Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What is the best sreen protector to buy? I just bought one from Boxwave and not really happy.
    What don't you like about the Boxwave? It's about the best I've ever used.
    I have used several screen protectors and now using Boxwave and are personal favorites. Boxwave does have at least two types though...Crystal Clear and No Glare. I have the no Glare ones and love them. Good texture, no glare, no fingerprints because they are not glossy. Cant even tell they are there.

Though they are cut just a hairwidth to small, which is probably intentional so we can remove them again, once they are on.
    Unless you just don't like the texture of them, the only thing I can think of that one might not like about the Boxwave is how hard it is to get it installed without dust and such trapped underneath. Unfortunately though, that's true of just about any protector. I found, however, that a can of compressed air was VERY helpful in this, along with moving quickly after washing it so that dust doesn't have much time to collect. But the fact that you can remove it, wash it, and reapply it over and over until you get it right is incredible!

Like I said though, tell us what you don't like about it (and which version you have) and maybe we can help you find one you'll like better.
    I like the boxwave too.
    I just came across a great review of a bunch of different screen protectors, with the BoxWave coming out on top.

Are All Screen Protectors Created Equal?
    Justin:

How come this guy claims you defrauded him (see marketplace) and has posted several detailed posts about not having returned his phone to him? Is there any truth to that? It's kind of chilling to have that accusation out there on the boards without you telling us what happened.
    Just installed the Boxwave Crystal Clear Screen Protector. Amazing! No bubbles! No dust. Dropped in place the first time without problems! Love it.
    Thanks Argelius, good to know because I will be installing my Boxwave Crystal Clear today for the first time.
    ~'kito
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis
    Justin:

How come this guy claims you defrauded him (see marketplace) and has posted several detailed posts about not having returned his phone to him? Is there any truth to that? It's kind of chilling to have that accusation out there on the boards without you telling us what happened.
    Um yeah take a look at this thread Justin
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=67423
    Are any of you T650 owners using G2's. Many, including myself, favored these on the Treo 600? Just wondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Are any of you T650 owners using G2's. Many, including myself, favored these on the Treo 600? Just wondering.
    I used the G2 on my Treo 600 (and my i330 and i300 before that). I was pretty happy with them, but I had several complaints:

- They're pretty thick, and if they're not sitting just right, they can seriously affect the responsivness of the screen.
    - They almost make the screen feel too slick.
    - They acutally increase glare, in my opinion.
    - They're nearly impossible to get on without any dust, and since they just lay on the screen, dust and dirt gets under them pretty quickly once applied.
    While they're removable, it's pretty easy to crease them.
    - The guy that makes them is either seriously overworked or has some other order fulfillment and communication problems. I've had more than one order that has gone ignored for several weeks until I sent multiple emails asking if he was going to fulfill it.

I switched to Boxwave anti-glare for the T650, and it solves all these problems. The only possible downside with the Boxwave is that I don't think they're quite as thick or as hard, so they may not provide *quite* as much protection against a deep gouge as the G2. I'm not concerned about that, and it may not even be true -- the Boxwave is pretty durable. So, in conclusion, I'd say the Boxwave beats the G2 pretty solidly.

-Brian
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I have a Boxwave Crystal Clear on my SX66 and I am very happy with it. However, if you are perfectionist (I am), then you better set some time aside to install this. It is almost impossible to install it with zero dust getting trapped underneath. Also if you just washed it you will get the screen a little wet. The package says the water will evaporate, and it does, but it won't leave it crystal clear. Now I say that because I want my screen to look absolutely perfect even when the unit is off. Once the unit is on anyything trapped underneath is invisible but I can't stand seeing ANYTHING trapped underneath.......EVER. I managed to get it done by washing it and then applying it onto a clean plastic box, once it dried I removed it from the box and applied it to my immaculate ly cleaned screen. If it caught something on it while applying it I gently lifted it with black vinyl tape and touched that spot on the protectoe with two sided tape to remove the particle without getting fingerprints on it. I did that until all particles were removed. It took me about 30 minutes but now 2 am COMPLETELY satisfied.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    We have a cleanroom where I work -- I should start a service offering dust free installations
    A can of compressed air made a huge difference in trying to get it on without dust.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I don't think anyone mentioned the Treo central screen protectors, I think thier 1/2 the price as Boxwave and I think work very well. Used them on 600 and 650
    I've even heard some say they think the TreoCentral protectors *are* the BoxWave...or at least are very similar. Can anyone confirm?
    Hmmm, I notice Justin801 hasn't replied to this thread. Now that he's been "called out" he probably got himself a new user ID.

I have Boxwave crystal-clear and can't even tell it's on there. And, I love the peace of mind that I can't scratch my phone's screen!

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    I've even heard some say they think the TreoCentral protectors *are* the BoxWave...or at least are very similar. Can anyone confirm?
    They're not. TreoCentral will send you its "all purpose" protectors, which you have to cut to size with a scissors. I didn't like them at all. I got my Boxwave's last week, but am still working up the nerve to install them.
    I have Boxwave's "Crystal Clear" and LOVE them. Totally see through.
    ~'kito
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast