1.    #1  
    After many painfull hours of sprint customer support, they still can't fix this problem. I love this phone and I get pretty good signal strength. I just need basic text messaging. I can send texts but, I can not recive them. It is vital for my business. The sprint people can not find the cause. They just tell me that they have a ticket for my problem. Oh well.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    have u tried a hard reset?
    I would try one of the ROM updates. While the primary issue was sound, it looks like all ROM apps are replaced. That just might do the trick
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your help. how do you do a hard reset and how do you get a ROM update?
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgdoc
    Thanks for your help. how do you do a hard reset and how do you get a ROM update?
    A hard reset is performed by removing your battery and pushing the stylus in the reset "hole" when you see the bar moving on your screen, push and hold the red power/phone button until you see the silver palm logo then release the power button you will be asked "erase all data? yes/no" tell it yes. That is a hard reset. I would try this first.

If that don't work,

You can find a ROM update at www.shadowmite.com I would recomend the one that is only the sound fix until you know a little more about them.

Also READ the instructions COMPLETELY and follow them EXACTLY
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    try this. when my sms stopped working i got backupman http://www.bitsnbolts.com/files/BackupMan152b5.zip then backed up my treo 650, did a hard reset, restored my info and my sms worked again.
    the one thing that help me was calling sprint to get them to reprovision my data services. it has seemed to improve since then!