Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Shimon,

Any plans to add hi-res graphics to your apps?

-Brian
  2.    #2  
    bumpety bump bump
    Sorry - wasnt pating attention...

Yes - I do plan on adding hi-res:

At first stage this will be done via the skins mechanism (buttons for TAKEphONE, background for 2day).

I will probably NOT allow smaller fonts / buttons (not in the near future) - since my whole idea was to allow using this stuff "on the run", and looking at small fonts while driving is a bit risky...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Please Shimon, I need Hi-res. I've been spoiled... cannot turn back now
    I beseech you or anybody else with skills to create skins.
    Function fits form
    Agree with the above post. The new screen on the 650 is a hallmark enhancement. Restricting all users to large fonts seems limiting. If the feature were added it would allow 3-4x the number of favorites to be displaed, 2-3x the call log to be displayed, etc on any given screen. Much of my TP use is not necessarily while driving and I would enjoy this option. In addition, if users could customize each screen, then they could enjoy TP with hi-res font/icon support exactly the way they like it... but only if the feature is added! Keep up the great work as TP is an outstanding app!
    ExtraordinaryJoe has some posted here. do a search
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I don't have a 650 yet so can't check this myself.....let me know how it looks.

-Joe
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    ExtraordinaryJoe has some posted here. do a search
    The others I posted are actually low-res, but I'm told they look pretty good anyway. That last one might look better though.

Thanks,
    Joe
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    The others I posted are actually low-res, but I'm told they look pretty good anyway. That last one might look better though.

Thanks,
    Joe
    They were? fooled me.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    Agree with the above post. The new screen on the 650 is a hallmark enhancement. Restricting all users to large fonts seems limiting. If the feature were added it would allow 3-4x the number of favorites to be displaed, 2-3x the call log to be displayed, etc on any given screen. Much of my TP use is not necessarily while driving and I would enjoy this option. In addition, if users could customize each screen, then they could enjoy TP with hi-res font/icon support exactly the way they like it... but only if the feature is added! Keep up the great work as TP is an outstanding app!
    Hi,

Well - at first stage there will be hi-res support for icons & skins.

Afraid Hi-res fonts will only be added AFTER I make the first RELEASE of 6.50 (too much work on other important features and issues with the Treo 650)
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Joe I think the new HR Skin looks great on my treo650.
    I was hopping you could do a two-tone one, like the built in blue/gray skin but with the new blueice-HR with silver on the "OK-CLR-*-#" Keys.
    Last thing is if the Tab behind the Find on the first screen could be just white I think it would look clean.

Thanks
    Last edited by Port-Steve; 01/09/2005 at 02:41 PM.
    any new Hi Res skins?
    this is not an accident, this is art.
    how does one go about making a skin for takephone... I'd love to just snatch the bitmaps from the built it keypad. I think they are sharp. And since being forced to switch from LauncherX to zLauncher I have really decided I want my treo to look and feel basically the same in all apps. Knowhatimean??? what I'd like is a 'no-skin'
    Quote Originally Posted by mattTarr
    how does one go about making a skin for takephone... I'd love to just snatch the bitmaps from the built it keypad. I think they are sharp. And since being forced to switch from LauncherX to zLauncher I have really decided I want my treo to look and feel basically the same in all apps. Knowhatimean??? what I'd like is a 'no-skin'
    Hi,

Send me a bitmap, and I will try to make a skin out of it.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    plus 1 : I "applied" the look to Takephone in this PNG file...
    if you are really serious I can send you the PSD file.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mattTarr
    plus 1 : I "applied" the look to Takephone in this PNG file...
    if you are really serious I can send you the PSD file.
    That looks great...has anyone made a skin of that png yet?
    oh man does that look nice!!!
    — Ed Howdershelt
    in case your worried about © issues

though I must admit I like their buttons better... but I like the blue side bar on this one

[edit] fixed up the buttons a bit
    [edit] 003 the best for mimicking p1's look
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mattTarr; 01/22/2005 at 09:00 PM.
    I like it alot...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Matt the buttons look great. I'd like to see one from number 1 too. Too bad the numbers arent like in your examples. Good work though.
    — Ed Howdershelt
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast