1.    #1  
    I recall reading of a Jabra headset coming out in January that had caller id on the earpiece. I'm looking for a headset that has quality sound. I had the 250, but lost it. So I'm looking for another. I don't care about caller id at all, in fact I barely have enough time to stuff that thing on my ear. I would think this is the major problem with all Bluetooth headsets. I suppose the caller id would be great if you could actually walk 30 feet away like the claim is, but it's more like 5 feet. The other problem is I put my Treo 650 in my pant pocket, shirt or jacket pocket a lot and you can't use the headset doing this. I'm I the only one that questions the true value of this gadget?

Edit: Forgot to make a point or question. So is there a headset that will work with a phone in a pocket? Will BT actually work for 30 feet as advertised? Is there newer wireless technology on the horizon? When will these be out? For now, I don't really care I lost my BT 250. I'll probably find it in the dryer, in my jean pocket.
    Last edited by Advance The Man; 12/20/2004 at 07:24 PM. Reason: to actually make a point
    I think it was the Jabra BT800 that was on the horizon. Saw a pic on endgadget.com I think it was. Very nice, but I need one now, so I ordered a Sony Ericsson HBH-660.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Bluespoon AX - tiny...

charging now!

results soon.

regards,
    dolo
    .:Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around:.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dolo
    Bluespoon AX - tiny...

charging now!

results soon.

regards,
    dolo
    Interesting, did a search it is so small! Let us know your results.
    Quote Originally Posted by dolo
    Bluespoon AX - tiny...

charging now!

results soon.

regards,
    dolo
    Yes Yes let us know
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Yes Yes let us know
    dammmit it's been 10 minutes give us an update!

Seriously, I researched it a bit and it is by far the smallest I've seen. More than half the weight of the Jabra 250! I don't see how anyone will be able to hear you with the lack of any type of 'boom' mic. But, I hope it works for you and I'm intereste as well. Where did you buy it, could you please post the site?

Also, the obvious (i think) you do have a 650 don't you? How did you know it would be compatible?
  7.    #7  
    Could it be any smaller! The two on the far left.
    How long does it take to charge!!

Sheesh!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    How long does it take to charge!!

Sheesh!
    Dolo appears to be MIA. I have seen his posts on howards forum (another gadget forum) and he appeared not to be too impressed. I asked him on that forum for his thoughts, but he didn't reply. Others were also complaining of static.

I am receiving a Cardo Scala 500 Bluetooth Headset from Ecost ($41.95). It's super cheap, smaller than the 250 and has gotten very good reviews from 650 owners. I'll check back tonight after I've tested it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Dolo appears to be MIA. I have seen his posts on howards forum (another gadget forum) and he appeared not to be too impressed. I asked him on that forum for his thoughts, but he didn't reply. Others were also complaining of static.

I am receiving a Cardo Scala 500 Bluetooth Headset from Ecost ($41.95). It's super cheap, smaller than the 250 and has gotten very good reviews from 650 owners. I'll check back tonight after I've tested it.
    Hey gents.

my apologies - there is another thread open called bluespoon AX.

This is where my discussions have been focused.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=65845

my opinions and thoughts are there.

All in all - it appears to be a beaut! However my unit is not 100% and nextlink and my resource through which i purchased it from has been nothing short of amazing. i have the utmost confidence with them.

happy holidays all to you all.

Regards,
    dolo
    .:Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around:.
    Advance the man, i had the Jabra, and was not thrilled with it's performance either. I only used it briefly while my SE HBH 660 was on it's way. I have that now, and must say i'm amazed.

I can have the treo in my pocket and it works fine, no static whatsoever. In my office, before i couldn't get up from my desk, now, i can literally get up and walk out the door of my office and still hear crystal clear with no static at all.

The caller ID i somewhat of a gimic, but i'd rather have that than a constanly flashing light to tell me what's happnening. On a call to the bahams yesterday, i was told i sounded like i was on a land line, even walking through wind and rain, and driving home in the same conditions. I must say, after the BT 250, i don't have a ton of faith in the next Jabra offering. I loved their wired headsets for my old phone, but they're not up to snuff with the Bluetooth yet.
    I just bought a Jabra and it produces so much static if the phone is more than 6 inches from the ear piece. I have to rest the phone on my shoulder to stop the static. Everyone says they don't hear the loud crackling static on the other end. I have a neck problem and can't hold a phone for a long time to my ear so I need advice on what kind of blue tooth ear piece I can use with my phone in my pocket. I had a Motorola H500 but people said it was difficult to hear me, I am ready to trash my treo if I can't find something.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I think I have tried over 8 different bluetooth headsets. None of them were perfect. I think it's a conspiracy to keep me buying new headsets looking for
    the holy grail
    Wow. Good job digging up this almost three year old thread. If you'll scan this Bluetooth forum, you will see a number of good headsets, including the Samsung wep200, Jawbone, and Z9.