Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    A question: How "grippy" is the material of the flexiskin? I generally keep my phone in my pocket. Will the skin make it cling to the inside of the pocket, or will it slide out as easily as before?

Thanks,
    I'm wondering the same thing as I am a pocket carrier. Anyone? Anyone at all???
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    A question: How "grippy" is the material of the flexiskin? I generally keep my phone in my pocket. Will the skin make it cling to the inside of the pocket, or will it slide out as easily as before?
    meyerweb, techlove and all,

Due to the resilient and rubbery texture of the FlexiSkin, you shouldn't encounter the problem of it easily falling out anywhere. The FlexiSkin will help your handheld stay securely put in your pocket and so far, we have not had any complaints of this issue.

Hope this helps address your concern!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM us!

Cheers!

Sung
    Boxwave,

Thanks for communicating with us here on this forum. This type of interaction can only lead to better and more highly-refined products. I have a question about currently available model of flexiskin for treo 650... Will the forthcoming locking clip and its attachment post fit the current case?

Thanks,
    tbhausen
    Note to flexiskin for treo 650 (belt clip version) owners:

I have ordered the current version. If the durability of the nylon post proves to be a problem, I have a possible solution. I work with a machine shop that has screw machines. Once I get my case and ID the thread, I'm going to look at doing a replacement post in aluminum. I could also investigate making posts for a different/superior clip with locking option. This should be pretty inexpensive. Thoughts?

Todd/Indy
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    Boxwave,

Thanks for communicating with us here on this forum. This type of interaction can only lead to better and more highly-refined products. I have a question about currently available model of flexiskin for treo 650... Will the forthcoming locking clip and its attachment post fit the current case?

Thanks,
    tbhausen
    Tbhausen and all,

We are happy to be of help!

Our newest line of Treo 650 locking clip FlexiSkins, which will be available in about 2 to 3 weeks does fit the current case.

Hope this helps!

Please feel free to contact us through PM with additional questions or concerns!

Cheers!

Sung
    Sung,

That means I can order just the hardware for the locking clip, and swap it onto the Flexiskin I ordered yesterday?

Thanks,
    Todd
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    Sung,

That means I can order just the hardware for the locking clip, and swap it onto the Flexiskin I ordered yesterday?

Thanks,
    Todd
    Tbhausen and all,

You are correct! You can you use the locking clip on your previously ordered FlexiSkin.

Please PM me with additional questions or concerns!

Cheers!

Sung
    Excellent! I'm sure I'll order the new hardware when available, and also a clipless Flexiskin, so I'll have all situations covered. Thank you, Sung.

Todd
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    I just ripped my case and am very upset. Because this friggin 650 needs to be manually reset sometimes i have to remove the rubber case. In doing so this time i ripped it in the right hand corner.

SUng can you help me on this one? I cannot say that is is poor manufacture by Boxwave. But the corner is a stress riser and that is where it started teh rip.

SUng,,, what are my options?? Thanks

thanks
    Dear Sung & Cho,

I received my new Flexiskin just a few days ago (along with aClearTouch protector and headphones - order #4719052 2/2/05). It was a great fit and feel - to all you inquiring about such, it fits in my front pocket of my jeans, comes out easily enough, feels great in the hand, looks good (frosted clear skin) and no problem accessing the 5-way or hard buttons. Cutouts were just fine... was one happy camper.

But, I had to access the battery compartment, and despite what I felt to be a reasonable careful attempt at removal, the Flexiskin ripped in the front corner just below the antenna cutout.

Sung, Cho, Boxwave - can you do anything for us? Seems as if you are certainly concerned and involved in your customer relations ...

It was great before it ripped (well, actually I ripped it)

doctorharrison
    Damn, I just ordered a Green Flexiskin and a screen protector. I hope they really don't rip so easily. Is this a systemic problem?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Damn, I just ordered a Green Flexiskin and a screen protector. I hope they really don't rip so easily. Is this a systemic problem?

