't match it to the contact because the caller id = 555-555-5555, not "555-555-5555 Bob". The 600 somehow worked - it must have ignored the text. The 650 doesn't.

    So, we could hope for Palm to fix this (sometimes updates are not progress...) or something like TAKEphONE could fix the problem.

    The idea I had (and I think is echoed by carrel) is this: From within TAKEphONE, once you find a contact and choose it, you're taken to the contact's list of numbers. First column has the header "tap to edit". Second column has the header "tab to dial". Why not create a custom tag option that would show up in the first column - the "tap to edit" column. If a custom tag has been created, use it, otherwise just use the defaul Palm tag (ie Mobile). This column is your own column and it could be modified without really changing the actual contact record - except you have to put the tag somewhere so it can be pulled to this screen - that's where I was suggesting you use the last few lines of the notes section for the contact like DateBk5....

    Does this make any sense?

    See the attached mockup - it's rough but it might help.

    Of course, I do see a problem. A long tag would push the phone number. So I guess a tag would have a limited size or would wrap...
    Yep... this is exactly what I was thinking. And to answer Shimon's question, yes you would only see the new tags/labels when using TakePHone. All other apps would just see the default palm tags. For me, I would always use the palm "Other" tag for these so when I saw "Other" in any other app, I would know there was more info in TakePHone. But at least system routines like the caller-ID routine would then be able to match the incoming number to the right contact.

    Dave
  5. #165  
    Simon,

    Any chance of providing a menu option to alter the Security preference setting from TAKEphONE? I have a number of private records that I occasionally want to access and would like to be able to alter the security without exiting TAKEphONE.

    Thanks
    Ndugu
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndugu
    Simon,

    Any chance of providing a menu option to alter the Security preference setting from TAKEphONE? I have a number of private records that I occasionally want to access and would like to be able to alter the security without exiting TAKEphONE.

    Thanks
    Hi,

    Added to the todo list, but afraid this will have to wait till the next release...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  7. #167  
    Shimon,

    Have Dave & I managed to adequatley explain the custom tag idea? If you're unsure of the value, maybe you could e-mail your registered users and see if it's something they would like. I think it would be a valued feature for anyone with a 650.
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by varoomba
    Shimon,

    Have Dave & I managed to adequatley explain the custom tag idea? If you're unsure of the value, maybe you could e-mail your registered users and see if it's something they would like. I think it would be a valued feature for anyone with a 650.
    Hi,

    I understood.
    As I said - I am about to release first Treo 650 version within days, so this will probably only make it to the next step.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  9. #169  
    Please add the Delete address option in the drop down list while in one, Thanks
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    Please add the Delete address option in the drop down list while in one, Thanks
    Already there...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  11. #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

    I understood. I am about to release first Treo 650 version within days, so this will probably only make it to the next step.
    YOU ARE THE MAN. This will be AWESOME!

    Thanks!
  12. #172  
    Can any of your products let you add a new phone number being called to your 650 to an existing contact without cutting that phone number and adding it manually to the old contact?
  13.    #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by Johndw
    Can any of your products let you add a new phone number being called to your 650 to an existing contact without cutting that phone number and adding it manually to the old contact?
    Hi,

    Using the latest version at www.shsh.com/beta you can open an entry in the "Call-Log" (aka History) page, and from the "Details" screen. press "Save".
    Then press "Add to...", and you will be able to search for a contact to add the number to.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  14. #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Already there...
    Nope, it's not...
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    Nope, it's not...
    I meant it's on my todo list...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  16. dwman's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    #176  
    Just checked Shimon's page...looks like a final release version of TP for the 650 is up.

    www.shsh.com/products
  17. #177  
    Varoomba: Shimon - have Dave & I managed to adequatley explain the custom tag idea?

    TAKEphONE: I understood. I am about to release first Treo 650 version within days, so this will probably only make it to the next step.

    Varoomba: YOU ARE THE MAN. This will be AWESOME Thanks!
    Hi Shimon,

    Thanks again for all of your work on this. I went ahead and purchased the new 650 version. I was going to wait until the custom labels were up and running but I decided to support you now and to take advantage of all the other great things you have already incorporated into the software.

    At the same time, I will eagerly await the labeling functionality to be added to the current version!

    Thanks.
  18. #178  
    I notice the following note for build 061:
    "Emails: Handle email groups (email addressess separated by a ';' or ',')"

    This doesn't work for me in either 061 or 064. If I select a contact's email entry which contains two addresses separated by a semi-colon, instead of creating an email with those addresses, the phone attempts a network query (ie, as if I had dialed something like #225# for my current balance - except, of course, in this case it's a non-sensical inquiry).

    Unlocked GSM Treo 650
    Firmware: 01.21
    Software: Treo650-1.06/5050/0...
    Email app: SnapperMail
    Carrier: T-Mobile
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    I notice the following note for build 061:
    "Emails: Handle email groups (email addressess separated by a ';' or ',')"

    This doesn't work for me in either 061 or 064. If I select a contact's email entry which contains two addresses separated by a semi-colon, instead of creating an email with those addresses, the phone attempts a network query (ie, as if I had dialed something like #225# for my current balance - except, of course, in this case it's a non-sensical inquiry).

    Unlocked GSM Treo 650
    Firmware: 01.21
    Software: Treo650-1.06/5050/0...
    Email app: SnapperMail
    Carrier: T-Mobile
    Can you give me an example of an email group you tried ?

    Just to be clear - what I meant is something like:

    contact@shsh.com;webmaster@shsh.com
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  20. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Can you give me an example of an email group you tried ?

    Just to be clear - what I meant is something like:

    contact@shsh.com;webmaster@shsh.com
    They are in that format, but...

    I've just found the problem: if the two addresses are separated by a semicolon, there cannot be a space after the separator:
    xxx@yyy.com;zzz@mmm.com - works
    xxx@yyy.com; zzz@mmm.com - doesn't work

    If the separator used is a comma, spaces are ignored:
    xxx@yyy.com,zzz@mmm.com - works
    xxx@yyy.com, zzz@mmm.com - works
    xxx@yyy.com, zzz@mmm.com - works
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions