Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    The feeling is super rough, not smooth lines. What an expensive dissapointment that with all the resolution they made it so clumsy!
    I am having the same problem on my Treo 650. I tried other programs such as Diddlebug (which is similar to Notepad), Graffiti Anywhere, and a couple of others. I noticed that any program which lets you draw on the screen has the same problem, so it is not limited to Bugme. It looks like there is a digitizer problem with the Treo 650. I hope it can be fixed in a software update from Palm.
    Diddlebug 2.90.b.4 works great on my 650
    Attached Images Attached Images
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I have the same version of Diddlebug on my Treo 650. I looked at the attached image, and I was amazed how good it looks. To write like that, I would have to write painfully slow, at normal writing speed, the lines will be jagged.
    Could you please let me know if you own the CDMA version or the GSM version, and if you did anything special to make the lines smooth. Thanks.
    GSM version with the default settings...

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcc97
    I have the same version of Diddlebug on my Treo 650. I looked at the attached image, and I was amazed how good it looks. To write like that, I would have to write painfully slow, at normal writing speed, the lines will be jagged.

Same here
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Diddlebug 2.90.b.4 works great on my 650
    Oh Oh I just tried my BugMe again. If I write REAL SLOW it is perfectly smooth. But writing really really really slow. Real smooth. Fast writing is triangular!

Wow!
    I don't think this is a bug, I think it's part of the design.

It's time for people to realize what the Treo is intended to be, and what it was designed to do. To keep this short: IT'S DESIGNED TO BE OPERATED WITH THE KEYBOARD!

The digitizer is plenty sensitive to do what it's designed to do: allow selection of on-screen items. The designers intended that text entry be done with the keyboard.

If the ability to draw or write on the screen is all that important, then the 650 isn't the right device for you. No device is perfect, none will do everything, and each has it's own design parameters and compromises.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    mine still works well when I write fast...but maybe I'm just a slow person me and Eric Clapton

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I don't think this is a bug, I think it's part of the design.

It's time for people to realize what the Treo is intended to be, and what it was designed to do. To keep this short: IT'S DESIGNED TO BE OPERATED WITH THE KEYBOARD!

The digitizer is plenty sensitive to do what it's designed to do: allow selection of on-screen items. The designers intended that text entry be done with the keyboard.

If the ability to draw or write on the screen is all that important, then the 650 isn't the right device for you. No device is perfect, none will do everything, and each has it's own design parameters and compromises.
    PalmOne has never said it is part of the design, they are calling the Treo 650 a combination of PDA and Phone. I would have to disagree it is part of the design, because :

1. The newer GSM models like the one 100thMonkey has, looks like it has been fixed, and it was probably a bug.

2. It is actually not the resolution which is the problem, the digitizer is sampled too infrequently, which leads to other problems. I have also noticed that 1 out of 10 taps on the screen are missed, and this is also a bug. If they did not want you to use a stylus, why include it with the Treo ? Read the other posts, where people are complaining of missing input. You can test this in Diddlebug by tapping on the screen, to see how many dots are missed. This also happens when playing games (which a lot of people do), or using any other software which requires screen taps.

3. The digitizer on the CDMA version also has erratic lines being drawn on the screen. This is also a bug. Read the post titled "Is the digitizer crippled on the 650 ?"

4. The Treo 600, and the other smartphones do not have these problems. The Treo 650 is an update to the 600, and also costs a lot more, I do not believe Palm would take away major functionality.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    There is no question an issue with the touchscreen. It is not as sensitive as the Palm V. The Palm V had an exquisite touch. The 650 is clutzsy. Sometimes it feels, sometimes it does not.

I hope they fix that in the new update, just like the voice. It is almost like the person in charge of setting sensitivities at PalmOne is in a noisy office and misses the subtleties.

But we power users won't. PalmOne has it now, but if they keep keeping on with their smug cluelessness they will crash and burn.
    I just did a quick test. I have BugMe v4.41 on my Treo650.

I handwrote two exact loop-d-loops using 1)extra slow speed, 2)normal handwriting speed.

Check out the results.
    Attached Images Attached Images