Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    They have them for the 650 also
    http://www.senacases.com/cart/home.php?cat=318
    This Sena case works with a cradle? Or a Travel charger?
    Where does it say it works with a Cradle?
    BoxWave- I appreciate your response, however, if the unit was defective, you should have mentioned it yesterday, in your previous post, and cleared it up as soon as it was mentioned as an issue, rather than wait until I post negative comments about your company's customer relations, based on e-mails I got from them today. At any rate, I am very glad you acknowledge there is a problem and that you are willing to fix it.

I will contact your customer service department again, and take a full refund. As I had mentioned, my friend has the same case, and hers has the same problems- I will refer her to them as well. If I didn't want to just be over with this issue already, I would likely be interested in taking you up on your offer of a replacement, as I would be eager to see how it differs from the two I have physically seen. I urge you to place photos just like mine on this post to show us what the case is supposed to look like. I would like to see that my posts were wrong!

Again, thank you for addressing this issue- it's always better late than never!
    In the Treo 600 picture (ihttp://www.senacases.com/cart/home.php?cat=314), it actually pictures the case on the Treo 600 and in the cradle (excellent marketing strategy by the way!). I'm hoping that in showing that, it does as it shows- but I could be wrong. I notice that the 650 is not pictured like that, nor does it have the "Charge thru cradle and travel cable" statement bolded like the 600 does. Maybe the 600 does and ther 650 doesn't. The back on the bottom of the 650 case looks different than the 600 case. I can let you know for sure about the 600 in a couple of days
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    This Sena case works with a cradle? Or a Travel charger?
    Where does it say it works with a Cradle?
    It doesn't. The 600 case does, so perhaps that will apply to the 650 case as well. But since the 650 cradles are not yet available, they probably have not been able to verify cradle-compatibility yet.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashu16
    BoxWave- I appreciate your response, however, if the unit was defective, you should have mentioned it yesterday, in your previous post, and cleared it up as soon as it was mentioned as an issue, rather than wait until I post negative comments about your company's customer relations, based on e-mails I got from them today. At any rate, I am very glad you acknowledge there is a problem and that you are willing to fix it.

I will contact your customer service department again, and take a full refund. As I had mentioned, my friend has the same case, and hers has the same problems- I will refer her to them as well. If I didn't want to just be over with this issue already, I would likely be interested in taking you up on your offer of a replacement, as I would be eager to see how it differs from the two I have physically seen. I urge you to place photos just like mine on this post to show us what the case is supposed to look like. I would like to see that my posts were wrong!

Again, thank you for addressing this issue- it's always better late than never!
    ashu16,

I was initially unsure of the defective nature of your FlexiSkin until I further discussed this situation with my manager and had it confirmed. I sincerely do apologize if it has made you feel that a response is only given in defense to negative comments. We do try our best to address all situations with equal concern and care.

As for the pictures you've requested, we have various pictures posted on our site that shows different angles of the Treo 600 with a FlexiSkin on. Please feel free to take a look: FlexiSkin for Treo 600

I would also like to note that the arch on top of the FlexiSkin is not meant to be a perfect semi-circle rather desgined to best fit the functionality of the handheld. And also due to its 'flexi' material, when stretched enough while applying the FlexiSkin, it can possibly look 'misshapened'.

If you are interested in the FlexiSkin for the Treo 650 model, here's the link to some pictures. It has a 'straight' cut design on top, different from the Treo 600 model. Here's a link to some pictures for your convenience: FlexiSkin for Treo 650

Please feel free to PM me with any other questions or comments.

Regards,
    Cho
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    The top of this thing really looks odd--

Exacto top

As if it wasn't molded completely during the first run, so someone has to manually take a knife and cut the IR hole out for each order!

But, the 650 design looks cleaner, but doesn't expose the side select or volume buttons-- why not?
    BoxWave: Again, I guess it's better late than never that it was addressed. I have looked at your site in depth and there is not a picture on the site that is a head on shot like what I posted- each of your pictures are angled in a way that the problems I noted do not show. Can you take a picture of the unit head on, close up, just like mine that shows the areas you mentioned are defective? You can't see the IR hole size or more importantly the small volume control hole from your pictures. Since many people agree that the pictures of my case don't look quite right, maybe your pictures would be able to show otherwise.

Phildro: My thoughts exactly about the exacto knife. The cut itself is almost jagged (it was hard to take a picture of it to show it correctly), but I wondered if they were hand cut due to the irregularity. I have no idea why the back of the case to the left of the antenna is not covered- it doesn't make sense. It could just be by design, but again, worth noting.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    The two sets of pictures between boxwave.com and Asku16's personal pictures match exactly-- sort of a funky half-moon cut out around the IR port, and then sliced around the antenna cutout.

Perhaps they didn't originally mold around the IR port and later decided that they didn't want to throw the whole lot of cases out, so get busy with the knife.

The 650 design looks much cleaner and no jagged edges anywhere that I cound see. Seems like they should just re-melt all the bad 600 versions and start over with a better mold!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phildro
    The two sets of pictures between boxwave.com and Asku16's personal pictures match exactly-- sort of a funky half-moon cut out around the IR port, and then sliced around the antenna cutout.

Perhaps they didn't originally mold around the IR port and later decided that they didn't want to throw the whole lot of cases out, so get busy with the knife.

