1.    #1  

As I understand it:

A HotSync only backs up your databases, but not your applications (i.e. if I lose my data, I'll lose all the games/configs, applications, etc...).

The backup module does a full image, so if I restore from the module then I get everything, including my preferences and my applications.

What is BackupBuddy? Is it a program that works like the backup module? I tried doing a websearch, but I couldn't seem to find it, not even at PalmGearHQ.

Since I have a PC and can HotSync frequently, it seems to be a program would be just as acceptable as the backup module. Of course, if it costs the same, then I'd just go with the module...

Thanks,

------------------
    ...Jim
    I'm surprised you did not find it at PalmGear...I'm sure that's where I got my first copy. In any case, go right to the horse's mouth at: www.backupbuddy.com

I really love the program. I have seen a one or two freeware programs that claim to do the same thing as backupbuddy but I have not heard anything about them.

All I can say is that BackupBuddy has save my life [read: info] more than a few times. It's well worth the investment.

------------------
    Rick Bailey
    eFizz.com
  3.    #3  

Thanks!

Now to think, $30 for backup buddy, or $40 for backup module...

...Jim
  4. mtn
    Take a look at an app called BackupAll. I've never seen BackupBuddy, but BackupAll will back up everything, and it's free. No frills, but it does the job!

------------------
    Mark N.
    That reminds me. One of BackupBuddy's main feature is that you can select which programs to backup (do you really need all of your Avantgo data backed up?). It has a Windows interface. The free software will probably be fine if you're not concerned with backing up just certain programs.

------------------
    Rick Bailey
    eFizz.com