1.    #1  
    I got a Treo 600 2 days ago from the US (brand new). I'm in Canada.

I pulled the stylus out this morning, and the side of the casing cracked, and it is sooo tough to get the stylus out and in now. I went crazy.

My question..is this unit under warranty in Canada?

If so, what will they do to fix this?

Thx!
    If you bought on ebay most likely not. If you bought from a retailer, yes. Phone Palmone. If they know that your Palm was bought on eBay they will be less likely to help you.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks...

Darn, I just called palmOne, and this was the outcome:

They said that I could fax a proof of purchase to her and it would be covered under warranty. The problem is, is that I don't think this seller is a reseller, although his name was
    'Michigan Wireless Plus'..we'll have to see on that one..

Otherwise, it would cost approx. $235 just for the back cover to be replaced - thats insane.

I emailed the seller to ask if he could come up with an invoice.

If no luck there, I may have to go to the much higher ups. I write for a technology website, so maybe if I told the higher ups that I may get better service..I mean, I've had almost every Palm handheld..I should get better service than this - we all should!

Any ideas guys?

Thx!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the lady said that this unit was covered under warranty still..I dont want them to replace this phone, because it's unlocked...
    Last edited by The-Canadian34; 12/21/2004 at 11:38 AM.
  4.    #4  
    UPDATE: Solved. Palm is sending me another unlocked Treo..
    Dude, you're lying. Anyone who reads posts on this board knows that Palm does not provide any kind of customer satisfaction or support. You are pulling our legs.

Seriously though, glad you got a new phone.