Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am really confused... first we gripe and grip about getting hiRes... then we do and we gripe and gripe that it ain't perfect AND backward compatible... I spent a bunch of time to create the sample skin (and a few others) for this version... but I did it because I wanted to... that hasn't changed... and ANY changes or improvements to the handling of SKINS are welcome and part of the growth of a product. And as soon as the new skin structure is settled I will rework my skin(s) and get started making more... BECAUSE IT IS FUN... I ain't getting paid either...

btw, ThanksTakePhone for a great product and for all your efforts.

in the meantime, this is my last skin that works fine with the latest TakePhone... though I imagine it may NOT work once the next version comes out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    this is not an accident, this is art.
    on another note... (perhaps this is the wrong place)...
    features I'd liek to see:
    - option to NOT display tabs. I prefer to navigate them via the 'phone' btn. and could use the screen realestate.

- is there any way that a 'stub' could be created so that TakePhone could actually BE the default dialer... so that even when I need to ANY time my phone switches me the the dialer I am actually seeing TakePhone?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattTarr
    - option to NOT display tabs. I prefer to navigate them via the 'phone' btn. and could use the screen realestate.

- is there any way that a 'stub' could be created so that TakePhone could actually BE the default dialer... so that even when I need to ANY time my phone switches me the the dialer I am actually seeing TakePhone?
    Fantastic idea!!!
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I am really confused... first we gripe and grip about getting hiRes... then we do and we gripe and gripe that it ain't perfect AND backward compatible... I spent a bunch of time to create the sample skin (and a few others) for this version... but I did it because I wanted to... that hasn't changed... and ANY changes or improvements to the handling of SKINS are welcome and part of the growth of a product. And as soon as the new skin structure is settled I will rework my skin(s) and get started making more... BECAUSE IT IS FUN... I ain't getting paid either...

btw, ThanksTakePhone for a great product and for all your efforts.

in the meantime, this is my last skin that works fine with the latest TakePhone... though I imagine it may NOT work once the next version comes out.
    Chalk it up to frustration. I too did this for fun, but having to immediately redo one's work is not what I consider fun. Shimon has graciously offered to fix them for me, but he already does enough. I wouldn't bother if I didn't like the app in the first place and do appreciate his efforts. I will fix and release them once I am convinced it won't be changing again anytime soon.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

I am truely sorry. I do appreciate your work emmensly.

Let's try to assess the damage - how do you create those skins ?
    Are you using PRCEdit ? or the "kit" I have ?
    Either way - please send me (contact@shsh.com) all those skins, and I will fix them.
    My guess is the change will be minimal.
    Shimon, I meant no offense. I appreciate your offer, but prefer to do it myself....you do enough. I am still going to wait awhile in case you need to change it again.

What kit? Where can I check that out?

Thanks,
    Joe
    - Albert Einstein
    Hi all,

Just posted a TAKEphONE fix for the skins backward compatibility issue at www.shsh.com/beta (version 6.50 (b026)).

This build should show all PAST (low-res) skins as meant to be.

Regarding newer high-res skins - I had to change the resource ID for the three bitmaps used to show the favourites view, so they will probably show the default (low-res) buttons now. To fix this - those skins should be fixed by changing the resource ID (currently 1007, 1008, 1009) to 1010,1011,1012.
    Anyone reluctant (or unable) to spend the effort/time - email me your skins, and I will fix them.

Or - you can download the skins creation kit at www.shsh.com/beta (there are low-res & high-res versions), which is just a bunch of bitmap (BMP) files to ompose the kit (you can change those), and a BAT file to run to create the kit out of the bitmap files.

As always - any comment/question/coplaint - contact@shsh.com or here...

Thanks, and SORRY !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi all,

Just posted a TAKEphONE fix for the skins backward compatibility issue at www.shsh.com/beta (version 6.50 (b026)).

This build should show all PAST (low-res) skins as meant to be.

Regarding newer high-res skins - I had to change the resource ID for the three bitmaps used to show the favourites view, so they will probably show the default (low-res) buttons now. To fix this - those skins should be fixed by changing the resource ID (currently 1007, 1008, 1009) to 1010,1011,1012.
    Anyone reluctant (or unable) to spend the effort/time - email me your skins, and I will fix them.

Or - you can download the skins creation kit at www.shsh.com/beta (there are low-res & high-res versions), which is just a bunch of bitmap (BMP) files to ompose the kit (you can change those), and a BAT file to run to create the kit out of the bitmap files.

As always - any comment/question/coplaint - contact@shsh.com or here...

Thanks, and SORRY !

Shimon,

Please accept my apology. You are a stand-up guy. Thanks again for all your efforts.

-Joe
    - Albert Einstein
    EOJ, so did it (hopefully) change your mind about posting those Hi Res skins ???
    Pleeeeaaaaaaase
    Here is a Skin I made Thanks to MattTarr's Side Bar. It has a Blue Glass TwoTone Look. And thanks Simon for the TakePhone Skin Maker.
    Thanks for the nice skins everyone. Is there a way to change the background color of selected items? For example selected text in the find form is yellowish green and a selected button (i.e., FAV.) is orange. I would like to change these to something a little more pleasing. For buttons just an outline of the selected button would be nice.

Shimon any possibility of this?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    another "skin" request would be bgcolor. I guess this would be most easily done via a BMP... perhaps just create a 320x320 bmp to use as the BG.

also in the call log screen... what about just color coding the IN vs OUT instead of using a non-customizable ICON.

FONT color. I realize that moving to bitmap text isn't really feasable, but is we could choose the color that would be a good step in the right direction.

and of course smaller fonts ;o)

p.s. here's my latest skin. Very similar to my previous one's just some minor tweaks.
    MattTarr

What about the one that I asked you for, the Palm look one with the side bar also using the Palm look, any possibility??
    thanks again for your hard work (and sharing...)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Shimon,

Please accept my apology. You are a stand-up guy. Thanks again for all your efforts.

-Joe
    No appology required.
    I thank you for your work on skins.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Hi all,

To reply on all those skin requests - I will try to add as many of these, but only after I am done with initially releasing this beta.

Hope you understand...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    mattTarr I hope you dont mide me copying your side bar in myversion of your skin, if you do just let me know and I wont do it any more.

Here is a updated skin
    A big favor of all you guys posting skins. Could you please possibly post a screenshot and the pdb file. It wouldbe great to know whether I want to add then before I do. Thanks for the great skins so far.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    if my beta 650 25 is working properly should i still download the 26 beta and also do i have to delete the 25 ist thank in advance for your answers!
    joel
    Quote Originally Posted by specbz
    if my beta 650 25 is working properly should i still download the 26 beta and also do i have to delete the 25 ist thank in advance for your answers!
    joel
    Yes - if you plan on using any of the new hi-res skins.

You can install over existing version.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Mahootzki... I'll work on it this evening...
    It ain't gonna be perfect because the PALM-LOOK requires bitmap text. Whereas TakePhone uses actual text. But I'll work it up tonight (if the kids let me ;o)
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast