Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Well, they told me at Seidio that they were going to send me out a new "updated" holster. I hope that it is better than the original!
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    I wish they would make a special holster for those people that have the treo skin.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    David,

I sent an email to RMA to exchange a holster model for the new clip type model.

This is the response:

To: Leonardo Vasile

Date: 01-25-05

Subject: Your RMA Number R 12930-01

This email is to confirm your RMA application. Your RMA number is

R 12930 -01
    Your return item is:

HLTR650A
    Swivel Locking Clip Holster

Treo 650 (Cradle type

Your reason(s) for the return are:

The holster I have for my Treo 650 is the cradle type seidio product number HLTR650A. I am using it exactly as it shows on your website.

I am not the only person that this has happened to, as you will see if you click on the links below from the treo central discussion board on which David Chang posts releases of new seidio products.

The holster I would like to exchange it for is the clip type seidio product number HLTR650B. Can you send this out as soon as possible

Your return(s) must be directed to the following address within 14 days:

Seidio Inc.
    ATTN: Returns Department

RMA#: R 12930 -01

10415 Westpark
    Suite B
    Houston TX 77042

Please note that the RMA number is only valid for 14 days. This begins from the date of receipt until the postmarked date of your return package(s). After that date, you must obtain a new RMA number. All return package(s) must clearly display this RMA number on the outside of the package(s) or it will not be accepted. Invoice must be included in the package. All products returned must be under 6 months warranty. Note: You will be responsible for all costs involved in returning of the product.

Once the return is received, please allow 5-9 business days for processings. If approved, the return will be replaced with a new clip type holster for the Treo 650.

You do not need to reply to this email. However, if you have any question about your return, please feel free to write us at rma@seidio.com. A Seidio representative will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Your Seidio Customer Service Team

I love everything about the holster but that it scratched my new phone.

David, why must RMA wait for my holster model to be returned then have 5-9 business days for processing? I believe seidio should mail the new clip type model to me today.

In my opinion the holster model was not designed properly. It scratched my brand new phone. I hope the clip model does not do the same. If it does am I responsible for paying shipping as I am for the holster type I am returning?

Thanks,

Lenny
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV
    David,

I sent an email to RMA to exchange a holster model for the new clip type model.

This is the response:

To: Leonardo Vasile

Date: 01-25-05

Subject: Your RMA Number R 12930-01

This email is to confirm your RMA application. Your RMA number is

R 12930 -01
    Your return item is:

HLTR650A
    Swivel Locking Clip Holster

Treo 650 (Cradle type

Your reason(s) for the return are:

The holster I have for my Treo 650 is the cradle type seidio product number HLTR650A. I am using it exactly as it shows on your website.

I am not the only person that this has happened to, as you will see if you click on the links below from the treo central discussion board on which David Chang posts releases of new seidio products.

The holster I would like to exchange it for is the clip type seidio product number HLTR650B. Can you send this out as soon as possible

Your return(s) must be directed to the following address within 14 days:

Seidio Inc.
    ATTN: Returns Department

RMA#: R 12930 -01

10415 Westpark
    Suite B
    Houston TX 77042

Please note that the RMA number is only valid for 14 days. This begins from the date of receipt until the postmarked date of your return package(s). After that date, you must obtain a new RMA number. All return package(s) must clearly display this RMA number on the outside of the package(s) or it will not be accepted. Invoice must be included in the package. All products returned must be under 6 months warranty. Note: You will be responsible for all costs involved in returning of the product.

Once the return is received, please allow 5-9 business days for processings. If approved, the return will be replaced with a new clip type holster for the Treo 650.

You do not need to reply to this email. However, if you have any question about your return, please feel free to write us at rma@seidio.com. A Seidio representative will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Your Seidio Customer Service Team

I love everything about the holster but that it scratched my new phone.

David, why must RMA wait for my holster model to be returned then have 5-9 business days for processing? I believe seidio should mail the new clip type model to me today.

In my opinion the holster model was not designed properly. It scratched my brand new phone. I hope the clip model does not do the same. If it does am I responsible for paying shipping as I am for the holster type I am returning?

Thanks,

Lenny
    Hi Lenny

Seidio realizes how precious Treo 650 to the owner. Therefore, Seidio is doing the best it can to protect Treo 650 from any possible damage.
    For Treo 650 holster from Seidio, a protection pad is attached to the holster and the sharp edges are manually polished and smoothed out. May be the one you have is a deviation.

If you like the cradle type holster, I will be happy to send you a replacement . If you would like the clip type, I will send the clip type to you .Please email me dsc@seidio.com, I will send the holster that you choose out as soon as I receive your email.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I did receive my replacement today as David promised. It is much, much better.
    It is not stabbing me in the side now and the belt clip is much tighter.
    Still not perfect though, a bit hard to get out using the bottom clip with one hand.. Guess we cannot have everything perfect eh?
    Cannot unclip from the top though because it removes the sd card about half of the time.

Overall it is an acceptable holster and I will use this one over the one I'm using now which is the Palm Leather one (650 faces out).

Just my 2 cents worth
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    ok... after a day of using my replacement Seidio, which was much better than first.. so I thought....until it started answering calls automatically...
    Please forgive me David Chang but I have to post my comments:
    Apparently the phone has to be taken out bottom first or it will eject the sd card.. only problem with that is, it seems to be hitting the screen upon incoming calls and answering automatically. After a few hours, I couldn't take it any more and I put this replacement seidio in the closet with the first one.

See my other post for my comments on the proclip, which I received today, to make a long story short, its perfect!
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Quote Originally Posted by Produce Her
    1/25/05

David,

Thanks again for your response. We appreciate your willingness to listen to our constructive compliments and other feedback.

I will be glad to email you again.

FYI

I had already politely emailed that address last week pursuant to your post last week inviting us to do so, and I have never received a response from RMA@seidio.com.

The email was sent to you last week on:

January 19, 2005 1:29:47 AM EST
    To: RMA@seidio.com

As I said, I will be glad to send another email and will await your instructions before doing so. I'd like to use the clip model instead of the holster model if the answer to the above question is affirmative.

Thanks

Mike
    RE:

Thank you, Mike and all the Treocentral members who take their time to give us the comments and feedbacks.
    <><><<>

David Chang:

THanks again for your help.

I responded to your P.M.
    I politely emailed you and the RMA email address several times in the last month.

Important:

David Chang: Please email me today with a tracking number if available. Today is February 1, 2005.

Thanks again

Mike
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Produce Her
    RE:

Thank you, Mike and all the Treocentral members who take their time to give us the comments and feedbacks.
    <><><<>

David Chang:

THanks again for your help.

I responded to your P.M.
    I politely emailed you and the RMA email address several times in the last month.

Important:

David Chang: Please email me today with a tracking number if available. Today is February 1, 2005.

Thanks again

Mike
    Hi Mike,

Fedex Tracking # 697839611807

Let me know how do you like it.

David chang
    Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by mszatny
    Anyway...the fit is so close that when removing the T650 for an incoming call....buttons are pressed unintentionally.
    MS
    I have the new version with the cutout on the back, and it still answer an income call while removing the phone from the cradle.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    yes, my replacement was doing the same thing. I thought maybe it was just me or mine lol. Why can't Seidio make a holster that works? I went through 2 models and neither one was acceptable. My advice, just get the proclip holster. I have had the proclip for a week and its perfect. I don't know why it so difficult to make a holster that works... every other phone in the world that I have had, had a holster that didn't have any problems.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgtakahashi
    I have the new version with the cutout on the back, and it still answer an income call while removing the phone from the cradle.
    Hi Mgtakahashi

Seidio has shipped out many new and updated cradle type holsters. This is the first time we have received this type of complaint. We take every complaint seriously, please contact rma@seidio.com ASAP.

We have tried many times to duplicate the problem. Our product group just can not duplicate the problem.

The reviewer in Treocentral did not have this problem either.

http://www.treocentral.com/content/P...et-153-60-.htm
    Mine does not answer the phone but just stops the ringing. It must hit a button on the way out. It is actually kind of nice 'defect'!
    It looks like the spacebar gets press when I try to remove the phone from the cradle. I spoke with Seidio, and they are sending me another one.
    Could this case possibly work as a screen cover? Is it easliy pocketable if the belt clip is removed and/or clipped to the pocket?
    I returned my "updated version" with cut out and hand polished edges because it was still chipping my paint and depressing buttons.
    I really was appalled by the service i received when trying to return the product. I think Seidio should look into the qualtiy of their customer service.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgtakahashi
    It looks like the spacebar gets press when I try to remove the phone from the cradle. I spoke with Seidio, and they are sending me another one.
    I just received a replacement, I guess revision 7. It still press the spacebar when removing phone from case. It all depends how I remove the phone.
    I just noticed the chipping of paint.
    I wanted to order this, but I think the price just shot up on TreoCentral from $24.95 to $27.95. I think this is the item that is being discussed in this thread: http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-24--154.htm

Can anyone confirm the price increase in the last day or two?

Thanks!

- marc
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234