Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Well I suspect that the phone app is doing some very strange things internally. I will bet that if you exit the phone app and then launch it again, that your volume will again be increased.
    You're absolutely right! I pushed the envelope button on the Treo, which took me to Versamail. I didn't ask Versamail to get me new emails. I then pushed the phone button on the Treo which took me back to the phone app. On the Treo, I scrolled to the Voicemail favorite button and selected it. The call was placed, was immediately transferred to the HBH-65, and within a second of that, the selector on the Treo automatically made the microphone screen active and the volume on the headset increased.

    I then ended that call from the Treo, then, without exiting the phone app, selected the Voicemail favorite button, selected it and the call was placed, but the volume did not increase.

    Thanks for all your efforts. Hope this helps you.

    YoungTurk
  2. #22  
    I knew it was the phone app causing the probs.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    All,

    I have just put together a partial fix for the Bt Headset volume problem. This program will detect the BT headset or a wired headset and toggle the mute button for you automatically. I am still unsure if it will completely do away with the hitting a button after you do the mute thing. Time will tell. I ahve tested this program with the HBH660 BT headset.

    In the mean time this is an app that will automate the myte toggle and give you loader volume 90% of the time.

    Jeff
    Jeff:

    What do I have to do to install the app and to "enable" it? Thanks,

    Matt
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by litigator201
    Jeff:

    What do I have to do to install the app and to "enable" it? Thanks,

    Matt
    Pretty simple actually. HotSync it to your Treo. Then open the application and enable the only option on the page. From then on, if it detects a headset of any type, it will do its best to kick up the volume of your headset.

    Does this help?

    Jeff
  5. #25  
    Jeff, the app works some of the time, but I'd say only about 50%. Also, during a long call this evening it just cut out, and I had to call the person back. No other calls were coming in, and I didn't press any buttons. In fact, my Treo was dormant (almost black screen) when it went out. Is it not working because I'm doing something wrong? Either way, I reiterate, PalmOne? Fix this now! Its ridiculous, pure and simple.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Jeff, the app works some of the time, but I'd say only about 50%. Also, during a long call this evening it just cut out, and I had to call the person back. No other calls were coming in, and I didn't press any buttons. In fact, my Treo was dormant (almost black screen) when it went out. Is it not working because I'm doing something wrong? Either way, I reiterate, PalmOne? Fix this now! Its ridiculous, pure and simple.
    Don't know what to say. I built this app in response to people asking for an automated solution to the manual mute button trick to increase the volume. If I had the source code for the phone application, I could do much more. I agree that this has to be fixed ASAP. I just hope this workaround helps people better use their 650's!

    Jeff
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Don't know what to say. I built this app in response to people asking for an automated solution to the manual mute button trick to increase the volume. If I had the source code for the phone application, I could do much more. I agree that this has to be fixed ASAP. I just hope this workaround helps people better use their 650's!

    Jeff
    Your work is appreciated!!!
  8. #28  
    Do you think you'll combine this and powerup so they'll both run after a reset?
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydu3
    Do you think you'll combine this and powerup so they'll both run after a reset?
    I think this sounds like a pretty decent idea. I know that powerup will run after a reset, but does the bluetooth utility currently run after a reset (or do we have to renable it each time)?
  10. #30  
    ...don't take my frustration the wrong way. You have been a tremendous help. Its just very hard when a certain feature was your biggest reason for upgrading, and it doesn't work. Then to hear other people with a viable work around, only to find that for some stupid reason that doesn't seem to work for you either? Well, let's say "frustrating" isn't quite the right way of saying that. "Argh! Hulk SMASH!" is actually closer to accurate.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    I think this sounds like a pretty decent idea. I know that powerup will run after a reset, but does the bluetooth utility currently run after a reset (or do we have to renable it each time)?
    I blew it didn't I!!!! I will release a new build later this morning. It's no big deal to have it re-enable itself - I just plain forgot to add that feature.

    Jeff
  12.    #32  
    A new build of BTmute is now available in my Developers Area that now re-enables itself after a soft reset.

    Enjoy......

    Jeff
  13. #33  
    I see no one has mentioned this since the latest update, so I'll say it; Thanks Jeff!! I've taken advantage of the auto reloading twice already.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I see no one has mentioned this since the latest update, so I'll say it; Thanks Jeff!! I've taken advantage of the auto reloading twice already.
    You are welcome and thanks for the complement!

    If you didn't see already, I put out a new build tonight that now takes into account headset status on outgoing calls. Also puts the focus back on the hangup button on outgoing calls.

    Jeff
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    You are welcome and thanks for the complement!

    If you didn't see already, I put out a new build tonight that now takes into account headset status on outgoing calls. Also puts the focus back on the hangup button on outgoing calls.
    I didn't notice the newest version. I'm getting it now. Thanks again, we really appreciate the development!
  16. #36  
    jeff,

    Have you figured out anything about why this is happening?
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    jeff,

    Have you figured out anything about why this is happening?
    What do you mean? The volume problem in general? I really don't know!?!?

    What I can tell you is that there is some strange things going on inside this Treo 650. While this "hack" improves the volume by about 80% it quickly disappears if you press any button on your phone or get a call while you are on a call. If either of these events happen your volume drops back to the pre-BTmute fix for the duration of that call.

    I thought that maybe if you exited the phone app and re-entered it during the call that maybe it would allow you to boost the volume again. But NO. Looks like the phone apps remains in control of the call even if you leave the GUI application and return again.

    Hope this helps and even more I hope that P1 fixes this problem ASAP.

    Jeff
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    All,

    I have just put together a partial fix for the Bt Headset volume problem. This program will detect the BT headset or a wired headset and toggle the mute button for you automatically. I am still unsure if it will completely do away with the hitting a button after you do the mute thing. Time will tell. I ahve tested this program with the HBH660 BT headset.

    In the mean time this is an app that will automate the myte toggle and give you loader volume 90% of the time.

    Jeff
    Jeff,

    Thanks very much for the btmute utility. It does indeed bring the volume on my Motorola HS810 up to a level that makes it usable in my car. I am a curious to know why -- what exactly does it do, what does the phone's mute function have to do with the lousy volume level in provides to a bt headset?

    Thanks --

    Brian
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Balarama
    Jeff,

    Thanks very much for the btmute utility. It does indeed bring the volume on my Motorola HS810 up to a level that makes it usable in my car. I am a curious to know why -- what exactly does it do, what does the phone's mute function have to do with the lousy volume level in provides to a bt headset?

    Thanks --

    Brian
    You are very welcome and thanks for the kind words.

    As for what makes it work? Its a secret!!

    But seriously, I have no idea why it works. Truely backmagic. All I can say is that I hope that P1 puts this in their list of things that they fix ASAP.

    Jeff
  20. #40  
    Jeff,

    For what it's worth, I was speaking to a P1 tech on an unrelated issue and asked him about this. His response was "we knew nothing about this before the release of the 650 but now that it has been brought to our attention we are working on a patch". This guy was not exactly the brightest bulb on the christmas tree, and a few questions made it slightly obvious that he had been coached not to admit that Palm knew anything about this prior to the release of the 650. Yeah, right -- you guys never noticed, you're completely innocent of anything like a greedy corporate release of a known defective product, you would never do anything like that. Why, I can practically see their halos glowing. In fact, I feel so good about the honesty and integry of the PalmOne corporation that I'm going to go right out and purchase several more very expensive Palm1 products right now!

    Sorry.

    I'm afraid my curiosity is still bugging me. Would you kindly answer the following question for me?

    --> Is there some control I could activate on my Treo that does the same thing as your BTMute program?

    Thanks --

    Brian
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions