Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am very disappointed with T650's Blazer for the following reasons. I find that I cannot browse through a website and highlight certain links. I was able to do this easily with my T600. Also, the T650 does not seem to work with websites containing frames. Anyone else going through these same issues?
    yes I gave up with blazer while it is faster than the blazer on the 600 it is still not good. I use Xiino very fast and gets frames and uses the 5 way navigation as well. Every once in a while Xiino renders a page strangely I have noticed vertical text etc. Much better than blazer IMO.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    I'm not crazy about Blazer either. I've played with Xiino a bit, but I find it does not render pages well and AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $doesn$'$t$ $do$ $the$ $Full$ $Page$ $Mode$, $which$ $I$ $reallu$ $prefer$. $Anyone$ $have$ $opinions$ $on$ $the$ $other$ $browsers$ $out$ $there$?

Mike
  4.    #4  
    Are you able to scroll through a web page using the navigation button and click on links? I find that I cannot do this with the 650. Very frustrating...
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwotreo
    Are you able to scroll through a web page using the navigation button and click on links? I find that I cannot do this with the 650. Very frustrating...
    Can you please give an example, like a specific site and the link(s) that you are unable to click on?
  6.    #6  
    Here's an example:

One site I like to visit is ESPN's wireless site:

http://proxy.epsn.go.com/wireless/espn.xhtml.index

On my 600, I was able to use my navigation button to scroll the page. As I scroll down, each headline would be highlighted and I would be able to click it and read. This does not occur with the 650. I checked "Preferences" to see if I have to set something up, but I could not find anything. Any advice?
    Works for me. Are you clicking to the right? Down should do a page-down. You can page down to the page you want and then click right to highlight a link.

AFAIR the 600 worked this way as well.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Here's an example:

One site I like to visit is ESPN's wireless site:

http://proxy.epsn.go.com/wireless/espn.xhtml.index

On my 600, I was able to use my navigation button to scroll the page. As I scroll down, each headline would be highlighted and I would be able to click it and read. This does not occur with the 650. I checked "Preferences" to see if I have to set something up, but I could not find anything. Any advice?
    I just went there and clicking Right on the 5-way nav took me through all the links just fine. Clicking the center button would select it. Also, you could enter the number that corresponds to the section on your keyboard (like 2 for NFL) and that takes you there directly.

In short, it works beautifuly for me. Does the above not work for you?
  9.    #9  
    It's not working for me. Clicking on the right arrow of the 5-way nave just moved the page to the right.

Any advice??
    It's not working for me. Clicking on the right arrow of the 5-way nave just moved the page to the right.

Any advice??
    Yes, you must be in the "Wide" mode. Go to the Options menu and select Optimized Mode.
  11.    #11  
    THANK YOU!

What about frames? Do you have any problems with websites with frames?
    THANK YOU!

What about frames? Do you have any problems with websites with frames?
    How about an example of this too.
  13.    #13  
    Silverado,

On the 600, there was a magnifying glass icon that was used when there were frames. The 600 would show a part of a frame. Click on this frame and then on the magnifying glass, and that frame would be shown. How is this done on the 650?
    Silverado,

On the 600, there was a magnifying glass icon that was used when there were frames. The 600 would show a part of a frame. Click on this frame and then on the magnifying glass, and that frame would be shown. How is this done on the 650?
    I'm not sure as I don't visit many sites with frames, but I'd like to look at an example when you run into one.
  15.    #15  
    Silverado,

Here's an example:

http://calafia.com/frames/example1.html

If you view this page on your PC, you can see the frames. If you view this on your 650, you can only see one frame. On the 600, you were able to see a portion of the frames. This portion can be viewed by clicking on the magnifying glass icon.

Help!
    Hmm... I remember the magnifying glass in the 600. I also remember reading that this version of Blazer has better support for frames, yet I see nothing I could do to see the other frames when I go to this page on the 650! I'll let you know if I find something.
    Silverado,

Here's an example:

http://calafia.com/frames/example1.html

If you view this page on your PC, you can see the frames. If you view this on your 650, you can only see one frame. On the 600, you were able to see a portion of the frames. This portion can be viewed by clicking on the magnifying glass icon.

Help!
    I see all the frames, but they're arranged vertically (with no separators), so it looks like a single frame. All the content from the 3 frames is visible on Blazer for me - it just looks different.

Try looking at the page on the 650 and on the desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    I see all the frames, but they're arranged vertically (with no separators), so it looks like a single frame. All the content from the 3 frames is visible on Blazer for me - it just looks different.

Oh, that's right! I guess reading the contents is important after all
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin

I see that Blazer is arranging the frames vertically. However, this is not the case with other websites that I've visited. Thanks for the help. Please reply back if you find out more on viewing frames.
    I see that Blazer is arranging the frames vertically. However, this is not the case with other websites that I've visited. Thanks for the help. Please reply back if you find out more on viewing frames.
    I'm sure with responses like that, lots of folks will be sure to help you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast