1.    #1  
    Anyone out there could you please spare a minute? I cannot load software on my visor, I can unzip the files but to where? I'm putting them in program files\palm\add-on and when i run install it isn't there. I know this is a moronic question but i'm stuck.
    Placing the files in the addon folder isn't enough. (Assuming you're using the Palm Desktop) you click on "install" and then "add." Then you find the files you want to install, click "done" and you're all set for the next time you hotsync. Some folks have reported problems with installing more than five programs at a time, but I've installed a slew of stuff together and never had any trouble at all. You'll have to read the posts and decide on your own willingness to risk that.

One more thing...you don't have to have everything in your "addon" folder. If you've unzipped everything to that folder you've already found that certain files, like readmes, will want to overwrite what's there. I just keep everything unzipped into their own folders in the default "unzipped" folder and go there to choose the items I want to install. That way all the associated files stay neatly together.

Hope this helps.
    I am not an expert at this either, but it sounds like you are doing the right thing. You have to open it to the add-on file in your palm software. When you hit the install button, you get a blank white box. Click on the "add" button until you see the application you want to install. Then click "done". It won't load onto your Visor until you hotsync it. That's the only suggestion I have, but if it doesn't help let me know and I will see if I can help.

FYI, the only way I learned what little I know, is because my brother has a Visor and showed me how to do all of this.

Good luck
    ...or, just go to the directory you are unzipping into and just double click the files you want to install. Your computer should recognize them as Palm apps, and automatically launch the installer. Once the installer is open you can also drag-and-drop more apps into the installer.

tyler

[This message has been edited by tyler (edited 01-23-2000).]