MacUser,

I don't think so - I think you'll be quite happy with the Flexiskin. Just take our experiences and be careful.

Sung/Cho, can you help Faisal and me in any way? Great opportunity for building a reputaton for outstanding customer support...

doctorharrison
    Thanks for the warning. I'll be very careful with mine.

Todd/Indy
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorharrison
    MacUser,

I don't think so - I think you'll be quite happy with the Flexiskin. Just take our experiences and be careful.

Sung/Cho, can you help Faisal and me in any way? Great opportunity for building a reputaton for outstanding customer support...

doctorharrison
    Hey Doc, THanks for thinking of me. I echo your question. I must say that SUng is very helpful.

I ripped my unit also in the corner but its the other side of the case not the antenna side.

THe Flexskin is probobly one of the best ones out there, but we have to real real careful and slow when removing the unit. The stresspoints seem to be the corners. I would radius them out more or increase the thickness of the flexskin in that area.

In the mean time lets see if we can get a one time replacement. Mine ripped about three or two weeks into it.
    Mine ripped about three or two weeks into it.
    Eek!
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Hey Doc, THanks for thinking of me. I echo your question. I must say that SUng is very helpful.

I ripped my unit also in the corner but its the other side of the case not the antenna side.

THe Flexskin is probobly one of the best ones out there, but we have to real real careful and slow when removing the unit. The stresspoints seem to be the corners. I would radius them out more or increase the thickness of the flexskin in that area.

In the mean time lets see if we can get a one time replacement. Mine ripped about three or two weeks into it.
    doctorharrison and faisal,

Please check your PM regarding this issue.

Cheers,
    Cho
    Just got one of these today (frosted clear). Nice-looking product... I don't have a 650 to test it, though. I'll guarantee you the tooling to mold these isn't simple or cheap. I can see why they cost what they do. The cutouts are quite precise--nothing like what showed up on the 600 FlexiSkin earlier in this thread. The only nit I have with this (very minor) is that the part of the case that covers the area between the keyboard and the screen is flat on the inside of the case. It has molded-in details that mimic the buttons' shapes on the outside, but no corresponding depressions to accept the buttons on the inside. I suspect, however, that this was a conscious decision to help the "feel" of the buttons. I know Boxwave has the tooling capability to make that sort of depression from the inside, because the left-side buttons have such a "pocket" to live under.

Long-winded explanation, but bottom line is that I like it a lot. Bet you can't tell I'm a product development engineer.

Todd/Indy
    I was thinking about getting one of these until I read this thread: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=73405

Looks like I'll be tring the S650 case from TC.
    I bought a flexskin case for the 650, fit was great, but i have several issues. 1) the mold for the skin where the belt clip attaches is very thick,making the distance from your belt enough to notice the case "sag" away. 2) the clip mount (on the case) is two pieces, metal insert, and a plastic stem, with a flat spot molded into it, so the belt clip only releases when you rotate the phone, sounds great, but it NEVER stays in the correct position, always rotating. 3) no protection for sd cards, with a 1 gig card, i would like something covering it, to keep it in place. 4) The metal insert pulled right though the silicone the first time i sat in an arm chair, I had to reinsert it, and use some crazy glue....nice case overall, but for light duty use
    BoxWave:

Please clarify what variations of black colors are available and point them out on your website if possible. I ordered what I believed to be the darkest - Smoke Black - and got it this Saturday, but it seems to be more grey than black. The photo on your website makes it look much darker (http://www.boxwave.com/images_bw/pro..._up_blk_lg.jpg).

Besides the color, there's a hair embedded and sticking out of the 5-way button. That's a little bit too much of a personal touch for me.

I like the case. It gives the phone some protection and makes it more grippy. And, if it were just one of these issues that bugged me, I wouldn't mind (that is, if I can pull the hair out), but right now I'm not a happy customer.
    Last edited by andrew77; 02/21/2005 at 07:35 PM.
    Post pictures- that's hilarious . . . a hair!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast