Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, it took me three days of wrangling and countless emails to Bob Easton, the author of ZLauncher IconSet Factory but I finally managed to put together an iconset for ZL that will allow the 22 icons that do not display on the Treo 650 with ZLauncher 5.103.

Now, this could have all just been on my Treo and no one else noticed it, but at least it solved the problem for me. So, if you have been wondering why your icons do not show on your Treo 650 with ZL5.103 without selecting the zoom icon feature in the settings; here is the answer to your question.

Just load this iconset and all your icons will be there. Please let me know if you had the same problem and if this solves it. It would make me even happier then I am [that I solved it for myself] to know that someone else was glad to have this file.

The icons are not 100% perfect and not all of them are as exactly as a vanilla Treo 650, but they are close, very close. (+10 Geek points if you can tell which one/s are not right)

I hope this makes someone else happy. I was right chuffed!

Cheers.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Thanks!!! I had exactly the same problem- in fact I think the Zlauncher people mentioned this particular issue on the web page describing some of their beta releases. Thanks again, the icons look great
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    awesome! thanks man!
  4.    #4  
    I am so glad that someone digs this. Bob Easton of ZLauncher IconSet Factory is the best. He just showed me a way to get rid of some unneeded icons and take the file size down to 18.5k On the Treo that took it from 96k to 25k, nice little savings of that precious Treo 650 RAM...

If you haven't checked out some of the Skinning Software that he has on his site, you are missing out. Easy to use, cheap or free and with great support, I highly recommend them.

http://festus440.happypalm.com/

Rev2 file is posted below.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    AWESOME. Thank you!
    Nice, definitely the Phone icon is different
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Nice! Thanks.

It's worth noting that if you load Rev2 of the icon set, the large icons aren't there and results in pixelated-looking, low-res icons if you are ever in the zoomed mode. I went back to the full set despite the size.
    Also looks like SIM Book and SIM Services icons aren't there
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Also looks like SIM Book and SIM Services icons aren't there
    Must have been done on the Sprint version
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Must have been done on the Sprint version
    Yep, I created that iconset for my Sprint Version Treo 650...sorry I don't have the icons for SimCard icons. At least you can take my iconset create the two icons that are missing and add them to the set to make yours work....it is pretty easy
    I still do not get the BT icon that shows when it's turned on / turned off even after reloading everything from scratch.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Looks like Version 5.2 addresses other issues, but not the missing icons. Sorry for the confusion. The 5way support is great.
    Last edited by jnjewlz; 04/04/2005 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Correction
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    I see no mention of it fixing missing icons in the browser, just the toolbars.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jnjewlz
    Looks like Version 5.2 addresses all this.

...no it doesn't.....
    Fantastic! Thanks Matty.
    Thanks so much for this. I am a fan of tiny icons as well. ;-) However it is not apparent to me how to insert icons for the ones that are still missing on my GSM treo 650. The ones that are missing include Camera, Sim Bk/Services.. the Sim ones I don't care, but the missing camera icon is glaring since its on my main tab. If someone can give some guidelines, I'd be grateful!
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spacebar
    Thanks so much for this. I am a fan of tiny icons as well. ;-) However it is not apparent to me how to insert icons for the ones that are still missing on my GSM treo 650. The ones that are missing include Camera, Sim Bk/Services.. the Sim ones I don't care, but the missing camera icon is glaring since its on my main tab. If someone can give some guidelines, I'd be grateful!
    Me too
    Sweet. Thanks, Matty.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Neither Icon Set worked for me. I still can't get Toolbar Icons to display for the ROM based apps. (Calc, Camera, etc)
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
    You using the right version? I've never seen a problem with ZL and the Treo 650, I think I started with version 5.2, 5.31 is latest released. Calc, Camera, etc show fine on my Cingular GSM with ROW firmware, always have.

Check the "all" tab, maybe some of them are getting into tabs you aren't seeing or something.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast