1.    #1  
    my treo has gone to sleep on me twice now
    the green light blinks and it appears like the phone is working,but i cant recieve calls and i cant wake up my screen need to remove battery to get reset. anyone else have this issue and is there a fix?

thanks joel
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    Have you fixed your issue? I've just got a Treo 650 and is running into exactly the same as you have described.

I didn't need to remove the battery, just perform a soft-reset will do. But this is totally unacceptable since I will miss some calls.

Any solution?
    Return it.. Im on my second one and it hasnt been as buggy as the first one. Some users in this forum claim cingular knows there are some problem phones. My store played dumb so who knows. Try to exchange rather than mess with it.
    Problem exists on CDMA Treo 650s too.

No fix.

Swapping out doesn't help.

Just another bug that F1 did not catch nor wants to fix.
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    Oh. This doesn't sound too good to me.

Doshspc, do you mean after you swap the Treo 650, you solve this particular issue?

Mine is an Unlocked GSM.

Has anyone contacted palmOne Support on this particular issue?
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Been there, it's got to be the most annoying problem out there, because you never know if the phone is actually working or not.
    I had the problem on a Sprint 650, Sprint could not fix the problem (big suprise!) so I just returned the phone within the 14 day trial period.

I found the problem was related to signal strength, if I was in an area of weak coverage, then the phone would "lockup" when sleeping and not wake up for calls or button presses.

If I was in an area of high signal strength then the phone usually worked correctly. This was especially annoying since the phone recieved a very weak signal in my home, and would lock up constantly.

But if I left the house and drove to the office, it usually worked fine. I even powered down everything in the house to see if it was electrical interference, and it still had the issue. Which is what led me to the signal strength diagnosis. I could make it lock up everytime I placed it on the bedside table, but it didn't lockup at the office.

FWIW
    no on this issue specifically but a slew of other problems. Havent run into this one yet knock on wood
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jberger
    I found the problem was related to signal strength, if I was in an area of weak coverage, then the phone would "lockup" when sleeping and not wake up for calls or button presses.

If I was in an area of high signal strength then the phone usually worked correctly. This was especially annoying since the phone recieved a very weak signal in my home, and would lock up constantly.
    Good info! That explains my lockup today on the Treo going through a known weak area on the train, finding the Treo unable to wake from its coma. We'll see if it happens again in the same spot tomorrow.