Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

Not sure I understand - why cant you edit them ? what happens ?
    Hi Shimon,
    Ok, in short memos there is no problem at all, TAKEphONE works as expected. But when I load a long memo, about 70-100 lines, and tap on the screen, the cursor appears exactly where I tapped and the "tap to edit" disappears as if it were ready to take input; however, when I hit a letter the Treo 700p beeps, the cursor shudders () and TAKEphONE won't take the character. If I tap "Open," THEN I can edit without a problem, but it seems that in TAKEphONE I'm running out of memory or something. I disabled TextPlus and Jot, but that didn't help. What do you think? It's not that big a deal really but I like the search function so much and it would save me from having to go back to TAKEphONE after editing long memos. Thanks.
  2.    #562  
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus
    Hi Shimon,
    Ok, in short memos there is no problem at all, TAKEphONE works as expected. But when I load a long memo, about 70-100 lines, and tap on the screen, the cursor appears exactly where I tapped and the "tap to edit" disappears as if it were ready to take input; however, when I hit a letter the Treo 700p beeps, the cursor shudders () and TAKEphONE won't take the character. If I tap "Open," THEN I can edit without a problem, but it seems that in TAKEphONE I'm running out of memory or something. I disabled TextPlus and Jot, but that didn't help. What do you think? It's not that big a deal really but I like the search function so much and it would save me from having to go back to TAKEphONE after editing long memos. Thanks.
    Hi,

Cant seem to b able to recreate this.

Anyone else ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Hmmmm. It could be on my side then, have you tested on a 700p or has anyone?

P.S.
    Put the question on the 700p Section
    Last edited by copernicus; 07/18/2006 at 09:01 AM.
    Shimon, I'm using Takephone (6.50 build 124) in conjunction with a Sprint Treo 700P. I'm noticing what I think is an issue with looking up phone numbers (for instance searching for certain numbers in the format of 222-222-2222) from within Takephone (I'm using Takephone almost like a "reverse look-up for numbers). As far as I can tell, the "match: within words" doesn't seem to be working correctly. Now Takephone will find the same number if I have "Match: words" selected, but that limits me in other ways.

As I look at this further, it actually seems to have something to do with the way Takephone interprets the "-" symbol. When using the "match: within words" it will not find a number that uses the "-" sign. However, when I use "Match: words" it will skip over the "-" sign so that the actual numbers will show up.

Takephone appears to only have trouble with certain numbers, so If you like, I can e-mail you a specific number and my takephone setup?

Just to try to make this complicated subject a bit more clear:

When "Match within words" is selected If I search (in Takephones "find" screen) using the terms "2223" it will not find the number "222-345-9922"

When "Match Words" is selected, If I search using the terms "2223" it will find the number "222-345-9922"
    Last edited by paulsjmail; 07/20/2006 at 03:28 PM.
  5.    #565  
    Will check...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Would this option be possible?
    Return to Takephone after all calls unless the screen was on, then return to what I was doing.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  7.    #567  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    Would this option be possible?
    Return to Takephone after all calls unless the screen was on, then return to what I was doing.
    Afraid this may confuse a lot of people (and not sure it can be done - I think the screen may turn on anyway at the end of a call)
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Hmmm, think i might have found a bug.

I was roaming today (and I am almost never roaming) but TAKEphONE kept saying "Sprint" on the top left. I thought it was supposed to say "Roaming". When I switched to the builtin phone app, it said roaming. Then I switched back to TAKEphONE and it still said "Sprint". I verified that I was truely roaming by trying to bring up a data connection.

This is on my new 700p so I don't know if this is a 700p issue or something that changed in a recent update.

Thanks

Dave
  9.    #569  
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel
    Hmmm, think i might have found a bug.

I was roaming today (and I am almost never roaming) but TAKEphONE kept saying "Sprint" on the top left. I thought it was supposed to say "Roaming". When I switched to the builtin phone app, it said roaming. Then I switched back to TAKEphONE and it still said "Sprint". I verified that I was truely roaming by trying to bring up a data connection.

This is on my new 700p so I don't know if this is a 700p issue or something that changed in a recent update.

Thanks

Dave
    Hi,

Do you happen to have 2day ?
    If so - can you tell me what it shows ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I do have 2day (latest beta) but I don't recall what it said and unfortunately I am back to my normal world where I never seem to roam. I will try to find a spot with no Sprint signal and test it out. (That's actually pretty hard in my area.)
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Shimon, I'm using Takephone 6.50 (122) with a Sprint Treo 700P. Now that my plan includes free roaming, I'm noticing that Takephone doesn't show the "R" roaming icon when I roam onto another carriers network. If I switch to the Treo's default dialpad, I can see the roaming icon. Is there anyway you can take a look at this? Thanks!
    Shimon, the "roaming" issue is something I mentioned over a month ago. It looks like Takephone doesn't show "roaming" when the Sprint 700P is roaming.
  12.    #572  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Shimon, the "roaming" issue is something I mentioned over a month ago. It looks like Takephone doesn't show "roaming" when the Sprint 700P is roaming.
    Hi,

Yes - I remember.
    Do you have 2day installed ?
    Can you try and see if 2day does show the roaming ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

Yes - I remember.
    Do you have 2day installed ?
    Can you try and see if 2day does show the roaming ?
    Shimon, I have 2Day installed, and it does accurately show "roaming" when the (sprint) treo 700P is roaming.
    carrel,

If you go into the regular Phone App and press Menu+R it will go into the Roaming Preferences menu... you can force your phone to only use Sprint, or to Roam, or to use both.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Oh nice. I didn't know that.

So if I force roaming, the builtin phone app shows "Roaming", TAKEphONE shows "Sprint" and 2day shows the "R" over the signal strength tower.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I've asked this before but it sure would be nice to have a menu shortcut to turn off the VM indicator. It's almost impossible to tap the indicator with my thumb or finger to turn it off without opening Bluetooth or TP profiles or whatever else is close by 10 times before I actually hit the VM indicator. Thanks.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    I've asked this before but it sure would be nice to have a menu shortcut to turn off the VM indicator. It's almost impossible to tap the indicator with my thumb or finger to turn it off without opening Bluetooth or TP profiles or whatever else is close by 10 times before I actually hit the VM indicator. Thanks.
    twitch,

Press the 5-way UP once and RIGHT once and then press the CENTER button.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    twitch,

Press the 5-way UP once and RIGHT once and then press the CENTER button.
    Thanks.
    Thanks.
    twitch,

Scratch that. I was giving you the actions to turn it off in 2day. Sorry. I thought there was a way to do it in TAKEphONE but I haven't found it yet.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    twitch,

Scratch that. I was giving you the actions to turn it off in 2day. Sorry. I thought there was a way to do it in TAKEphONE but I haven't found it yet.
    Scratched. Feature request re-re-requested......maybe if I say please.