1.    #1  
    Just came across this poll at CNET. It's between the iPod and the Treo 650.

CNET's Sunday Smackdown: iPod vs. Treo 650

Since I use my Treo 650 far way more than I do with my iPod, I voted for the Treo 650. But the Treo 650 is losing!

Current Poll results:
    Apple iPod: 58.8%
    PalmOne Treo 650: 41.2%

VOTE!!
    Bah, the iPod wins since there's no Treo650 GSM to have in hand :/
    What's the point of this poll again?
    I voted for the iPod. It has more useable memory and better sound quality than the Treo 650.
    This is why I don't understand the iPod. Who needs 20 gb of music at one time? I don't even have 20 gb of music on my computer... until a year ago I didn't even have a 20 gb hard drive on my computer. Plus can your iPod play Old School? My treo 650 can, not to mention it can make phone calls, check email and a hell of a lot more.

On another note, why can't they figure out how to put these iPod hard drives in Treo's? Seriously?
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I voted for the iPod. It has more useable memory and better sound quality than the Treo 650.
    Very true, except you can't make phone calls or browse the web on your ipod, but you can play music on your treo. You can't stream music to your ipod either.

That said, I own an iPod and a Treo. I use my treo as a PDA and phone, I use my ipod to listen to music in the car, at home and at the office. Shoutcast & ptunes are sweet, I might actually buy ptunes at somepoint... although not until I have an excuse to order the headset adapter for the Treo (LAME that it doesn't come with the device since they advertise the mp3 player as a feature).

I had to vote for iPod, reason being, the people I buy gifts for already have cell phones, they are all refuse to change to sprint and except for my wife, I wouldn't buy them a $600 gift (I did get my wife a Treo 650 for christmas).

The Treo is also too much tech for most people on my list, however they all listen to music and audio books and the ipod is no more complex then a walkman except for how you load the music.

In my case, I don't care which device wins the poll, they are both worthy. I love my ipod for listening to music and I love my treo for on-the-go communications ... and everything else it does.

-Sam
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    As a Christmas gift, the iPod is definitely the better choice. The Treo 650 isn't cool for everyone...the iPod is something more poeple want and more people would actually make use of.
    Ok, iPod's a great music storage/playback device. But it can't make a phone call, manage a busy schedule, maintain an important list of contact info, get and send email, surf the web.... advantage by a mile....Treo 650!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    As a Christmas gift, the iPod is definitely the better choice. The Treo 650 isn't cool for everyone...the iPod is something more poeple want and more people would actually make use of.
    I disagree, what's not cool about music, and picture phone, and web browsing and video games and... ?
    The poll, IMHO is silly. It's apples (no pun intended) and oranges just because both happen to play mp3s. What's the next poll - a 6 megapixel camera vs. the treo?
    My Treo 650 with sd card carries about 5 or 6 albums. My Ipod holds 30 gb of music. And since I have been using StationRipper, my collection of music has grown to 78 gb.

A lot to be said for having all your music available whenever you want it. Of course, I don't always want to carry 2 devices so sometimes, I just carry the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SamCraig
    The poll, IMHO is silly. It's apples (no pun intended) and oranges just because both happen to play mp3s. What's the next poll - a 6 megapixel camera vs. the treo?
    Nah.. It will be a Treo versus a secretary.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobva6
    figure out how to put these iPod hard drives in Treo's? Seriously?
    Ipod harddrives are huge, relative to the Treo. The ones in the mini (CF cards, really) may work and the smallest ones out there (the height and width of an SD card) would work.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Guys...it's a poll about which of the two is a better gift. It isn't comparing the fuctionality of the devices or anything else. It is about which one would be bettter to give or to receive as a present.

The Treo is a much better phone and communicator for obvious reasons. The iPod is a much better music device. I have both and know the difference! The iPod is more appealing for more people though, not including those of us here of course...wow...some serious Treo lovers here!
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Just came across this poll at CNET. It's between the iPod and the Treo 650.

CNET's Sunday Smackdown: iPod vs. Treo 650

Since I use my Treo 650 far way more than I do with my iPod, I voted for the Treo 650. But the Treo 650 is losing!

Current Poll results:
    Apple iPod: 58.8%
    PalmOne Treo 650: 41.2%

VOTE!!
    Given no wifi, poor memory...IPOD deserves to win! Everyone shouldvote IPOD!

This is a stupid poll. If your comparing as a MP3 player iPod wins hands down. As a phone/PDA 650 wins hands down. What exactly are we suppose to compare here?
    My iPod is 60GB and not only holds my music and photos, but all my backup files. I can even install Mac OS X and boot from it as a portable hard drive,
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>