The 650 design looks much cleaner and no jagged edges anywhere that I cound see. Seems like they should just re-melt all the bad 600 versions and start over with a better mold!
    phildro and everyone,

The mold for the Treo 600 FlexiSkin is made to fit the GSM models that have the slot for the SIM card. This means that it needs the opening on top that the FlexiSkin offers. So I ensure you that the mold is not a manufacturer's defect but is made to fit the functionality of all Treo 600 models.

Regards,
    Cho
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Just how secure is the belt clip for the 650? I notice that it can be unscrewed. Why is this? This is my ONLY hesitation. Otherwise I'd order one today!!!! Also, can "standard" sized belt clips work with the clip also?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulas
    Just how secure is the belt clip for the 650? I notice that it can be unscrewed. Why is this? This is my ONLY hesitation. Otherwise I'd order one today!!!! Also, can "standard" sized belt clips work with the clip also?
    Fabulas,
    The FlexiSkin for the Treo 650 comes with a detachable belt clip that can be unscrewed to provide users with the option of having it on or off. Also, because the belt clip is fastened on the FlexiSkin at an angle, security issues have never been a problem. Good news is that you won't have to worry about it coming off!

Feel free to contact us through PM with additional questions!

Cheers!
    Sung
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxWave
    Fabulas,
    The FlexiSkin for the Treo 650 comes with a detachable belt clip that can be unscrewed to provide users with the option of having it on or off. Also, because the belt clip is fastened on the FlexiSkin at an angle, security issues have never been a problem. Good news is that you won't have to worry about it coming off!

Cheers!
    Sung
    I ordered one today...............Thanks!
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Fabulas,

Cheers!
    Sung

Hello, i just recieved my activeskin in black for my 650 and i really really like it. It is a high quality piece of equipment and well designed but the white screwed piece is nylon and i believe that in time the male thread will come loose with repeated on and off cycles. Can you comment on that and do you provide new plastic pieces for the future.

You might want to consider metal male threading in the future.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phildro

I agree- it sounds like the 600 models are really bad, but from the looks of it, all 650 users seem to be happy. Can someone with the 650 case take a picture similar to mine that shows the top of the case? Also, if it was configured for the GSM phone (according to BoxWave), mine is the Sprint phone, not the GSM- (not that I've heard of ANY differences in the size of the 600 GSM versus PCS phone) but maybe they should list that if that makes the case fit differently.

Ironically, last night I got my Sena case, and man, is that a nice case. Talk about fits like a glove (and charges in the cradle, I might add), with nice leather and perfectly cut holes. I have owned many cell phones (and many cases), and this is the best fitting, nicest quality one I have ever had. Thanks to whoever responded to my first thread and told me about it- it's awesome!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal
    Hello, i just recieved my activeskin in black for my 650 and i really really like it. It is a high quality piece of equipment and well designed but the white screwed piece is nylon and i believe that in time the male thread will come loose with repeated on and off cycles. Can you comment on that and do you provide new plastic pieces for the future.

You might want to consider metal male threading in the future.

thanks
    Faisal,

We're very happy to hear that you are pleased with the FlexiSkin for your Treo 650!

Regarding your concern for the nylon piece wearing out due to consistent use, we find that since both the male threading and belt clip are of the same the material, the threading should be able to handle the pressure from taking the clip on and off. So far, we have not had any complaints on this issue. But if for some reason, this does occur, please let us know about it.

As for the metal threading, we thank you for your input and will definitely consider it for our future designs.

Cheers!
    Sung
    Last edited by BoxWave; 01/12/2005 at 03:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Faisal,
    We're very happy to hear that you are pleased with the FlexiSkin for your Treo 650! Regarding your concern for the nylon piece wearing out due to consistent use, we find that since both the male threading and belt clip are of the same the material, the threading should be able to handle the pressure from taking the clip on and off. So far, we have not had any complaints on this issue. But if for some reason, this does occur, please let us know about it. As for the metal threading, we thank you for your input and will definitely consider it for our future designs.

Cheers!
    Sung
    Thanks for getting back to me. Would you also be willing to offer a second option belt clip that locks itself in? You know the clips that have a spring loaded button on the belt portion? I like your current design but i am have a bit of a gut and have found out the unit has slipped out from the clip when i am sitting and or standing.

Also have you found a coating or something to minimize lint and dust accumulations.. Does something like ArmorAll help or some liquid??

thanks

Thanks
    I'm considering this holder my my and my wife's 650s as well. A lockable swivel clip would be a terrific option which would convince more to buy.

Micah
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Yeah, we really need a lockable clip. My treo slid out when I sat down and hit the floor! Luckily I was sitting at my desk and my office floor is carpeted. Other than that I got lot's of compliments on my new look. It fits really well!
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Dear SUng,

If you are going to consider a locking clip, please make it affordable to all the current owners. also a 5 buck delivery charge is a bit steep. Maybe it can be mailed in a small enevelope or something.,

I really like your design and think you guys put a quality piece of equipement together but you do really need a locking clip.

Please advise.

thanks
    An add-on like Sena's ratcheting clip could easily be designed to use with the flexiskin. http://www.senacases.com/cart/home.php?cat=319 (click on ratchet belt clip link)
    The star-shaped piece could screw into the existing threads to use with a new lockable holder. What would make this even better is if metal threads were used for the attachment for extra strength and durability. I know there haven't been any complaints about the plastic threads wearing out or breaking, but plastic threads make me nervous when it comes to protecting a $400+ phone.

Respectfully,
    Micah
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast