1.    #1  
    Anyone have experience with either database?

I want to create a relational database for my husband's patients/surgical procedures at the hospital. I know there is also shareware utilizing these database programs that can do this. Are any worth paying for?
    ------Thanks---------------
    I have used (and registered) both of these in the last year and have settled on ThinkDB as the better of the two for a couple of reasons. First, while they are both quite easy to use, ThinkDB has the added benefit of designing a more useful form for each database and allows quite a bit of choice in how it looks. Second, and more importantly, ThinkDB comes with a PC-based program that allows you to use and edit your databases on the PC and also allows you to import/export data to and from Access. I think it is a real bargain for the $20 I paid for it. I am in the process of changing my HandDBase files over to Think DB. Hope that helps.
    Barbara,

I agree with scott.

I've found ThinkDB to be an incredibly powerful data base. In fact, I keep wondering how Armondo (the author) manages to cram all the functionality he does into such a (relatively) small program.

The ability to definite and use the filters (on the fly) is what makes the program very useful. Of course, the desktop program is great, we pull in a lot of data from Access data bases that we use on our Visors.

-- Michael
  4. mg
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I agree, the forms feature makes data entry in ThinkDB a lot easier than in HanDBase. However, could other users comment if it is possible to enter more than one item in each field (eg. a list of medications or a set of lab results). I can do this on HanDBase but have not been able to do so in ThinkDB.
    For those of us who have to produce apps for less than tech savvy, does ThinkDB include an OCX control or a command line converter (two way)?