1.    #1  
    I love this phone, but I'm getting frustrated. I've been experiencing a lot of soft resets lately. Many of them have happened when I try to answer incoming calls. Anyone have any clues as to what's causing this or what steps I can take to get them to stop. As always... thanks!
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    FWIW: I notice my soft resets increase dramatically when I have less than a meg of free RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve L.
    I love this phone, but I'm getting frustrated. I've been experiencing a lot of soft resets lately. Many of them have happened when I try to answer incoming calls. Anyone have any clues as to what's causing this or what steps I can take to get them to stop. As always... thanks!
    Just starting to have similar problem, have done a hard reset and deleting 3rd party apps to see if one of them is the problem. I had a blazer reset problem before, but that was cured when i deleted the cookie and cache files.

Now it is happening randomly it seems in any app.

I had installed:

Butler
    Aggression
    Classic Clock
    Power Up
    Kb Lights
    weekview
    screencare
    Dir Assistant
    FileZ
    Pocket Tunes Deluxe

Right now still have on

PT
    DA
    FileZ
    Kb lights

will see if that helps
    A few of us have noticed that Butler seems to be causing alot of the hotsync resets. See the thread in the Utilities section on Butler. As soon as I removed Butler from my device the hotsync resets stopped cold. I used have 10 or more resets per day. Now I have less than 1.
    The author of Butler says he is working on a fix, but it maybe a while given the fact that all these software authors use the GSM models.
    Kevin
  5.    #5  
    ##377 displays the following:
    A crash occurred on 12/22 at 2:39 PM while running "unknown application" Fatal Exception.

Anyone know what this means?
    Please see my post in this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d=1#post508011
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre