Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well, I'd recommend leaving calender alone... The phone uses that program at a variety of times during it's use. The extensions of the files in the rom appear to have something to due with when to load them or what type of file they are. The O in oprc is for overlay...
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    thank you guys very much. i made sure not to download anything on the site as asked at the bottom of the page, am more edumicated and it worked prefectly.

someone in this thread asked and i wondered, if there was a difference in the available memory afterword. for me there was not.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
    How do you patch programs you have paid for so they can go into ROM?

jc
    Quote Originally Posted by brickjr
    I used a patched version of Snappermail, but the US money was a standard PRC. US money will allow you to enter the registration, even if it's in ROM. I never tried with Snapper (I was told it wouldn't work originally), so you may want to give it a shot.
    I beamed my SnapperMail.prc to my PC, and added it to my ROM. I kept the associated files in RAM and it works fine.
    Could someone post a rom (not too confident doing it myself don't want a broken 650) that is like shadowmites latest stripped down without versamail but with datebk5? I think it is ok to use datebk5 in the rom because you need a registration to use it past the trial date whether its in rom or ram.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    agree, Jayzee,
    ROM with Datebk5 and Snapper would be great.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Read entire post before even touching any of the files.

SNIP

[Mod Edit: Link to ROM files removed]

Could this technique be used to modify the Tungsten 5 ROM? Would it need a new loader and is it possible to get a ROM dump from the T5 to see what files are needed?

Looks like Sprint is going to be just a little miffed at all the hacking going on here. If PalmOS is so vulnerable to hacks, I wonder if carriers will want to keep using it.

By the way, why would the moderators remove references to the ROM files but then have STICKY threads on how to hack Bluetooth and Wi-Fi? That just seems a little... inconsistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    I recommend waiting for a product that supports installing in Flash (like JackSprat) rather than fiddling with system ROM images. This is risky and IMO not worth ending up with a dead unit with an invalidated warranty.

Just my $0.02.

I don't think there ever will be a version of JackSprat that supports the Treo 650. This is now the only way for people to customize their EXPENSIVE hardware.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I now have HanDBase, HandZipper, and Documents to Go (just the little 333kb file) in ROM. I decided that these do not get many updates. I have freed up an additional 1MB. So just using the smaller ROM does not free any memory, but obviously moving my apps to ROM does.

Now, how sad is it that I am excited about 1MB? I feel like I am working on a 286 with a 20MB HD. I still like my 650. I would not give it up. It is just sad.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net
    If you can remove the programs successfully, adding isn't much harder. Datebk5 will run from the ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and Roses
    Could this technique be used to modify the Tungsten 5 ROM? Would it need a new loader and is it possible to get a ROM dump from the T5 to see what files are needed?

Looks like Sprint is going to be just a little miffed at all the hacking going on here. If PalmOS is so vulnerable to hacks, I wonder if carriers will want to keep using it.

By the way, why would the moderators remove references to the ROM files but then have STICKY threads on how to hack Bluetooth and Wi-Fi? That just seems a little... inconsistent.
    I have posted in the treo hacking thread, the prc updater is designed for ace or angus (t5) updates. The catch would be needing a geniune copy of every file from a T5 first... Once we have those we could do it. But I am not going to start T5 projects also, that's someone elses job if they wish to contact me for help, I will...
    i had to subscribe to this thread jsut to keep up on the latest.
    I don't need the calculator function, which files do I remove. from palm-ace and from boot?
    Please give me some direction. I would like to make a ROM file with Snapper, FileZ, Docs to Go and PTunes. When I add up the prc files in the Minimal ROM (found in ace-palmos.zip subdirectory of the ROM file), it is 6.502MB in size. That only allows ~300K of data to be added. Am I on the right track? What else could I possibly remove from the minimal ROM to get the necessary space? I realize that Ptunes probably will not work from ROM, but everything else is 1.7MB
    You can remove clock and calculator. You're not going to get docs2go to work from rom... You'll kill your phone if you try I'd imagine. Just be happy running it from the SD card. There is a thread somewhere around here telling you how to accomplish that...
    Hi -

I tried Shadowmite's ROM #3 but it hung while hotsyncing - message on the screen said it was syncing MIDI tones, desktop said it was syncing npadDB.

I'm trying to get back to the original ROM, but after installing it (both from the SD card and from the device itself), it says successfully completed ... then looks exactly the same as ROM #3.

How do I get back to the original?

Thanks,

pl804
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    Shadowmite,

two questions please

If I wanted to add Datebk5 could I remove the calendar?

I am confused with the boot.conf. If I wanted to add say datebk5 to it what would it look like? I don't quite understand the .oprc in the boot.conf file. They look something like this; BlazerApp_Device_enUS.oprc
    Shadow, you're the king!!! You're doing such great stuff for the community. Along the same lines, could a ROM be created that not only eliminates Versamail and the Sprint garbage, but one that would include my Agendus Pro and Chattermail?
    Would someone please clarify for me the difference between an unlocked GSM directory/file ROM structure, and a Cingular 1.15 ROM directory/file structure, once all of the directories/files have been completed.

I know the GSM ROM structure/files, and can modify and flash to my hearts content just fine:

Palm directory with start.prc

Then the directory Palm/DeviceCustomizer

with Sceanarios and Treo650.ROW directories.

Inside the Palm/DeviceCustomizer directory are files:

DeviceCustomizerApp.bprc
    " " .oprc 5 language files

Inside the Palm/DeviceCustomizer/Sceanarios directory is one file, ROWReleaseSD.pdb

Inside the Palm/DeviceCustomizer/Treo650.ROW directory is the ace-palmos.zip/md5 and other files, the ace***.zip file which can be edited with the Tool for customization of the GSM ROM.

Throw that Palm directory onto the SD card, after renaming the original SD card Palm directory to something else, then flash away.

Now......

I can extract a Cingular 1.15 package/ROM, and get to the ace-palmos.zip file, and modify that just fine, however,

what I do not understand, after reading many, many posts, is how the Cingular ROM Directory/files are laid out for the full Cingular ROM to flash/function.

What directories and their structure, and what files go into the various directories?

Would someone please explain in some detail as above?

Thank you,

Samantha
    Last edited by spankyoatmeal; 09/15/2005 at 08:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spankyoatmeal
    Would someone please clarify for me the difference between an unlocked GSM directory/file ROM structure, and a Cingular 1.15 ROM directory/file structure, once all of the directories/files have been completed.

I know the GSM ROM structure/files, and can modify and flash to my hearts content just fine:

Palm directory with start.prc

Then the directory Palm/DeviceCustomizer

with Sceanarios and Treo650.ROW directories.

Inside the Palm/DeviceCustomizer directory are files:

DeviceCustomizerApp.bprc
    " " .oprc 5 language files

Inside the Palm/DeviceCustomizer/Sceanarios directory is one file, ROWReleaseSD.pdb

Inside the Palm/DeviceCustomizer/Treo650.ROW directory is the ace-palmos.zip/md5 and other files, the ace***.zip file which can be edited with the Tool for customization of the GSM ROM.

Throw that Palm directory onto the SD card, after renaming the original SD card Palm directory to something else, then flash away.

Now......

I can extract a Cingular 1.15 package/ROM, and get to the ace-palmos.zip file, and modify that just fine, however,

what I do not understand, after reading many, many posts, is how the Cingular ROM Directory/files are laid out for the full Cingular ROM to flash/function.

What directories and their structure, and what files go into the various directories?

Would someone please explain in some detail as above?

Thank you,

Samantha
    S,

1.15-CNG doesn't have exactly what you expected. You have to copy entire files which are created by 650ROM tools over files in the "leaked" 1.21. Then insert the SD to your palm and run it.

What's you gonna see is your Treo now says: Software 1.13-ROW instead of 1.15-CNG which is the correct software ver. And you gonna see that you have 21.8MB free of 22.4M instead of 23M free of 23.7M as in 1.15-CNG. The only way you can tell that you currently running 1.15-CNG is when you turn on/off the radio, Cingular logo appears. Pls PM me if you need whole package of start.prc and folder "Treo650.xxx"
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast