1.    #1  
    Thanks.
    Haven't tried either, but Weather.com and Yahoo! Weather have services that appear to meet your needs.

And if you're willing to spend $5, 4Cast is a great program.
    Not via e-mail or SMS, but you can set it up to go out and fetch (via internet) weather forecast. And it is a GREAT alarm clock.

http://www.treoalarm.com/
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I use msn's free mobile services to send weather alerts for my commute from CO. Springs to Denver.
    To set it up get an msn messenger account/hotmail/msn whatever to get you logged into msn messenger. Then through the menus configure msn mobile alerts (options|mobile I think). They are easy to setup. I have only my home weather sent to me on weekends & the zip codes of the points along the way on the work days.

One can also setup other free alerts News/Sports/Loto.
    if you send an SMS to 42278 , and in the body type in your zipcode ,,,,,,, abra cadabra .........
    I use a service called Infusion that allows for weather events to be inserted into your calendar via your PC's calendar (mine is Lotus Notes). These get sync'd to your device and predicts one week at a time, three cities for me (Detroit, Pune, and Paris).

Brian
    stevenwe,
    looks like SMS to 42278 will charge $0.75.
    "Take the Weather with You!
    Send a text message with a zip code or city name to 4CAST (42278)and well send the 36 hour forecast to your phone. $0.75 per message. Its easy to use, always on, and flexible! No need to subscribe or sign up! Click here for details."
    Law school is a 3 year exersize in mind control--Thomas Newcomb

N400(P.O.S. )-->S.E. T608-->Treo 650-->moto rzr-->xv6700-->pn-820 but I really miss my Treo!!
    I use msn alerts. Works great!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions