Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    All,

I have just put together a partial fix for the Bt Headset volume problem. This program will detect the BT headset or a wired headset and toggle the mute button for you automatically. I am still unsure if it will completely do away with the hitting a button after you do the mute thing. Time will tell. I ahve tested this program with the HBH660 BT headset.

In the mean time this is an app that will automate the myte toggle and give you loader volume 90% of the time.

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 12/20/2004 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Repost Forgot to give BTmute an icon
    Works with the Motorola 820 - Nice job!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgilman
    Works with the Motorola 820 - Nice job!
    Thanks! Did you try both outgoing and incoming calls?
    Seems to work with the Logitech Mobile Freedom Bluetooth...

Now if only it would keep things louder after I press a number on the keypad... that causes the volume to get lower again.
    tested incoming and outgoing
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    Seems to work with the Logitech Mobile Freedom Bluetooth...

Now if only it would keep things louder after I press a number on the keypad... that causes the volume to get lower again.
    I'll keep checking but I'm not real hopeful about that one. I am glad to hear this is working 90+% of the time though. This was really wanted by those that are traveling in their car with high background noise. In those situations you shouldn't be playing with the keyboard anyway.

Jeff
    I still had to mute on/off to increase the volume. I installed the app. Is it supposed to work by itsel or am I supposed to run it before/during/after initiating a call?
    Everything works now, the 1.0.1 wasn't as good. Nice job!
    -=mUnky=-

mUnkys.COM
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 650now
    I still had to mute on/off to increase the volume. I installed the app. Is it supposed to work by itsel or am I supposed to run it before/during/after initiating a call?
    You need to run the program and enable the mute option in the main screen.

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff, but run it when?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I'll keep checking but I'm not real hopeful about that one. I am glad to hear this is working 90+% of the time though. This was really wanted by those that are traveling in their car with high background noise. In those situations you shouldn't be playing with the keyboard anyway.

Jeff

An call waiting incoming call also reduces the volume

Any idea why the mute increases it to begin with?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by 650now
    Thanks Jeff, but run it when?
    Sorry about that answer!

You only need to run it once and enable the option. From then on it should automatically detect your phone call and if it is via BT, it should do its magic!

What type of headset are you using?

Jeff
    Well, good job. I'll down load it tonight, HOWEVER, I want to be very clear this is a TEMPORARY fix. PalmOne? Get off your asses and get a software patch out ASAP!!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Sorry about that answer!

You only need to run it once and enable the option. From then on it should automatically detect your phone call and if it is via BT, it should do its magic!

What type of headset are you using?

Jeff
    Thanks again for your efforts and communications. I'm using the Body Glove Blue Voice.
    Kudo's , works beuatifully on my Moto HS820 Bluetooth Headset, one thing...when you press a number key during the call it negates the mute function and lowers the volume.
    Thanks Jeff!!!!

(now about that power up reset loop??)
    On my 650, the mute trick only seems to work 50-60% of the time. Any idea why that is?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Thanks Jeff!!!!

(now about that power up reset loop??)
    I have a new release. perhaps it will help the problem. I re-architected the backend a bit. I've put it in my developer forum section of TC.
    Jeff - thanks for the effort. V. 1.1 is definitely better than the first release (which did nothing for me) but there's still some work to do. Testing on a Sprint 650 with the Sony Ericsson HBH-65. Basically, the patch works on just the first outgoing call made after turning on the 65 and it automatically connects to the Treo (I had already paired it). After that call, ended using either the nav button on the Treo or the action button on the 65, the patch no longer works.

Has that been your experience?

YoungTurk
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungTurk
    Jeff - thanks for the effort. V. 1.1 is definitely better than the first release (which did nothing for me) but there's still some work to do. Testing on a Sprint 650 with the Sony Ericsson HBH-65. Basically, the patch works on just the first outgoing call made after turning on the 65 and it automatically connects to the Treo (I had already paired it). After that call, ended using either the nav button on the Treo or the action button on the 65, the patch no longer works.

Has that been your experience?

YoungTurk
    Well I suspect that the phone app is doing some very strange things internally. I will bet that if you exit the phone app and then launch it again, that your volume will again be increased.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast