1.    #1  
    Anyone else have a problem with Pocket Tunes 3.0.6 triggering a soft reset often? I have the trial version currently--many times I open up Pocket Tunes, hit "play", and my Palm resets. Other times it's playing and then spontaneously resets (almost every 1/2 hour, which is when Snappermail is fetching my mail). I'm using a Sony cassette tape adapter to play MP3s in my car, but I don't think it's related to that.

Anyone have any suggestions? I like Pocket Tunes over the other MP3 players I've seen, but every time ptunes resets my Treo while I'm driving I start thinking violent thoughts
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    Anyone else have a problem with Pocket Tunes 3.0.6 triggering a soft reset often? I have the trial version currently--many times I open up Pocket Tunes, hit "play", and my Palm resets. Other times it's playing and then spontaneously resets (almost every 1/2 hour, which is when Snappermail is fetching my mail). I'm using a Sony cassette tape adapter to play MP3s in my car, but I don't think it's related to that.

Anyone have any suggestions? I like Pocket Tunes over the other MP3 players I've seen, but every time ptunes resets my Treo while I'm driving I start thinking violent thoughts
    Hey, Mr. MoNKEY.

I am running the 3.0.6 trial myself right now on my T600 and am not seeing any resets. I was seeing some misbehavior with an earlier 2.x version (including resets), but since then I did a hard reset to clear up some Chatter Email problems. I know hard resets are a pain, but if you can't come up with anything else to try....

Oh, have to tried changing the interval on your Snapper fetches to see if that has an effect?

Good luck!
    --Mike
  3.    #3  
    Yeah I might try the snappermail thing, though I hope the final solution is not for me to disable mail fetching. I also use TextPlus, which looks like it may cause issues. I may just take a chance and buy PTunes, since my trial runs out in 6 days and Palmgear is having a promotion from Dec. 23-25 I think.

Thanks for the help!
  4.    #4  
    Ok, it looks like the problem is definitely Snappermail. While in PTunes a little box pops up saying Snappermail will fetch mail in 5...4...3...2...1...soft reset! So this is pretty dang annoying while listening to tunes during my commute and having my phone reset every half hour.

I'm sure all my fellow power users out there probably have Snappermail and Ptunes as well--anyone solve this problem?
    Bummer, MM!

I just explicitly did a sync with Chatter Email while playing pTunes in the background. No problem. I will try to catch the next time Chatter is going to sync on its own in the background and see if there is a conflict if *both* Chatter and pTunes are in the background when the sync happens. Since the link you ref earlier says, "Treo 600 Mail (Beta) - causes crash when checking mail," it is probably reasonable to expect problems with some other mailers as well.

I know you already bought Snapper, but you *might* want to try a free eval of Chatter to see if it is an option for you. Chatter & pTunes seems to work for me even when I am streaming ShoutCast audio through pTunes in the background and doing a sync with a mailbox. I didn't really expect that to work.

--Mike
    I also get the same reset issue when I sync my mail wirelessly, so I know there's some sort of conflict btw PT and mail syncs. In my case I'm using Verizon's Wireless Sync. It doesn't happen in every case, just every once in a while. I chalk it up to software incompatibility, and I doubt either developer is going to really care - they'll each tell me 'well, just delete that other app'. So - I live with it.
  7.    #7  
    Yeah, it doesn't happen on every Snappermail sync, but it does happen quite often though. It would be nice if Snappermail waited to fetch mail when the device was shut off--that way if PTunes is active, it shouldn't fetch mail. Or, perhaps a preferences screen where you can disable automatic mail fetching when certain programs are enabled.

Anyways. You're probably right, we're going to have to just live with it.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike129
    I know you already bought Snapper, but you *might* want to try a free eval of Chatter to see if it is an option for you. Chatter & pTunes seems to work for me even when I am streaming ShoutCast audio through pTunes in the background and doing a sync with a mailbox. I didn't really expect that to work.

--Mike
    Tempting, but I dropped $60 on Snapper and so not sure I'm ready to take the next step and switch to Chatter. However let's see how long it takes before I chuck my Treo and PTunes out the window and download the Chatter trial
    I havenít noticed any resets of yet, only 20 minutes of use though. I did notice that you can play music in both ptunes and Real player at the same time. Remix ....
    Bizconn does the same thing. Everytime it autosyncs, the phone goes into a strange semi-off state (the screen never comes back on, but the Green led flashes), that's only cureable by a soft reset. The only solution I've found is to disable the push service on Bizconn. Anyone have any other solutions?