Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Here's to hoping you can get call notes working sooner rather than later!
    Any word on call notes?

Thanks!
    Pete
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  2.    #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Any word on call notes?

Thanks!
    Pete

Sorry, not yet...

I understand there are several solution now, no ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Sorry, not yet...

I understand there are several solution now, no ?
    What I'm looking for is a pop-up note after a call where I can input notes that will appear in the contact's notes field. To the best of my knowledge there are only two apps that claim to be able to do this:

1) CallFilter, which runs reliably only on the Treo 600 and development of which appears to have been abandoned.
    2) LightWav, which has just added this feature, however I downloaded a trial and could not get the call notes to work. Plus call notes are really not central to what LightWav does. I'd prefer not to have to have all of its bulk in my Treo's RAM just for call notes (presuming they actually do work). Finally, the overall stability of LightWav is a matter of some debate on TreoCentral.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    What I'm looking for is a pop-up note after a call where I can input notes that will appear in the contact's notes field.
    I'd be interested in this also.

~~~ gottago ~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gottago
    I'd be interested in this also.

~~~ gottago ~~~
    As a long time TP user, I think this would be an excellent feature enhancement to an already awesome program.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Hi,

I will check with GA, but I suspect my answer will be the same...
    Don't bother looking; I found the the problem after troubleshooting a few things.

If you use the Graffiti 1 libraries with GA, then this problem with TakePhone occurs. When the G1 libraries are removed, the every-other-doubletap disappears.

Go fig.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
  7.    #347  
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    Don't bother looking; I found the the problem after troubleshooting a few things.

If you use the Graffiti 1 libraries with GA, then this problem with TakePhone occurs. When the G1 libraries are removed, the every-other-doubletap disappears.

Go fig.

-Warr
    Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst

Go fig.

-Warr
    I have GA turned off for TakePhone and dont see any problems. I use GA mostly with Datebk5.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    What is Takephone? Is it a replacement to the Palm Phone application?

-WC-
  10.    #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by WildCard

-WC-
    Hi,

More of an enhancement.

You can find out details - www.shsh.com/products

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Quote Originally Posted by WildCard

-WC-
    Hard to describe actually how much a difference it makes in phone function. Just reading the specs and looking at the web page I thought it was nice but I didnt think it was something that I would spend any money on. But, a free trial period, what the heck why not give it a try.

Well turns out that after trying it, I did not want to go back to living without it. Same with 2-Day btw.
    Shimon, it appears that version 88 is causing the phone to slow down response time immensely, so much so that most times I just have to reset. It doesn’t matter if I’m pressing the green/red button to turn on or operating within any application. I’ve deleted and reinstalled to no avail. (When I delete it, I no longer have the problem.) After I reset, it appears to immediately respond. However, as the day goes on, the slower it seems to get (until I do the next reset). Any thoughts? Thanx.

- B.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.loveisearned.com<O</O
    Instant Messenger:<O</O
    AOL: brilovett, MSN: blovett@chicagogsb.edu, Yahoo: bm_lovett
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  13.    #353  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilovett
    Shimon, it appears that version 88 is causing the phone to slow down response time immensely, so much so that most times I just have to reset. It doesnít matter if Iím pressing the green/red button to turn on or operating within any application. Iíve deleted and reinstalled to no avail. (When I delete it, I no longer have the problem.) After I reset, it appears to immediately respond. However, as the day goes on, the slower it seems to get (until I do the next reset). Any thoughts? Thanx.

- B.
    Hi,

Can you tell me what options you have in TAKEphONE's "PalmOne Treo" preferences page ?

Also - are you using ProfileCare ? VolumeCare ? anything like that ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Hi,

Can you tell me what options you have in TAKEphONE's "PalmOne Treo" preferences page ?

I deleted the application again, then soft reset, then downloaded the 88 version from your site again. Interestingly, the skin is now different and the slow down no longer appears to be occurring. So, please consider this closed.

- B.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    This is a link to another thread that contains a couple of green skins by Steve.

Steve's cool green TakePhone skins!!!

SMEGGIE
    I deleted the application again, then soft reset, then downloaded the 88 version from your site again. Interestingly, the skin is now different and the slow down no longer appears to be occurring. So, please consider this closed.

- B.
    Well, it appears it's been slowing down over the last few days since I reloaded it and it finally became unbearable again (forcing me to reset). And, yes, I am running VolumeCare v.4.30. Any thoughts? Thanx.

- B.
    Well, it appears it's been slowing down over the last few days since I reloaded it and it finally became unbearable again (forcing me to reset). And, yes, I am running VolumeCare v.4.30. Any thoughts? Thanx.

- B.
    Sorry - I forgot to add the preference settings under PalmOne Treo. All checked but Redial on busy. Tap & Hold = Edit. Do pauses. Fast DTMF. Voicemail - show indicator only. Return after Takephone calls. SMS to: pick from list.

- B.
    I have noticed slow downs recently too, since I switched from build 86 to 88. I don't know if its takephone or 2day, since I updated them at the same time. Still trying to figure out what is going on.

I just notice that I press the power button and it take longer... sometimes it seems like my phone is frozen for a few seconds while something is happening with the phone.
    Hi,

Shimon,

Lets talk about this. VolumeCare has never caused a slowdown but ProfileCare has caused them in the past. I personally think there is a deep seeded bug in the phone subsystem that is the true cause. I also know that they slowdown will ONLY happen if you are displaying a window that has a phone radio signal strength indicator. If during a slowdown, you switch to an application that does not have a signal strength indicator on it, the slowdown stops!! But it will return again if you switch back to an application showing the indicator again.

Jeff
  20.    #360  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Shimon,

Lets talk about this. VolumeCare has never caused a slowdown but ProfileCare has caused them in the past. I personally think there is a deep seeded bug in the phone subsystem that is the true cause. I also know that they slowdown will ONLY happen if you are displaying a window that has a phone radio signal strength indicator. If during a slowdown, you switch to an application that does not have a signal strength indicator on it, the slowdown stops!! But it will return again if you switch back to an application showing the indicator again.

Jeff
    Hi,

Yes - I remember this.
    Maybe we can try and validate that - anyone who has this slowdown, and willing to help check it out:

1. Validate Jeff's claim, that the slowdown stops when you are in any app that does not have the radio indicator.

2. When you do have this slowdown - DELETE TAKEphONE (and VolumeCare and ProfileCare), and see if this stops the slowdown.

Let us know...
    Shimon Shnitzer