Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I'm having problems with QSync stalling. All the messages are recvd/sent, but the green "QSync" stays on for a few minutes. (17b51:6)
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  2.    #22  
    skfny - Can you send me an annotated log showing this? Thanks.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    skfny - Can you send me an annotated log showing this? Thanks.

Marc
    Marc,

It works fine now. Must have been the location / time of day. Probably a Vision issue.
    have reset, reloaded, stood on my head, sacrificed a chicken etc and still not full functionality here.

Getting mail in my fusemail inbox. Have the account set up as fusemail, get the inbox by default.

Tried to put in some of my other folders which I had showing in the older version and it says my folder list hasnt been reloaded. so I hit reload and it says it will be reloaded. Hit ok. green arrows come on for awhile.
    go back in and there are still no folder list.

Not wanting to do a complete hard reset but its looking like I may have to.

Any ideas Marc?
  5.    #25  
    Send me an email and I'll send you a new version to try. It's possible you'll need to remove ALL of Chatter (incl. mailboxes) and start over, but I'm hoping not.

Marc
    Send me an email and I'll send you a new version to try. It's possible you'll need to remove ALL of Chatter (incl. mailboxes) and start over, but I'm hoping not.

Marc
    email on its way. I will happily delete the whole thing if that helps.
    loaded what you sent me after deleting all chatter files and doing an arrow up reset (which on the 650 doesnt seem to do much different than a stylus reset) and the results are the same.
    I can set up an account but no folders beyond the inbox because the folder list will not reload.
  8.    #28  
    woof - I'd need a log then.

Marc
    Was this release tested? I just did a fresh install on a brand new Treo 600. I was able to launch the program initially, started inputting settings for my mail server, then got back to the main screen and it said "this version of Chatter is unregistered" and promptly rebooted my phone.

Now every time I go to start Chatter my palm reboots and I get the message "Chatter startup failed!" Very annoying...

-rt

p.s. and I can't even delete the faulty app!
    Last edited by junitas; 12/21/2004 at 05:57 PM.
    I reinstalled and it pparently solved whatever the issue was. For error reporting purposes, the sequence of events ran thus:

1. Installed Chatter
    2. When it started it said something like "trial period started, you have 10481 days remaining"
    3. Entered and set-up
    4.Tried to check email, reported "Folder does not exist on this server" or something like that.
    5. Went back in to edit settings, log out
    6. Phone reset
    7. Got message as indicated above every time I launched chatter
    8. Went in and deletd mail database file (2k) whuile trying to delete program files (which would not delete under any circumstances, Chatter, ChatterExg, or ChatterUtils)
    9. Reinstalled entirely
    10. Now I got a license agreement message (didn't before)
    11. Now I get 30 day message for time remaining
    12. Logged in, set up, it works.

-rt
  11.    #31  
    junitas - There indeed was a problem for people upgrading from 1.0b15.x to 1.0b17. I believe that people moving to 1.0b17.1 won't have that problem. Sorry!

Marc
    Marc -

When a message is moved to a different folder on the server, does Chatter actually copy the message to the new folder and then delete it from the original folder? I ask because when I move messages to another folder, a copy also shows up in the "move deleted messages to" folder that I specified. I don't think that should be happening on move, should it?

Thanks, Jesse
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    1.0b17.1

+ Improved the auto-start functionality to make upgrading to 17 possible
    + Added "junk" command for those who move deleted messages to another folder.

Marc
    *edit*
  14.    #34  
    jberman - There is no "move" concept in IMAP. So a "move" is a combination of "copy" and "delete" and that's what you're seeing.

Marc
    There is no "move" concept in IMAP. So a "move" is a combination of "copy" and "delete" and that's what you're seeing.
    Got it - thanks for the explanation! Unfortunately the "delete" part of that particular combination also causes an extra copy of the message to be put in the "move deleted messages to" folder. Perhaps a useful option in Chatter would be to be able to reserve the "move deleted messages to" feature for cases where the message is actually just being deleted, not moved elsewhere first.

Just something to think about....

Thanks, Jesse
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Ooooo, I had never noticed this. But it is definitely happening.

I would definitely agree that a "move" should be the equivalent of a "copy and purge" and NOT a "copy to new folder and copy to deleted folder". At least I would like that option. I don't need extra copies of messages.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Marc,

Luckily for me I recently upgraded to 17.1 from 15.X. The new Folder Heiarchy is great but can you restore the key shortcut which takes the highlight to all folders; not just Inbox or Local Parent folder. Handy for scanning folders.

Thx
  18.    #38  
    puyi - Not sure what you mean about the key shortcut? Are you talking about the hard-button thing that's set up in Buttons?

Marc
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Marc,

Currently when accessing the folder list pull down menu, the only key buttons which take me directly to my selection are "i", "l", and "o" for Inbox, Local, and Outbox, respectively.

I would also like keys to a select the child folders as well.

Hope this makes sense.

puyi - Not sure what you mean about the key shortcut? Are you talking about the hard-button thing that's set up in Buttons?

Marc
  20.    #40  
    puyi - Oh, that's an OS thing you're seeing. It only worked before because folders were alphabetized.

-m
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast