1.    #1  
    1. Has anyone tried the compression module on PalmCommander? I wonder if it will work with the NVFS file system.

2. I willing to give it a shot and report. There's a different file to install based on what type of processor: ARM or not. Is the Treo 650's processor ARM-based?

3. On a side note, has anyone tried the backup features of PalmCommander?

4. FYI, this program also allows custom app launching from the hard buttons.
    Anxiously awaiting your report about compression
    I use the backup of Palm Commander on my 600. It works great. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for my VC 650.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    1. Has anyone tried the compression module on PalmCommander? I wonder if it will work with the NVFS file system.

2. I willing to give it a shot and report. There's a different file to install based on what type of processor: ARM or not. Is the Treo 650's processor ARM-based?

3. On a side note, has anyone tried the backup features of PalmCommander?

4. FYI, this program also allows custom app launching from the hard buttons.

OK, after playing around with PalmCommander:

1. Compression works well with some programs, like pTunes and Documents (the module of DTG that stays in internal memory even after Tech Tool moves the rest of it to SD). I gained about 600kb from those programs alone (about 40-50% memory savings). Decompression when app is launched is a bit of extra time, but not very inconvenient for programs not used all the time. I was also able to compress Launcher X and Agendus, but because I use these programs often, waiting for decompression was not desirable. Also, Agendus is a large file and takes longer to decompress. DO NOT try to compress Voice Dial--leads to a soft-reset loop, which can only be fixed with hard reset.

2. Use the file for non-ARM processors.

3. Backup does not work.

4. Button launcher works for 1st 3 buttons (even the phone button) pretty well.

I'm on the fence about keeping this program. Don't think 700kb is worth $15. If backup worked, this would be a no-brainer. Since the button launcher works, that makes it a harder decision.
    You can buy the button launcher alone for $7.00. I hope LexanSoft updates the backup program for the 650.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.