Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Marc,

the newest is working for me now except for the folder reload. I have to manually type in the folder names and of course I forgot they were case sensitive. I sent you a log so maybe you could ascertain the issue with the folder reload.

I like the new look too.
    still no reload on the folders and I am getting double messages in my inbox.

Have a Merry Christmas Marc.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  3.    #43  
    woof - It sounds like there's a folder issue related to moving from the 15's to the 17's. Have you tried getting rid of all your folders and starting fresh? (I know that can be painful). A log would show me what's going on with folder list loading...

Marc
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Wow, starting with b17.5 Chatter has been incredibly stable. I usually get great reception except in my office where it comes and goes. It has really seemed like Chatter got unstable after I lost carrier a few times. But I didn't have anything concrete to be able to report. Glad to hear you found a bug related to losing carrier. Chatter seems very stable now!

Thanks!!
  5.    #45  
    The most recent version(s) work on both. What version are you using now?

Marc
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Marc. I am switching from a GSM Treo 600 to a CDMA Treo 650. Anything I should do about ChatterMail? Would the ChatterMail I use right now (GSM; T600) will work with T650 CDMA? Thanks
    Chick-Dance -

I just upgraded from to Sprint 650 from a VZW 600. To avoid all heartache (all my data is on a SD card), I did the 17.5 complete installation and then did the 17.6 upgrade. Other than now better understanding how poor the VZW data network actually is (it caused numerous 5.35 SMTP authentication errors for no apparent reason, constant green lights, calls lost to voicemail) Chatter on the 650 has been fabulous. The 650 processing is much quicker, the look is way better (combo of the fonts and high res) and the service has been great. Even though Sprint and VZW are both CDMA carriers, VZW without a doubt has network issues which make it an iffy proposition to use as your primary data provider for the Treo. And Mark can verify that I gave them a good shot due to the prospective advantage for coverage.

So the answer to your question is a definite yes
    just loaded 17.6 and now whenever I hit New it resets the phone. I get mail great but no sending apparently.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    no smtp profile setup will cause the soft reset. Set it up and now it works fine.
    — Ed Howdershelt
  9.    #49  
    Oops! I'll have to fix that...

Marc
    Hi Marc -

Did something change between 17.6 and 17.7 for what Chatter does when the Treo is reset? 17.6 works fine, but 17.7 puts my Treo into an endless reset loop. I've been able to figure out the conflict: I have a program called "Treo Technician" that turns on the radio automatically after a reset. When I disable Treo Technician, Chatter works fine; when it's enabled, I get the reset loop, every time. (Note: There are several other programs that turn the radio on after a reset - among them are LightWav and PowerUp. I tried each of these also and the same problem occurs.) It's almost like they're competing for the use of the radio. Have had to revert to 17.6.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jesse
    Last edited by jberman; 12/31/2004 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Clarification.
  11.    #51  
    Don't use TreoTechnician is my suggestion. Or turn off "Auto-Start" in Chatter.

There aren't any changes between 17.6 and 17.7 that would explain what you're seeing, by the way, but a radio conflict sounds likely.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Don't use TreoTechnician is my suggestion. Or turn off "Auto-Start" in Chatter.
    Auto-Start was never on, and I didn't change any of the settings between 17.6 and 17.7 other than installing the new version. Something else in Chatter has definitely changed (since the last version) that's killing my current configuration. Oh well, thanks anyway...... :-(

Followup: TreoHelper seems to enable the radio on startup OK without interfering with Chatter operations.
    Last edited by jberman; 12/31/2004 at 07:03 PM.
    just wondering the status on attaching videos in chatter?
  14.    #54  
    jimmydu3 - Hi. It should be by next week.

Marc
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Marc,

I've notice problems before with multiple apps trying to touch the same system resource. Folks here were noticing problems with two apps trying to do startup actions. In the past I have noticed problems with two apps trying to change the LED. Is there any chance that ChatterEmail could check voicemail status and change the LED for both voicemail and email?? Then it could be my only app that touches the LED. With all the Treo650 stability problems I am really trying to reduce the number of apps that I have touching system resources. I don't want to be the proponent of feature creep, but when I saw that you were now turning on the radio, it really struck me as a good idea to reduce the number of apps doing system "things".

Dave
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Speaking of the LED, would it be hard to turn off the LED if the new email is read somewhere else?? When new email arrives, Chatter properly turns my LED orange. But if I read the email on my desktop, the LED stays orange. Often I have even deleted the message, then later I pick up the phone, see the orange LED and assume that I have new messages. But when I go into Chatter, there are no new messages and I have to remember that I read email elsewhere.

It's not critical, but it sure would be slick.

Dave
  17.    #57  
    carrel - I have the LED thing on my list, although it's a bit tricky. Also, I can look at the voicemail issue...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by jberman
    17.6 works fine, but 17.7 puts my Treo into an endless reset loop.
    Fixed in 17.8... thanks Marc!

Now if only there was some way to type the first few letters of the folder name in the "Folder Browser" screen to jump to that folder.... for those of us who have hundreds of folders on our IMAP server..... Is that on your radar screen?
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    carrel - I have the LED thing on my list, although it's a bit tricky. Also, I can look at the voicemail issue...

Marc
    Marc,

the completely proper thing is to track each new message and only turn off the LED notification if they ALL have been read. But it might be easier to just track each mailbox, and if ANY status changes in a mailbox that had new mail, then turn off the LED. (Actually OR the status for each mailbox.) This assumes that if someone was changing message status anywhere in that mailbox, then they must already know that new mail arrived. It's not perfect, but probably easier to implement. And for me it would certainly be sufficient.

This also assumes that I am correctly understanding your reason for saying that this is tricky.

Thanks!!!

Dave
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    V 17.8 is very stable and the template feature just kills.

With the release of the 650 and the potential for attaching movie files I would like to renew my request for full and what you previously referred to as "random" file attachment.

There is no sarcasm implied, I acknowledge your remarkable effort with Chatter - I just need full attachment support both from RAM and the external SD card.

Thanx for listening.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast