Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Okay. I did it. I'm glad I bought the three pack!

The first one, I made several attempts, and a bubble or dust speck always made it onto the protector before I could get it to the Treo. Even worse, when I "flapped it up and down" to dry it (as advised in the instructions), I ended up putting an ever-so-slight crease in it. Once I did get the protector down, it had a little bump in it.

Speaking of instructions - included in the protector and given on these boards - I gotta ask what kind of credit cards you guys are using to "press out" the protector. All the cards in my wallet are wider than the screen is!

For attempt number two, I hovered close over my Treo, peeled the protector off the backing and placed it on the screen instantly. A piece of tape helped me get one corner up, then allowed me to slide it back down while rubbing out any potential bubbles (dropping it diagonally seems to have helped). Voila, perfect.

I have to say, compared to the otherwise lackluster PalmOne/TC protectors, the "Anti-Glare" box wave are noticably opaque (if that's the right word). Not to the point of impeding readibility/visibility, to be sure, but it isn't "crystal clear." On the other hand, I really like the feel of these, almost paper-like (versus the rubber feel of the PalmOne sheets). I definitely think these will last longer.
    Treocentral's are the same as the boxwave anti-glare. (just without the fancy packaging). You do NOT have to cut to size.
    Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon
    They're not. TreoCentral will send you its "all purpose" protectors, which you have to cut to size with a scissors. I didn't like them at all. I got my Boxwave's last week, but am still working up the nerve to install them.
    Incorrect. Our Screen Protector's are made at the same factory as Boxwaves, and they are pre-cut to fit the Treo screen. You may be thinking of palmOne's universal screen protectors.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    I've even heard some say they think the TreoCentral protectors *are* the BoxWave...or at least are very similar. Can anyone confirm?
    bkrodgers and all,

I think that you'll find both the ClearTouch Anti-Glare and Crystal to be distinguished products among many similar products in the market. ClearTouch is an award winning product that has withstood its competitors with its distinct features and qualities.

But of course, it's easy for us to say so . We are confident that you'll find a community of users that would be willing to provide you with their own ClearTouch experiences. Many of those whom have tried other similar products have found ClearTouch to be their solution.

If you'd like more information and reviews on ClearTouch, please feel free to PM me.

Cheers,
    Cho
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    Incorrect. Our Screen Protector's are made at the same factory as Boxwaves, and they are pre-cut to fit the Treo screen. You may be thinking of palmOne's universal screen protectors.
    I stand corrected. The things definitely came in an orange-y PalmOne box. And I certainly can't find a mega-pak of screen protectors in the TC store. Hmm.

I'd definitely recommend putting the "cut to fit" statement in the product's feature description, as it seems a pretty important detail. (I imagine there's a reason you can't outright state, "Same as Boxwave but cheaper!")
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisW
    Treocentral's are the same as the boxwave anti-glare. (just without the fancy packaging). You do NOT have to cut to size.
    Hmm. If what I got from Boxwave directly counts as "fancy packaging," I'm not sure what to expect from TreoCentral!
    okay im searching the next for an answer...when i got my treo 600, i got the martin fields (which i didnt like) then the boxwave cleartouch. Now i figured i have the anti-glare one, and the reason i like this one, is it doesnt show fingerprints and smudges like the martin fields did. Now what is the difference in the "crystal" version? Does it still cover up oil/face smudges and fingerprints...or is it more like the martin fields.

BTW in case it wasnt clear, boxwave r0xor the big one!!111
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    okay im searching the next for an answer...when i got my treo 600, i got the martin fields (which i didnt like) then the boxwave cleartouch. Now i figured i have the anti-glare one, and the reason i like this one, is it doesnt show fingerprints and smudges like the martin fields did. Now what is the difference in the "crystal" version? Does it still cover up oil/face smudges and fingerprints...or is it more like the martin fields.

BTW in case it wasnt clear, boxwave r0xor the big one!!111
    Hofo_mofo,

The ClearTouch Crystal with its 99% visual transparency and glass-like clarity provides an absolutely clear screen protection. The ClearTouch Anti-Glare on the other hand is better known for its ability to remain fingerprint-free.

Both the ClearTouch Crystal and Anti-Glare provide similar protection from scratches. But if you are looking for more of a fingerprint-free surface, the ClearTouch Anti-Glare is your best option.

More information about these products can be found here:
    ClearTouch Crystal
    ClearTouch Anti-Glare

If you have further questions, please feel free to PM me.

Cheers,
    Sung
    Sung, i thank you very much for the answer. Im assuming as well the Treo 600 screen protectors and the Treo 650 screen protectors are the same size? (i bought a three pack for my treo 600)
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    Sung, i thank you very much for the answer. Im assuming as well the Treo 600 screen protectors and the Treo 650 screen protectors are the same size? (i bought a three pack for my treo 600)
    Hofo_mofo,

Yes, you are correct. The ClearTouch screen protectors for the Treo 650 and the Treo 600 do come in the same size.

Please feel free to contact us for answers to additional questions you may have!

Cheers!
    Sung
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12