1.    #1  
    Not sure if this is new in 2.50b or I just missed it in earlier versions but does anyone know what "Smart Alerts" means? It's under Preferences/Sounds & Alerts?
    From PDAApps:
    The Smart Alert system tries to double-guess when you have been active on your device and remembers when you have been last alerted using a fairly complex algorithm. The idea is to avoid vibrating your phone when you are typing, and to not ring your phone for 10 seconds as you get 10 messages, and so on. You can turn Smart Alerts on or off.
    sweet, if that works as advertised, that's a HUGE feature for me! I can't tell you how often I'm in a meeting and that thing starts going off like crazy because I get 10 messages in a row! A vibrate or two is one thing, but when it's going off steady for a minute, people start to wonder if it's really a phone in my pocket...

-Brian
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info KRamsauer that does sound like a great feature, looking forward to see how it works!!!!
    I think I'll upgrade!!!
    My download for the upgrade keeps stalling at 43% - the phone still responds, it just doesn't move beyond 43%. I should have plenty of space - 2.8 MB avail in RAM. anyone else seen this?
    Quote Originally Posted by iJay
    Thanks for the info KRamsauer that does sound like a great feature, looking forward to see how it works!!!!
    No problem. I just dropped them an email and they got right back to me (twice, actually).
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    From PDAApps:
    The Smart Alert system tries to double-guess when you have been active on your device and remembers when you have been last alerted using a fairly complex algorithm. The idea is to avoid vibrating your phone when you are typing, and to not ring your phone for 10 seconds as you get 10 messages, and so on. You can turn Smart Alerts on or off.
    Thank you so much for posting this! Where did you find this? There are little nagging questions like this that I have about Verichat, but I can't find any sort of user manual.
    I emailed them the question and that was the response they sent me.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I asked them for a user manual and apparently they do not have one. They just keep answering my questions one by one. Maybe they know they are moving so fast with upgrades that they don't want to write one and have to keep updating it. But I'm sure answering everyone's questions via email is time consuming as well.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)