Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Are there any other folks out there who use RSA's SecurID or another token for two-factor authentication? Any Exchange Admins?

I am able to successfully setup VersaMail to run with ActiveSync over the air, but only if I allow direct access to port 443 on my front-end Exchange server from all IP addresses, which is not an option. And we can't tell users to use MovianVPN or another IPSec VPN solution for the Palm, since they don't exist yet(Will they ever???). Details - http://www.palmone.com/us/wireless/vpn/.

Our current setup uses Exchange 2003's forms based authentication, where when a user connects from outside the corporate intranet, they are redirected to a web page by the Exchange Server and required to enter their SecurID credentials. This works fine with Webmail and PocketPC devices when using ActiveSync wirelessly, but VersaMail just chokes when the redirection to that webpage occurs.

Is there a way to set this up so VersaMail understands how to handle the redirection request?

The below webpage indicates it is possible, but provides no white paper guidance - just "Consult your organization's IT department for more information." I am part of IT and if I could find some documentation on VersaMail I'd start there, but it seems to be a very mysterious program.

Does anyone have ANY ideas? I tried to call PalmOne's support, but could not get past the Tier 1 support in India with canned responses. I'm currently on hold with Tier 2 support at Sprint PCS.

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/...17681)#security

"Some extremely security-conscious organizations may require users to go through a proxy server, or login using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) before using Exchange ActiveSync. VersaMail on the Treo smartphone will cooperate with VPN clients and proxy servers. Consult your organization's IT department for more information."

Note - I also posted this discussion in the Communications forum, but I'm thinking it will get more exposure in here.
    Last edited by Snyder81; 12/20/2004 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Wanted title to match search result for ActiveSync
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    FYI - When I disable IP restrictions(anyone can connect and try to authenticate), VersaMail works fine with ActiveSync. However, as soon as I enable SecurID authentication in Exchange for ActiveSync, VersaMail takes a long time to time out and gives the following error: "There was a problem syncing messages.(0003) There was a problem connecting to your server. Check your network or server settings and try again."