Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I'm impressed by the looks of the Boxwave flexskin and may order it soon. That Sena case looks classy, though. It is the first flip case that I can functionally use without it covering my head while on the phone, like those top flipping cases at the sprint store.
    So far I'm using an old swivel pouch from which I can easily slip the Treo 650 in and out. But the shape of the treo (soap bar) makes it easy to drop and cause possible damage.
    Blah
    Those things cover up all the cool looks of the treo.

It's like putting clear vinyl plastic wrap on your couch and your bed.
    What does it matter if I preserve it's finish from wear when I don't get to ever see that finish anyways?
    It's more important for me that I enjoy my device that I bought for my enjoyment and use rather than treat it like I'm just borrowing it for a while from some stranger who may buy it from me on ebay next year.

The one good point is grippiness. Sometimes grippiness is a real pain in the neck. Makes it difficult to get in and out of pockets. But if grippiness saves you from dropping it even once from chest height on cement, or worse, down some stairs, or yeesh... sewer grates... that might be worth it all. Then again... I think I'd rather just deal with that possibility via insurance.

Or just plain gambling "Maybe I just won't ever drop it real bad until I've gotten at least most of my expected life out of it. There is a chance I may have to buy 2 treo's but it is a small chance and it averages out."
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYofR
    Blah

What does it matter if I preserve it's finish from wear when I don't get to ever see that finish anyways?
    It's more important for me that I enjoy my device that I bought for my enjoyment and use rather than treat it like I'm just borrowing it for a while from some stranger who may buy it from me on ebay next year.

The one good point is grippiness. Sometimes grippiness is a real pain in the neck. Makes it difficult to get in and out of pockets. But if grippiness saves you from dropping it even once from chest height on cement, or worse, down some stairs, or yeesh... sewer grates... that might be worth it all. Then again... I think I'd rather just deal with that possibility via insurance.

Or just plain gambling "Maybe I just won't ever drop it real bad until I've gotten at least most of my expected life out of it. There is a chance I may have to buy 2 treo's but it is a small chance and it averages out."

I don't see your point?!?
    Boxwave, can you clarify your statement:

"As for the covered buttons, all of them are easily accessible and useable without worry about accidentally depressing all of them at the same time. That particular covering has each button individually molded for an excellent fit and function."

On your website, the black one appears to have the raised molded buttons you are describing and the others appear just to have a flat covering just like the skincase on Treo Central.
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYofR
    Blah

I am with you on this one and specially have trouble justifying 100 to 130 bucks for vaja case, knowing that most of us will upgrade these phone in less than a year.There is nothing like an undressed treo.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    Dear SUng,

If you are going to consider a locking clip, please make it affordable to all the current owners. also a 5 buck delivery charge is a bit steep. Maybe it can be mailed in a small enevelope or something.,

I really like your design and think you guys put a quality piece of equipement together but you do really need a locking clip.

Please advise.

thanks
    Faisal and all,

BoxWave greatly appreciates your suggestions regarding the belt clip for the Treo 650 FlexiSkin. However, it seems that many of our customers are requesting our Treo 650 FlexiSkin without the belt clip. Due to this high demand, the FlexiSkin for the 650 model will soon be available without a belt clip. Please keep a lookout for their arrival!

Once again, we would like to thank everyone for their input and feedback. Please contact us through PM with additional questions.

Cheers!
    Sung
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxWave
    Faisal and all,

BoxWave greatly appreciates your suggestions regarding the belt clip for the Treo 650 FlexiSkin. However, it seems that many of our customers are requesting our Treo 650 FlexiSkin without the belt clip. Due to this high demand, the FlexiSkin for the 650 model will soon be available without a belt clip. Please keep a lookout for their arrival!

Once again, we would like to thank everyone for their input and feedback. Please contact us through PM with additional questions.

Cheers!
    Sung
    Boxwave, can you let me know about my question above about the molded buttons? Otherwise, I don't see the difference between the TC one and the one you'll have without a belt clip.

Thanks.
    Boxwave, a locking beltclip would still be appreciated by those of us who do prefer a beltclip.
    I agree w/thomasanderson. A locking clip would be better for those looking for a clip holster.

Micah
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I also echo the comments the above members have said. We really need a locking clip. i dont think its that much money and if it is designed right you can sell more.

I also think you can add a few bucks for future sales and i am sure people that want the device will pay for it. YOu are the only skin with a somewhat decent design clip... i dont think it is what it should be but its useable. But the first time i drop this thing from the belt clip i am going to be really upset and the first thing i am going to curse is BOXWAVE. Which i dont want to do becaue you make a nice case.

Well keep it in mind and i hope you accomodate us
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I also echo the comments the above members have said. We really need a locking clip. i dont think its that much money and if it is designed right you can sell more.

I also think you can add a few bucks for future sales and i am sure people that want the device will pay for it. YOu are the only skin with a somewhat decent design clip... i dont think it is what it should be but its useable. But the first time i drop this thing from the belt clip i am going to be really upset and the first thing i am going to curse is BOXWAVE. Which i dont want to do becaue you make a nice case.

Well keep it in mind and i hope you accomodate us
    Faisal and all,

Once again, we would like to thank everyone for their input regarding the FlexiSkins for the Treo 650. However, due to a great demand, FlexiSkins are now available without a belt clip. For those of you still interested in purchasing the Treo 650 FlexiSkin WITH the belt clip, please order them as soon as possible. They will be only be available for a limited time.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused some of you. Please understand that we do try our best to accommodate all of our customers' needs. However, if we do find much request for specific features in the future, we will try and work to meet those requests as much as we can.

We sincerely would like to express our appreciation to those who have provided us with feedback, since it helps us tremendously in determining the direction we take with our products.

Cheers!
    Sung
    Wow. After reading several posts commenting on belt clips and desires for lockable beltclips it seems like a step backwards to make future products lack a belt clip alltogether. Probably just lost a lot of customers who still like to carry their phones on their belts. The Senas are looking better every day.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser
    Boxwave, can you let me know about my question above about the molded buttons? Otherwise, I don't see the difference between the TC one and the one you'll have without a belt clip.

Thanks.
    SprintTreoUser,

Are you talking about the FlexiSkins for the Treo 600 and Treo 650? The keypad itself for these models are cut out with an opening, but the buttons above the keypad are molded.

If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us through PM.

Cheers!
    Sung
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=BoxWave]Faisal and all,

Once again, we would like to thank everyone for their input regarding the FlexiSkins for the Treo 650. However, due to a great demand, FlexiSkins are now available without a belt clip. For those of you still interested in purchasing the Treo 650 FlexiSkin WITH the belt clip, please order them as soon as possible. They will be only be available for a limited time.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused some of you. Please understand that we do try our best to accommodate all of our customers' needs. However, if we do find much request for specific features in the future, we will try and work to meet those requests as much as we can.

We sincerely would like to express our appreciation to those who have provided us with feedback, since it helps us tremendously in determining the direction we take with our products.

Cheers!

Sung,

I want to thank you for being responsive and getting back to me. I have some comments if you will allow me;

i really would like to know the real reasons why you are cancelling the belt clip unit. I think it might be an issue wiht the plastic or the clip design.

Well anyways, what do us guys do that have ordered these units and we may need parts in the future? where do we turn to? I think you need to support us or allow us to return the units and exchange them for the new models. There is something to be said for a company that cancells a product line one month into the entrance in the market.. something is wrong with that and i think Boxwave needs to support the clients that bought into a line that is no longer available to support.

You make a nice product Sung and i think it is high class. this episode will leave me and maybe others with a bad taste sorry to say. What will you do to support us?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts

Sung,

I want to thank you for being responsive and getting back to me. I have some comments if you will allow me;

i really would like to know the real reasons why you are cancelling the belt clip unit. I think it might be an issue wiht the plastic or the clip design.

Well anyways, what do us guys do that have ordered these units and we may need parts in the future? where do we turn to? I think you need to support us or allow us to return the units and exchange them for the new models. There is something to be said for a company that cancells a product line one month into the entrance in the market.. something is wrong with that and i think Boxwave needs to support the clients that bought into a line that is no longer available to support.

You make a nice product Sung and i think it is high class. this episode will leave me and maybe others with a bad taste sorry to say. What will you do to support us?

Thanks
    faisal and all,

First and foremost, I would like to assure everyone that this FlexiSkin product line is not going to be cancelled. This may have been misinterpreted as we are making changes to its features. The only change to this product line is the removal of the Belt clip option for now.

Since we have had many requests to have the belt-clip removed, it has directed us to proceed forward with this option. However, we have recently began to receive customers' feedback of their preference of FlexiSkin with the belt clip. So given this case, we will now redesign the case to also have a newer spring-locking design. However, this won't be available until about 2 months or so.

We sincerely do appreciate everyone's feedback as we always try our best respond to the requests of all our customers. As now, the feedback given to us will help us take a new step towards providing for what everyone here on the forum are saying:

1) FlexiSkin without the belt-clip attachment altogether
    2) FlexiSkin with a spring-locking belt clip design

So as we now proceed forward with step one, we will move forward onto step two during these upcoming months as we create our new design. We earnestly thank everyone for their patience and understanding as we are in the process of changes. I hope that these changes will ultimately serve a greater range of requests.

Best Regards,

Cho
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    SUng,

Thanks very much for your support. I will be looking forward to your new belt clip design and will be happy to pay for this if it is a good design..i have no reason to think it wouldnt be.

Thanks for supporting us. By the way.. i really LOVE your screen protector its a bit pricy but i think worth it if i can get alot of time on it.. i believe i can. It does a nice job on my screen.

ALso i have been to several SPRINTPCS stores and all the employees rave about your case.. you need to sell it in best buy or sprint stores. feel free to use me as a reference on the value of your case..

Thanks and i will be looking forward to the belt clip!!
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I just ripped my case and am very upset. Because this friggin 650 needs to be manually reset sometimes i have to remove the rubber case. In doing so this time i ripped it in the right hand corner.

SUng can you help me on this one? I cannot say that is is poor manufacture by Boxwave. But the corner is a stress riser and that is where it started teh rip.

SUng,,, what are my options?? Thanks

thanks
    I bought one of these about a month ago and thought my search was over for an ideal case. The look and feel of these cases are very nice, and the fact that it actually covers all four corners was a big plus. (I still can't understand why any manufactuer would make a case and leave corners exposed. I dropped my treo from only about 2' with the original palmone case and sure enough, it lands on the one corner that was exposed).

Unfortunately it had another spill today, only about 1.5', but I guess I'm cursed, as it landed pefectly flat so that the bottom section of the keyboard hit the ground, and caused some major problems (locked up ALT key and scapes). I'm getting a replacement via insurance, but just so you know, if you're looking for a good solution to protect from occasional spills, this one is problematic if it lands flat. I know cases are not entirely intended to ensure the unit won't get damaged from a fall, but surely there has got to be a good case out there that will allow access from the front without 8 million flaps and absorb/protect more in a fall. I guess i'll keep looking!

To the makers ot the case - I would suggest beefing up the bottom portion of the case a bit more - that really does seem to be the thinnest/most exposed area of this case, perhaps making it raised a bit more above the level of the keys and thickening it up would help protect from my type of spill.
    Does anyone know if the treo 650 FlexiSkin with a spring-locking belt clip design is avaliable yet??
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Does anyone know if the treo 650 FlexiSkin with a spring-locking belt clip design is avaliable yet??
    VaccPalm,

The Treo 650 FlexiSkin with the spring-locking belt clip should be available in approximately a month and a half.

Please keep a lookout for them!

Feel free to PM us with additional questions or concerns!

Cheers!

Sung
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast