1.    #1  
    I just purchased a 650 and I've been able to synch everything except my memos. Anyone run into this issue? If so, is there a fix, or have I just overlooked something? Thanks in advance.

Quasi
    No fix that's just the way it is.. P1, for some reason, doesn't include memo syncing on macs. You can buy 3rd party software, such as "The Missing Sync" at www.markspace.com (it's expensive, however).

It's really annoying that they don't support memos. There might be other 3rd party software that will sync memos, but I don't know off the top of my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    You can buy 3rd party software, such as "The Missing Sync" at www.markspace.com (it's expensive, however).
    But boy is it worth it. WAY better than Hot Sync.
  4.    #4  
    Well, ain't that crap. Of all the things they did right ... bluetooth synching, isynch compatibility for calendars and address book. But they couldn't figure out how to synch a few text entries??? strange. No reply necessary ... just *****ing. Thanks for the info, though. I appreciate the quick response.

Q
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    No fix that's just the way it is.. P1, for some reason, doesn't include memo syncing on macs. You can buy 3rd party software, such as "The Missing Sync" at www.markspace.com (it's expensive, however).

It's really annoying that they don't support memos. There might be other 3rd party software that will sync memos, but I don't know off the top of my head.
    Actually P1 does include memo syncing on macs to Palm Desktop app. If you install the iSync conduit you manually have to move the memo conduit back into the active folder. It will then sync with Palm Desktop. I do this with a 600 and Powerbook G4.

But agreed the Missing Sync which includes a Memo app is a much better solution. I use it on my iMac to sync with a Tungsten C via WiFi.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    Actually P1 does include memo syncing on macs to Palm Desktop app. If you install the iSync conduit you manually have to move the memo conduit back into the active folder. It will then sync with Palm Desktop. I do this with a 600 and Powerbook G4.

But agreed the Missing Sync which includes a Memo app is a much better solution. I use it on my iMac to sync with a Tungsten C via WiFi.
    Please post directions on this. It's the first I've heard of it, and I'd love to know how to do this....
    Still waiting for my GSM 650, so I haven't tried it on a Treo, but I love MacNoteTaker, and use it as a replacement for Memo Pad to sync text files with my Clie from my Mac. It's sort of an old program, but it works great with OS X. There's a conduit and a Palm app. The basic idea is that it uses its own conduit to sync text files from your Mac to your Palm, and you can view and edit the files with the Palm application. You use whatever Mac text editor you want (like TextEdit -- I prefer SubEthaEdit), and tell the conduit what folder to sync. The Palm component also supports folder hierarchies, something that Memos doesn't do.

Best of all, it's free! It's become so indispensible to me that if it doesn't work when I get my 650, I may not be keeping the Treo (if any of you have tried it, let me know if it works!)

More info:
    home page: http://mac-huwis.lut.ac.uk/~wis/prog...NoteTaker.html
    versiontracker page: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/mo...edback&vid=All
    Regarding Missing Sync, has anyone else had problems with syncing? I have noticed that if you switch back and forth between the synchronization and internet sharing that the bluetooth-pda-sync port stops functioning properly, and the 650 produces an error message "PPP timeout (0x1231)". I have been in touch with Mark Space and they are not yet helpful, but hopefully after the next email exchange.

Also, a word to the wise, do not purchase Missing Sync until you have thoroughly tested it and are satisfied, because Mark Space said they would not give me a refund, even though it authorizes specific computers, and would be easy to deauthorize and deactivate your specific license.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for all the advice, however, I went ahead and purchased Missing Sync and I am STILL not able to sync my memos from Palm desktop. Any thoughts? Especially since I may not be able to get a refund ... &*@$%@$

Q
    I don't know what you are doing wrong but the 650 synchs fine with memos by default on a Mac. It uses the memos in the Palm Desktop to synch. Did you install the software from the CD? You need this for the right drivers. I have heard of people having problems when installing over previously installed software. You could try reinstalling by:

Go to /Applications and trash the Palm Desktop folder and Missing Synch if you have it. Go to /Library/Application Support and trash Palm Desktop and Palm Hotsync folder.

Empty the trash, then reinstall from CD.

If you are synching with the Mac addressbook and Calendar, reinstall the iSync palm conduit (version 1.2 is latest). Finally if you want to use Missing Sync, then reinstall it also.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I had a bear of a time getting memos to sync for me. I was using the 650 install CD version of the palm desktop, and the latest iSync for Palm and not using missing sync. I did install over the previous versions, and that may be where the problem started. My initial conclusion was the palm desktop on the CD coming with the 650 had installed a new "Memo Conduit", and it just didn't work. What I did was roll back to the previous memos conduit I had, called "Memos Conduit" (why the subtly different name? beats me!), simply by replacing "Memo Conduit" with "Memos Conduit". Both Memo Conduit and Memos Conduit are version 4.2.1, but somehow they are different. If you go to folder /Library/Application Support/Palm Hotsync/ you will find folder Conduits/ with your currently active conduits, and folder(s) with name(s) like Disabled Conduits 2 which are the older conduits that the installer saved for you. I grabbed the "Memos Conduit" out of the most recently disabled one (largest number) and replaced the "Memo Conduit" in Conduits/ with that one, and I am in business again with memo synchronization. Maybe there is a better way with a clean install as bcaslis mentions, but what I did was a fix for me. One problem was it thought the memos were up to date on my 650 when they were not, so only new or edited memos would sync. My stupid hack was to edit all the memos on my Mac, then they all synced fine and hereafter all is fine.

Scott
  12.    #12  
    I have tried every solution presented here and still cannot synch any memos!! I've added a test memo to my treo manually, but it won't sync with my mac either. I have completely deleted and then reinstalled both the palm desktop software that came with my treo (v 4.2.1) and the isync conduit. Every combination I try does not work. Even adding, and then totally replacing the 'memo conduit' as suggested did nothing. Every time I sync, the log reads "Memo conduit did nothing". I am really stuck here. I have so much important information on my memos that this just won't do. Any other ideas??

Q
    Did you try the "Memos Conduit" that I mentioned (note the s in the name)? I don't know where I got mine from but it has the same version as "Memo Conduit" (4.2.1) but it is a different size so is definitely different, and it works. My guess is it was in the previous version of the Palm Desktop that I had installed. I zipped up a copy below, let us know if it works for you. Just unzip and swap your /Library/Application Support/Palm HotSync/Conduits/Memo Conduit for this one.

By the way, just to be sure I just synched some memos and it worked in both directions. Also, I tried swapping back the 650 CD version of Memo Conduit (no s) and it is still failing, and swapping back to Memo*s* version it is working again. So at least for me this is definitely a fix.

Scott
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Agree with the above poster that memo syncing is included by default on with the Treo 650 software CD and palm desktop. Mine sync fine without any problems or additions beyond the basic install. The conduit is "Memos" as noted above. If you already had a previous version of palm desktop installed, do not futz around with the conduits. It appears you will have the old conduits (address, datebook, memo, todo) and new conduits which provide improved sync with Outlook (contacts, calendar, memos, tasks). Just leave them all in the conduits folder (Library/ApplicationSupport/Hotsync/Conduits). There is a conduit conflict notifier that runs with each hotsync and will determine which to run. I ran into myriad problems trying to remove the old conduits because I thought they were redundent. But, remember, there are comparable databases on the handheld for both the old AND new conduits. That doubling up of databases is a major complaint of the Treo650! But, without all 8 conduits in the folder, my syncs do not perform properly. Just a suggestion in the hopes that it's helpful.
    As the previous two poster pointed out, your problem is you don't have the "Memos Conduit", not the "Memo Conduit". There are two because different Palm models have used different ones.

Go into /Library/Application Support/Palm Hotsync/Disabled Conduits and there is probably a "Memos Conduit" there. Move that into /Library/Application Support/Palm Hotsync/Conduits and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasidandy
    I have tried every solution presented here and still cannot synch any memos!! I've added a test memo to my treo manually, but it won't sync with my mac either. I have completely deleted and then reinstalled both the palm desktop software that came with my treo (v 4.2.1) and the isync conduit. Every combination I try does not work. Even adding, and then totally replacing the 'memo conduit' as suggested did nothing. Every time I sync, the log reads "Memo conduit did nothing". I am really stuck here. I have so much important information on my memos that this just won't do. Any other ideas??

Q
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I just bought an app called Sticky Brain, which is a great desktop note manager. The thing that pushed me over the edge to purchase was the new Palm sync feature, where you can sync to the Memo Pad. Works great right of the box - makes everything feel much more Mac like as you can take Palm Desktop and hide it away.