1.    #1  
    this program is funny
    A must have app for all Letter Carriers.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    my dogs didn't care
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    mine either
    No reaction from both my dogs either, or neither
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    "okay mutherfugger, who the hell be callin me at this hour?"
    my doberman and greyhound just ignore me with 'scarethedog', what gives?
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    My dog didn't respond either.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    What is the frequency response of the Treo600/650 built-in speaker? The PalmOne website doesn't list that spec and I couldn't find anything with google either.

Is the built-in speaker capable of producing 16kHz sound? I know it pretty much defeats the purpose of a moble-scare-the-dog utility, but has anybody tried it with external speakers that are known to exceed 16kHz?

ERic
    Well, it makes some sound. If you tell a speaker to make 16kHz but it can only do 12kHZ, will it make 12kHz or nothing at all?
    Well it can depend, if the controller has the ability to put out a 16khz signal, which I bet most can, then the speaker will react to the signal. But if the speaker is not physically capable of generating a 16khz signal, the speaker will probably generate some kind of noise as it vibrates.

Speakers are analog, the signal that get's sent is a wave form. And basically the speaker attempts to vibrate in accordance to the waveform, if it can't match the waveform it will still make sound. . . just not the sound that was intended.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I figured out how to use it. It really isn't documented well. All you have to do is start the program as usual. When your Treo is making the appropriate sound, hold the phone between your thumb and forefinger by it's edges, making sure not to obscure either speaker. Aim the speaker toward the dogs ear so that he can hear the sound optimally, and then throw your Treo at him with all your might. That'll scare 'um.

(My appologies to all you dog lovers out there. No dogs were hurt in the posting of this message.)
    lol, works great now! thanks Druce
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Druce, that's the best thing I've read all day.