1.    #1  
    Maybe once a day keeps the bugs away, but it's starting to **** me off. At least once a day, my 650 will just up and reset. I could be in the middle of a call, dictating notes, reading...doesn't matter, just "BOOM" and all you see is the pretty little palmone logo and then the sprint logo.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how do I fix it? And please don't tell me I have to get a new one or go to Blackberry...haha.

Thanks for the help in advance!
    you are one of the lucky ones i average about three times a day.

Fred
    I had the same problem. Actually, mine was resetting several times a day by itself. Several people recommended backing up everything and hard resetting. After a hard reset, did a clean install of all my third party apps and it's no longer an issue.
    My 650 suffers from the same random reset as everyone elses.
    In addition, when I switch batteries, it reboots, and continues to do so until I must do a hard reset and a restore. This product has some great features, but overall, it is a real POS. It is just too quirky to be a serious product.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I have come accross this alot dating back to my T600 days. I figured it must be something I have installed that aggrevates the hell out of my T650. I ended up looking at the reset log (Dialpad ##377 dial) and noticing it was certain apps that I had installed that seems to crash unexpectedly. Once removing those apps or updating to a newer revision seemed to help alot. Now my phone mostly crashes once in a blue moon on "PHONE" which I believe it mp3ringer thats causing.
    Quote Originally Posted by CUBBIEBEAR
    My 650 suffers from the same random reset as everyone elses.
    In addition, when I switch batteries, it reboots, and continues to do so until I must do a hard reset and a restore. This product has some great features, but overall, it is a real POS. It is just too quirky to be a serious product.

I can understand your frustration - but it's clearly a software conflict if its happening when you take the battery out and put it back in. I would argue that overall it's a POS though as I've stated on another thread. As frustrating as it is, you can't blame the phone for not being 100 percent compatible with software that wasn't designed for it (and designed before it existed) - it's bound to happen unfortunately.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all the help guys.

Basically though I'm SOL and even if I took it back to Sprint, chances are I'd get another one that did the same thing? Well I'll play around with the apps and see if there is a particular one causing it, or if it's one my recorded ringers like "damigs" suggested.

Do you think it could be Sprint's very own Business Connection that could be causing it? Because I don't think it happened until after I installed that. And I even installed that on the card.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2

Do you think it could be Sprint's very own Business Connection that could be causing it? Because I don't think it happened until after I installed that. And I even installed that on the card.
    I am using BC with no problems.. I think putting it on the card is a no no... Is it trying to auto sync from the card? If so that could be the problem...

I don't know for a fact but it's just a guess on my part since I have BC working just fine from the unit....

BTW.... Do you know how to make Calendar show BC mail instead of Versamail????

Best of luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by SamCraig
    I can understand your frustration - but it's clearly a software conflict if its happening when you take the battery out and put it back in. I would argue that overall it's a POS though as I've stated on another thread. As frustrating as it is, you can't blame the phone for not being 100 percent compatible with software that wasn't designed for it (and designed before it existed) - it's bound to happen unfortunately.
    I agree 100%. Mine NEVER resets. Why?, because while loading some apps, it would reset, I delete the apps, doesn't happen. No resets in 2 weeks. It is definitely a conflict. So if you want...the POS is the software you have on your phone.
  10.    #10  
    #1 What is "POS"?

#2 The BC works fine and it's never reset during that application. And I don't know how to get calendar to show the BC view. I wish I could just sync versamail with my exchange mail instead of mail AND calendar. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    #1 What is "POS"?
    Your joking, right?
  12.    #12  
    No, I'm not joking.

Let me guess...you were the kid who was so testosterone enhanced by the time he was 7, so you walked around the playground displaying your hard-on proudly to all the other boys mocking them because they couldn't sprout wood at a whopping age of pre-pubescent 7. Meanwhile Beavis, all the girls are taunting at you and snickering behind your back because you're really just a cocky (no pun intended) ***-hole that has no chance of ever using your new found *****.

Why don't you go get a job as a security guard at Walgreens so you can pick on someone who doesn't give a ****.

Now, is there anyone of value and credibility that would like to help a person out who is trying to learn something new....something new Captain ****. Oh I guess you don't know what that is because apparently you were born with the unexplainable worldly wisdom without ever being taught.
    Millsda2

As obnoxious as you think Treo's comment was, it was hardly worth your outburst. Two wrongs don't make a right, and one little "jab" doesn't deserve a psycho analysis of someone you don't know. Sounds more like you are the one with an issue stemming from your past...
  14.    #14  
    You are absolutely right Sam. I had a bad day at work and when I looked at treo's reply, as if to imply that I was an *****, I just went off the handle.

So I apologize TreoBeard.