Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Marc - I downloaded 17.8, installed it and proceeded to create another account. Which unbeknownst to me at the time was a duplicate account / folder. Now I can not change folders without causing a reset. Any thoughts on how to delete the errant folder?

Dunc
  2.    #62  
    Sorry about that... I'd "Shutdown CE" then use FileZ to delete the database of the duplicate. It would likely be called <accountname>ChatterDB.

Marc
    Alright, I got things straightened out. Took awhile, I couldn't shut down Chatter without getting a dozen beeps and a reset. And the <accountname>ChatterDB was locked. So, I deleted ChatterExg, and ChatterUtils, then reset the Treo. That removed the lock on the <accountname>chatterDB, so I deleted it and then hotsynced the app back on. Now everything seems to be working fine.

Now I'd like to get back to what I originally wanted to do. I run my own mailserver (Dovecot), I have my account and many of its folders polled by Chatter. I want to add another account on my mail server to Chatter too. The warning "Make sure you do not create duplicate accounts (accounts with the same server and login names)", and what just happened, has me slightly concerned though. Can I have multiple accounts, from the same server on Chatter?

Dunc
    I'm thinking, after further review, that multiple accounts just doesn't work. As I said, earlier, the server is mine so I created another domain and had the second user login to that domain - to avoid the warning issue. Chatter goes into a reset loop as soon as I try to access either account. Coupled with the enable radio, activate chatter options, the reset loop is now non-stop!

Dunc
  5.    #65  
    Dunc - I have four accounts in Chatter and they all work just fine. Maybe something else is going on. What you can't have are multiple accounts that have the same host name and login name. There shouldn't be a problem with multiple accounts on the same host.

Marc
    I too have multiple accounts on the same server. One has multiple folders and the other has just one. But, I did create them a few versions ago. I haven't had a problem with the multiple account thing.

-Sim
    &nbsp;
    NoisyGecko
    I upgraded to 17.9 this morning (from (17.6). Although I have all email notification preferences set to "LED", the Treo 600 (cingular) suddenly began multiple loud "Alarm" beeps. I tapped the "on" button to see what was going on & the phone wouldn't light up. After some delay, it did light up & froze on the dreaded WSoD ("White Screen of Death"). I had to reset the phone via the reset hole in the back.
    I use Radio Control to manage on & off times and turning the radio on after soft reset. Chatter Preferences for "Auto Start on Reset" and "Turn on Radio at Reset" are unchecked. Thoughts?
  8.    #68  
    atbodamer - A log would be VERY helpful if this continues. As a debugging check, I trigger the alarm sound when I detect that memory has been corrupted.

Marc

p.s. I don't know what RadioControl does; have you been using it for long?
    ok.. I'll start a log..
    Radio Control (http://www.clanhobbs.org/treo/) allows you to set automatic on and off times for your wireless network access, saving battery life. Also allows you to specify whether or not you want the radio to turn on automatically following a soft reset.
    I've been using it since last spring.
    My Treo started doing a repeated alarm sound this morning at home. It wouldn't respond, and the screen was off. I finally reset it. I figured it wasn't Chatter related, but am not sure what would have caused it. That was before updating to 17.9.

I turned on logging and a little while ago I got the repeated alarm sound again. (Marc, I am trying to send that right now. It appears to be a big log file...) I think I installed 17.9 after that, so I am not sure what version I was running.

I don't have auto restart for Chatter, and I think my Treo reset last night, so Chatter probably shouldn't have even been on this morning. So I not really sure it is Chatter related.

-Sim
    &nbsp;
    NoisyGecko
  11.    #71  
    It's Chatter, I'm pretty sure... I sent you a test version to help debug...

Marc
    Marc,
    The new icon notification on the phone application for new mail is just great. Terrific job.
    How do you enable the msg icon to appear in the phone app (I have a Treo 600)?
  14.    #74  
    jsgreen - All you have to do is buy a T650...
    I was afraid of that.
    Most of the time when I switch between folder views and am sitting on the last message all the way at the bottom, the scrollbar indicator has a bit of space below it. So I don't know that it is the last message. Sometimes the space is large enough that it seems obvious there are more messages, but when I either use the 5 way to move further down, or scroll, the space goes to nothing and there are no more messages.

-Sim
    &nbsp;
    NoisyGecko
    re: the "improved message screen" in 17.10. The message window is not quite covering up all of the listings underneath...the bottom of the "new" button shows through & the top of the antenna icon in the upper right corner shows...
    I just realized that the "Date:" field for messages are showing up one hour off for me. Not sure if this has been true for a while or not.

Basically I noticed it because it was showing the date for some recent messages as 1/6, rather than the time. These are messages received within the past hour. It seems to be showing the times as in the future by one hour.

My Date & Time preference for Time Zone is set to "USA (Eastern)", and Daylight Saving set to "Off".

-Sim
    &nbsp;
    NoisyGecko
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    jsgreen - All you have to do is buy a T650...
    Marc,
    The message icon does not always show up when i get new mail. I'm just wondering how is it currently set to show up?
    Hey Marc,

Is there any way to get Chatter info to replace the Versamail info in the Agenda view of the Calendar App? Just curious
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast