Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    I'm guessing by sliding the top of the Treo through the keyboard opening all the way up, and then stretch the bottom portion of the skin around the front bottom edge of the Treo. Or something.
    What? I have to do all that every time I need to reset my 650? Mine's been resetting once or twice a day and need to find something easier to take the unit out. How exactly does the case put on the unit?
    My first post- wish somebody had told me this a week and a half ago.

I ordered this case this past week and I was not satisfied with the product. I have a treo600 (sprint), and I own two cradles, 1 at home, 1 at work. I e-mailed BoxWave (after liking their website and reviews for other products), and asked them if this case would fit in the cradle. I was told it would, but that I would have to "wiggle" it into place- and I was fine with that.

$32 later, I receive the product in the mail, and I was not too happy with it. The button holes almost seem cut with an exacto knife- I didn't spend $32 on some silicone skin that someone cut with an exacto knife- they're all uneven. The keyboard is open, but it's kind of nice. The d-pad is covered, and the covering didn't fit exactly, so it made it sometimes hard to use. The volume up and down buttons were covered, but still useable. I didn't like how the bottom of the case was made- it would break very easily, as it has a small piece of silicone covering the front of the sync connector- I was afraid I would break it. It's hard to get the treo into the case- you slide it through the large opening and "force" it through- you will not be taking this case off and on every day- that's for sure.

The material itself is so/so. I have an ipod iskin and it's nice, but it collects dust, hair, and other dirt particles. I didn't really care much, as long as it protected the scratches. The iskin fits the ipod- I don't have to take it out of that case- ever. This case is a tad "softer" than my iskin, but it still collects dust. It's not a sticky case, and the more dust it has on it, the softer and slippier it gets.

Most of all, my biggest pet peeve is that it does not fit in the cradle. The fact that they told me it would- its a lie. Great case for someone looking for scratch protection and zero compatability with other cases or cradles- if you buy this- this is all you use. I have the aluminium hard case (which I rarely use because of the bulk), and I was looking for a skin for scratch protection- and they made it sound like I could use this case with the hard case- no. I am e-mailing them for a refund- they seem to be pretty good about it, so I will let you know.

In the mean time, does anyone know of a treo 600 skin I CAN USE IN MY CRADLE????? Ipods have some that the bottom half slips up to sync it in the cradle- where are those for the 600?
    It's not a "skin" but Sena has a case for the T600 that apparently works with the cradle.
    I just received the Boxwave skins for both 650s we have and I must say they are excellent! They are thin and sexy and every button is properly "contoured" for an exact fit. I don't like the attachment on the back for the belt clip. I hate that already because it will make the whole thing poke out in my pocket. Ugh. I'm taking the blue. My wife will get the frosted. Too bad my Vaja cases are coming in two days! These skins will be hard to beat!
    I heard back from Boxwave and they are going to refund me the price of the case. Have other people experienced an odd fit with this case? The best way to explain it is to say that it's "just not right". I don't know- hopefully my experience was unique, and the rest of them are cut perfectly. It looks like I'm going to try the sensa case next though- for the same price- AND it fits in a cradle . . . woohoo!

Thanks everyone!
    It seems to fit pretty well. The buttons that are covered still work great. I love the feel of the case. I don't care for the color a lot- it looks like "robin's egg blue"...but I can deal with it. It is a problem to remove the case if you have to reset often....I've been pretty "reset free" for about 2 weeks now...so hopefully I won't have to deal with that too much. The belt clip is pretty flimsy plastic- but it is removeable- just a small bump leftover, which is not a problem for me, since it's usually in my purse. I do wish it had a cover over the camera lens and the hot sync/charge on the bottom...my ipod case does. But overall, a good product.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by litigator201
    When will the black and other colors be available?
    litigator201 and all,

A handful of other colors including black for the Treo 650 FlexiSkins will be available in the very near future.

Please be on the lookout for them as we will make sure to update everyone with news of their arrival!

Cheers,
    Sung
    I actually like how the camera is not covered...much more usable.

I've had mine for about a week, and am happy. A little tough to put on at first, and it sucks if you need to do a reset or change the battery, but that is true with any case.

Overall, I think it's the best thing out there right now.
    like the case a lot only wished they would have put on a better clip don't like the cheap plastic and it does not have a locking system that i feel comfortable with.

Fred
    I'm wondering how hard it would be to cut out the beltclip section as well as the opening for the battery compartment. I do not look forward to removing a tight skin to do a reset.

I realize that would leave portions unprotected but still my preference.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxWave
    litigator201 and all,

A handful of other colors including black for the Treo 650 FlexiSkins will be available in the very near future.

Please be on the lookout for them as we will make sure to update everyone with news of their arrival!

Cheers,
    Sung
    Not for nothing, but you come here and advertise, then only reply to the questions/comments that may result in a sale, and ignore the complaints. Is this a company I want to buy from?
    Good point Joebar- to be honest, my feelings are a bit mixed, but we'll see. I know they read this board a lot- they must have e-mail notification on this thread because just after I posted my first comments to the thread, I got a reply from my e-mail to them which came quite a bit before my post here- maybe ironic, but worth noting.

To be fair, I posted some pictures of the case in question for the t600 (hopefully they work).
    http://www.canyonero.org/ashu16/front.JPG
    The QWERTY pad is good, but the d-pad tends to be a hair off, and it moves quite a bit- but still very acceptable. There's also a 1/2cm gap from the bump over the earpiece to the screen- also liveable, but worth noting for the super perfectionists.

However, my problem with the unit comes from the next picture.
    http://www.canyonero.org/ashu16/side.JPG
    I personally turn the volume off on my phone quite a bit, and I love that volume button. The opening for the volume button is too small, meaning that you have to squeeze your finger inside the case to turn the volume on or off. It honestly takes a good 20 seconds for me to do it, and that's because I give up and jab something in there to move the button. The hole is only big enough for the button itself and doesn't accomidate for the sliding back and forth it does to indicate on or off. As you can see the infrared covering is quite uneven and jagged, which made it look a little unprofessional to me- someone actually asked me if I cut the case myself- not cool.

Yes, my gripes may seem insignificant to some, but considering I was expecting something that would fit in the cradle, and I got this, which didn't have a 110% perfect fit, I realized it wasn't right for me. As for getting the phone in the case, (or out), it involves slipping the phone through both the screen and keyboard slots to get the antenna out the right hole- I didn't see it being too bad, but constant on/off with the case and it will rip very quickly. Mine also has a reset button hole- I don't know if others were talking about the t650 version or what, but I wouldn't have to take the case off reset the unit.

Hope I gave a little more insight- sorry for being so long!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashu16
    However, my problem with the unit comes from the next picture.
    http://www.canyonero.org/ashu16/side.JPG
    lol.. That looks pretty ghetto.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Joebar99 and everyone,

We apologize as we made a mistake of not realizing that there was a second page to the thread. For this reason, any comments or complaints on the FlexiSkin were gone unnoticed. We would like everyone to know that we are doing our best to take into consideration in addressing every question, comment, and complaint from all of our customers. We appreciate any suggestions and comments which informs us of areas that need more attention. This ultimately help us to better assist our customers in the future.

Providing the quality of customer service that ensures the satisfaction of our customers is a top priority for Boxwave, so any feedback on our performance will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Sung
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    It's not a "skin" but Sena has a case for the T600 that apparently works with the cradle.
    They have them for the 650 also
    http://www.senacases.com/cart/home.php?cat=318
    ashu16 the case looks like crap i would return it! Sorry for your misfortune
    Thanks for the support everyone- I wondered if I was being *too* picky about the case's problems- guess not! I'm glad I posted the pics!

Actually, I saw a friend of mine's today who bought the same thing (only in a different color), and hers looks the same. Same "exacto knife cut" IR hole (hers was a little less jagged, but still uneven) and too small volume control hole. I'm still in the process of obtaining a refund from the company- they're not too keen on refunding my $5.00 shipping. The way I see it- in the end, this thing cost me $10 ($5.00 to get here and $5.00 to get it back to them) all because I relied on an e-mail from them. Buyers beware- your item will look like mine- so be sure you really want it before purchasing- else you're out $$ too! I'll post updates on my sena case and what ever becomes of my refund.
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    They have them for the 650 also
    http://www.senacases.com/cart/home.php?cat=318
    Hey cool, had not noticed they added the pre-order pages for the 650 version. Dang that looks like a quality fit and finish, don't ya think?

I have a S650 case (smoke carbon) on order from TC that I'll try first, because it provides just that little extra protection (corners, material), but if I end up not liking it, this will be my next choice!
    I heard back from Boxwave today about how they're going to handle my return- they want me to eat both shipping costs (from them to me and then back to them- a nice $10.00) on a product I was told would work as I had hoped, but does not. Buyer beware- if my pictures of the product are not enough, consider the thought of having to deal with their customer service manager! I was clearly told in an e-mail that the case would work through the cradle, and when it didn't, and I wanted to send it back, they wanted me to pay to ship it back to them- on top of the $5 I paid to get it to me in the first place- why tell me it's going to work and make an angry customer?

The irony of it all is that my e-mail from customer service states that "we would not be able to refund you for the shipping as it says on our website that we refund shipping costs only if the item arrived to you defective." (humm- mine didn't work as you stated- defective?), but yet I look on their website on the FAQ page and I find this: "Within 30 days of delivery of a shipment, you may return any of the following items you purchased from BoxWave Corporation, for any reason (barring outright abuse), for a full refund (we'll also refund the shipping cost if the return is a result of our error)"- (you told me it would work, and it didn't, and this isn't your error?)

Sorry, $10, or even $35 doesn't make or break me- it's the principal. If you have a commitment to 100% customer satisfaction, then act on it. Fellow readers/possible buyers beware- they have yet to comment on several questions on this post about the case, but they continue to use the free advertising- so I am too :-) If for some reason you're still interested in the case, and you want to avoid dealing with their customer service (but you're fully aware of the case's limitations), look for it on eBay.

</exit soapbox>
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashu16
    ashu16,

By looking at the pictures you've posted, it looks like the FlexiSkin you've received for your Treo 600 is a defective unit. The cut on the top portion of the FlexiSkin does not match the original shape. In this case, you are eligible for a full refund, including shipping costs. I also apologize for the confusion made on its compatibility with the cradle. We've been notified previously by a customer that it does work on the cradle, but it seems that it does not.

I've contacted customer service with your information so please send another email so that they can provide you with a new unit at no charge to you or a full refund which includes shipping costs.

Regards,
    Cho
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast