Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I always thought it was important to keep a handwriting program handy. Is Bug Me good? Any others? Does the 650 need it?
    Mgauss, be very careful if you are considering using bugme. I'm not sure if it's true or not but I have heard that certain notepad programs can cause an increase in the output of the phone's radiation. I believe this may have been established at a recent conference in Paris.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daddy1
    Mgauss, be very careful if you are considering using bugme. I'm not sure if it's true or not but I have heard that certain notepad programs can cause an increase in the output of the phone's radiation. I believe this may have been established at a recent conference in Paris.
    Daddy you kid. You kid.

(Don't look at yahoo.com news today, there is a huge story about CellPhone radiation and DNA)

But back to Bugme...
    In all seriousness, I think that bugme works fairly well. I wouldn't exactly call it 5-way compatible although it does make some use of the Treo650's 5-way pad. I've been using it for a while now and it has been quite stable. There is also integration between bugme and the Treo's other programs, for instance you can send a bugme note (I think in jpeg form) to snappermail, verichat, versamail, bluetooth, or beam.

A decent freeware alternative is Polynote. http://tinyurl.com/6ynt6 You can find the newest version on the polynote yahoo group but this link should take you to palmgear where you can read a bit about it.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Many people use Diddlebug, which works great on the 600 (not sure about the 650). It's available on palmgear or other common locations....
    I perfer Bugme because you can email handwritten notes and its more option rich.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I've had no problems with BugMe on the 650. Works great!
    Another thread here has the .prc file from the Notepad file from the Tungsten line...

no bad... choppy on the writing but certainly legible..
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    Another thread here has the .prc file from the Notepad file from the Tungsten line...

no bad... choppy on the writing but certainly legible..
    I upgraded my 600 BugMe to the 650 Palm OS 5 BugMe, and I am afraid to report that the writing is pretty choppy. I am dissapointed they could have done so much more with the screen's resolution, things are jagged.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Diddlebug, NotePad, and BugMe have all been choppy for me too. I loved how these worked on my T2. They were always of very limited value to me on the 160x160 screens.

I wonder if it is a software change in the sceen interaction that causes software that is smooth and quick on the T2 to be choppy on the 650. I half wonder if they "dumbed down" the screen sensitivity to better recognize finger presses. The processor should be fine, sceen resolution is fine. All the parts are there, but I need to write very slowly to get a smooth curve.

I now know why they didn't include NotePad in the 650.
    Everex Freestyle -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Sony CLIE -> Kyrocera 6035 -> Toshiba e740 -> Tungsten T2 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre

visorcentral -> treo|central -> pre|central.net