1.    #1  
    You know, usually everyone complains about the battery. But I have to compliment the design of the 650 power train. I actually purchased another battery. I am on my first trip with the 650, and am on my second battery on my power book, yet my 650 is running about 40% and I have been using it all day.

I can say I am fairly pleased with the battery/power design of this unit.
    I've only gone through a full battery once and I was more or less trying to do it (just so I could switch out the battery. I'd been waiting such a long time to do that thanks to HS's inability to put swappable batteries in their devices).
    The battery life is good, unless you spend a lot of time out-of-network with the phone on. Coverage inside the building where I work is non-existant and my battery will go down to less than 50% from a full charge (with no real usage on my part) in the course of 8 hours if I forget to turn it off.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I've only gone through a full battery once and I was more or less trying to do it (just so I could switch out the battery. I'd been waiting such a long time to do that thanks to HS's inability to put swappable batteries in their devices).
    You swapped the battery with another, fully charged battery? How did you charge the spare? (I'm waiting for that $$@#$& cradle to come out already).
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    The battery life is good, unless you spend a lot of time out-of-network with the phone on. Coverage inside the building where I work is non-existant and my battery will go down to less than 50% from a full charge (with no real usage on my part) in the course of 8 hours if I forget to turn it off.

The updated TreoHelper really shines in these situations. It turns off the phone when I'm underground on the subway, and checks for signal at regular intervals, automatically.
    skfny,
    you got a link for that program?
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    There is definitely a noticeable improvement in the 650 battery power management, which has the same capacity battery as the 600.
    Treohelper has helped alot with the battery issue. Turning the phone off in parts of my works building where there is no signal saves much of the juice. I have really noticed over the last week that little app by silverado "kb lights" turns off the keyboard backlight saves much juice too.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    I would guess that the NVFS is the biggest reason for the increased battery life. I could be wrong, but there is no need to keep power going to the ram like our old treos and other pdas.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    You swapped the battery with another, fully charged battery? How did you charge the spare? (I'm waiting for that $$@#$& cradle to come out already).
    One day at work I charged one, and then put in the other and charged it. The second battery just sat around waiting for me. :-) I'm waiting on the cradle as well!
    Why in the world is it taking so long for the cradle to appear. I mean, how advanced a device is that, anyway? I just like having a fully charged batter sitting in the cradle at all times so I never have to worry about "charging the phone" That is how I ran my i5, battery low, swap out with a fresh. I think it prolongs batt life as well to be using both batts equally as well.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650