1.    #1  
    Hello everyone,

I am a newbie with Palm/Treo 650 ....

I did search for this but didn't come up with an answer I was looking for:

What is the best way to backup my current apps/info and bringing these back after a hard reset? I tried to Backupman beta for 650 and it crashes every time.

Can I just rename my Palm backup folder (backup_old), do a hard reset, reinstall my apps fresh from scratch, then after installing all my apps, can I bring my backup folder back and hotsync?

Please help, my phone is so sluggish I can't stand it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by vjslater
    Hello everyone,

I am a newbie with Palm/Treo 650 ....

I did search for this but didn't come up with an answer I was looking for:

What is the best way to backup my current apps/info and bringing these back after a hard reset? I tried to Backupman beta for 650 and it crashes every time.

Can I just rename my Palm backup folder (backup_old), do a hard reset, reinstall my apps fresh from scratch, then after installing all my apps, can I bring my backup folder back and hotsync?

Please help, my phone is so sluggish I can't stand it anymore.
    I have decent result with TealBackup 1.08. I have a few problems backing up VoiceDial, but wveryhting else seem to work okay. I have done a couple of restores and all but VoiceDial has restored. I changed my setting in TealBackup to exclude VoiceDial and it has been working okay. What I like is that you can set it to only backup files that have changed instead of a full backup each time. I started keeping the VoiceDial installer on my SD card so I can reinstall it from there if I have to do a hard reset.