1.    #1  
    How do you like it? In particular:

1. What do you think of the quality? The pictures make the cutouts appear a bit sloppy...

2. How is it using the 5-way nav and other buttons through the skin?

3. Has anyone tried using it with a Covertec pouch? Will it fit?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    How do you like it? In particular:

1. What do you think of the quality? The pictures make the cutouts appear a bit sloppy...

2. How is it using the 5-way nav and other buttons through the skin?

3. Has anyone tried using it with a Covertec pouch? Will it fit?

I just ordered one so I will let you know as soon as it arrives and I have had a chance to play with it. Looks nice, but I have the same concern with the 5-way.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Just checked the tracking and I should be receiving my TC Skin case on Monday. I will be sure to post my findings.
    Mine was just delivered and is sitting at my house while I'm stuck at the office. Hopefully I can sneak out early today.
    Just got home and ripped opened the package from TreoCentral. In there is a shrink wrapped package of silicone case for 650, no instruction nor any fancy packaging to illustrate how to put the case on.

The case was somewhat awkward to put on. You have to stretch the top portion of the case to loop the case over the antenna. Once its on, it attaches to 650 like a rubber glove. The fit is pretty good and all the holes match up pretty nicely. The cuts around the screen and antenna are pretty sloppy however. I had to take a scissor and carefully clean out along the cuts to remove the residuals.

No problem using the buttons, all felt natural and pretty responsive.

The case comes with a hand strap and lanyard, but there is no place to hook them up. I thought about attaching a handstrap to stylus opening, but it will definately rip that part open or at least stretch it enough to render the case unsightful.

With the case on, I found myself struggling to put it in my jean pocket because of its silicone property. When I tried to pull out, it almost pulled my pocket inside out. But I guess it's ok because it make the unit that much difficult to fall off accidentally.

In overall, I'm marginally satisfied with the case. Had I had an opportunity to see the case in person, I'm not sure if I would have bought it. Then again there aren't that many choice out there that I probably would have bought it.
    Last edited by bestoverall; 12/30/2004 at 10:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I'm waiting for the smoke model which delivers on the 7th of jan. I thought about getting the boxwave flexiskin but didn't like the colors nor the fact that there is a belt clip attachment that even if you don't want it on, leaves a raised area plus a hole. Was hoping I could fit it in a seidio holster for transporting but the holster is a snug fit without a case on it. Seidio is looking into the matter since I'm not the only person that feels this way about having the treo unprotected outside the holster.
    I have the Flexiskin, and it's actually pretty good.

The belt clip ads very little, and if it really bothers you, cut it out.
    Check out my comments on this other thread about the Flexiskin case from Boxwave- I've got pictures people should see before purchasing: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=67037
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Guys, do tell about any usability-- the anecdote about pulling the pockets inside out was interesting, and I guess the big issue for me will be whether the 650 can rest in a cradle with the skin on.

I just want to protect it from drops first and foremost--
    One thing to consider - wouldn't you have to remove the case entirely to do a soft reset?
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    I have the skin case for my 600. It works well for what it is... If you wear pants that fit it is hard to get it in and out of your pocket. Sometimes when typing you will end up pressing two buttons at once instead of just one and in low light you cant see what buttons are what to begin typing, that is if you are like me and cant touch type until you have at least identified the keys you are starting on by sight. There is no way to get the treo in a cradle with the case. Soft resets on the 600 are fine through the hole, but I understand the 650 you have to take the batter cover off.

I have found myself using the skin when I know Ill be out and about and active like when I am biking or rollerblading, but not when dressed up in clothes that fit when I want my treo to be more discreet.

-I
    -Ian
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    One thing to consider - wouldn't you have to remove the case entirely to do a soft reset?
    Yes, if your Treo freezes. If you want to initiate a soft reset, there is a freeware app called "Soft Reset" that will allow you do this from the Palm.
    yeah but you can't use any app when it freezes & the only way to reset is at hole!!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    yeah but you can't use any app when it freezes & the only way to reset is at hole!!
    Yes that is true, but if your Treo is reasonably stable, those times should be extremely rare.

I think I've gotten freezes when trying "alpha" software, but usually it is just some exception that reboots the Treo, rather than freezing it entirely.

I dropped my baby again tonight at the gym, and I'm gonna have to pull the trigger on one of these-- just don't want to bang it up!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Okay-- SPOKE TOO SOON--- tried to wake The Precioussss up to make a call and he didn't want to get up...had to poke him in the back to get him to turn on--
    DOH
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Received my T650 skin this week and would have to say that for $20 the case does a good job. As said before the cuts in the rubber are a little bit messy, but all in all I like it. I can set it down on the table or in the car and I have no worries. You cannot put it in your jeans back pocket though (fronts are ok).